5 sets of 10 reps for cutting?

Options
I dont have much time left in my cutting so I thought Id up it up a little bit, I was doing 4 sets till this past week and gonna go for 5 from monday. Have any of you tried it?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You are most likely going to lose strength in a deficit... If I were you, I'd incorporate some 5x5's for squats, deadlifts, bench etc just to maintain it and perhaps increase your strength.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    When do you add in the cardio?
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

This ^^^

• jersey_54
    jersey_54 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

This ^^^

Never did cardio lol, Exept practice and abs and for two weeks for breaking plateau but none other than that. Always preferred lifting more
  • jhass80
    jhass80 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    5 sets of 10 is the mainstay of my workouts. I finish with a max set. Also do a moderate amount of cardio. It helps oxygen transfer for better lifts.
  • _bellator_
    _bellator_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with 5 sets. It won't make much difference with your cutting though, I'm sure you know.
  • jersey_54
    jersey_54 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    _bellator_ wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with 5 sets. It won't make much difference with your cutting though, I'm sure you know.

Well I'd sweat more and burn more so I thought I'd just up it to 5 for three weeks remaining of my cut
  • _bellator_
    _bellator_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    jersey_54 wrote: »

Well I'd sweat more and burn more so I thought I'd just up it to 5 for three weeks remaining of my cut

Ok. Have fun :)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    jersey_54 wrote: »

Yeeeeeah. Go ahead and add that cardio bro