150 lbs GONE!

167891012»

Replies

• cdcjensen
    cdcjensen Posts: 30 Member
    Not a clothing item, but look what I did today! It's lyrics from a song called "Boston", and I was on the streets of Boston, a few weeks after the marathon bombing, surrounded by the flowers/memorials, when I had my epiphany that I wasn't going to weigh 300+ pounds anymore. These lyrics have so much meaning in my journey, it's not even funny.

xvvvus4n5ysb.png
  • crgoakleaf
    crgoakleaf Posts: 6 Member
    Very proud of you
  • Jimmie342
    Jimmie342 Posts: 56 Member
    Awesome! Truly inspirational.
  • Miss_TeaPot
    Miss_TeaPot Posts: 55 Member
    Wow wonderful! Glad I saw this today. So inspirational. You did amazing work!
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Wow you have did well!!
    You should be so proud!!
  • provence9
    provence9 Posts: 118 Member
    Fabulous!
  • apeydawn423
    apeydawn423 Posts: 118 Member
    Thank you for sharing your story. You certainly have giving me motivation and inspiration to continue on my journey!!! Congrats to you!
  • HeatherHS
    HeatherHS Posts: 19 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm just starting out on my journey and you are a total INSPIRATION, congratulations to you
  • rbee2015
    rbee2015 Posts: 50 Member
    Holy cow!!!! Best transformation I have ever seen !!! Truly amazing
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Wow! You look amazing!
  • becky53012
    becky53012 Posts: 78 Member
    I am amazed! You look healthy, happy and beautiful! Enjoy the next part of your journey- getting to know yourself :)
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Congratulations on your outstanding successful weight loss. You are beautiful and give so many of us inspiration to keep going. Thank you!
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    cdcjensen wrote: »
    AShannon54 wrote: »
    You totally rock! You are a great inspiration and I bet you feel fantastic.

Have you transitioned into maintaining instead of loss? I have about 15-20 more lbs to lose before I hit my long term goal (I have lost almost 120 lbs to date) and I am already worried/thinking/stressing about having to change my diet from 'loss' to 'maintenance'.

I have been working so hard and I have a daily routine for calories and it's a bit scary for me to start eating more. Overeating was the reason I gained all my weight in the first place. Any tips or suggestions on how to slowly move into 'maintenance mode'?

I've been doing it for a few weeks now, and I've got to say that it is FAR less stressful to me than weight loss mode was. I think that's because once I reached my goal (which was a somewhat arbitrary number), I stopped stressing over the scale and moved emphasis to how I look and feel. I still step on the scale each week, but it's more for a gut check than anything else, and I'm finding it stays pretty steady, maybe swinging a couple of pounds in either direction, but hovering at my goal. I've crept my calories up VERY slowly, so even after a month, most days, I only eat about 1400, although I go out to dinner with my husband once a week and now get what I actually want. I will keep inching up calories slowly as long as everything stays in check. And, of course, I still track everything faithfully in my food diary. That's how I'm managing the fear -- as long as I know what I'm consuming (and can point to the issue if the scale goes up), then I'm finding my fear subsiding as I show myself each day that I can actually eat and maintain control.

I want to keep this to refer back to when I reach my goal. This makes a lot of sense and takes the fear out of maintenance. Awesome!!
  • whiteblossom14
    whiteblossom14 Posts: 240 Member
    Amazing
  • anshulk2015
    anshulk2015 Posts: 2 Member
    inspiring!!!!!
  • mogobam
    mogobam Posts: 25 Member
    WOW!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Wow congrats you deserve this
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!