Greek Yogurt - How to love if you hate it?

Options
I know hate is a strong word but I truly hate greek yogurt. I keep trying it and have yet to find one that I like. I tried Chobani and it tasted like soap. I tried another brand and it was sour - perhaps it was bad.

How can I learn to love something I hate and are there specific brands that are better tasting than others?
Needing your feedback.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Question: why do you need to love it?
  • lokihen
    lokihen Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I only tried it once. Yuck. Never again.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to eat foods you hate. I'd skip it unless there's some reason you really need it in your diet.

Also, I hate the Chobani. It's my least favorite of all the Greek yogurts out there. You might try one of tge sweeter brands like Yoplait or Oikos until you get used to it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    I adore Cabot low fat vanilla Greek yogurt. I make refrigerator oatmeal with it plus strawberries. Nom nom nom.

I use plain Greek yogurt in recipes like Tzatziki sauce, which I use as a low calorie/full flavor salad dressing. Since plain doesn't have any sugar, I prefer it for savory recipes.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you dont like it dont eat it. Simple as.
  • thinkbe4youink
    thinkbe4youink Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Honestly I hated it too but the Macros in it are great. I eat fage greek yogurt. It has 18g protein. What I did to make It yummy is put a little honey and cinnamon in it and it's pretty good. I actuallt enjoy it now.
  • isthatpoisontoo
    isthatpoisontoo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan, either, but it is filling and low cal. I put it in smoothies, so it tastes mostly of fruit.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I love it and I embrace the sour. The Greek Yogurt that I found most heavenly was a full fat organic lemon flavoured that played off the slight sourness.

If you hate it, get your dairy protein another way, like cheese.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Found a brand that I liked. That said, you don't HAVE to eat it if you don't want to.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I like fage greek yogurt. Plain.

But if you don't like it... why on earth are you forcing yourself to eat it?
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Eat something else.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Do you like peanut butter? I put PB2 in my greek yogurt. I like PB2 and greek yogurt better than ice cream.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    You know that plain yogurt can be substituted for sour cream and can be, well, sour, right?
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I don't care for yogurt in general. It's the texture. But I love the high protein of Greek yogurt. I use it in recipes like in egg salad sandwiches or mixed with powdered sugar and vanilla as frosting. Or in a smoothie or shake. I'm always trying to incorporate it into my meals. I don't eat it alone though.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I like the Yoplait greek yogurt 100 cal whips. tastes like dessert/mousse
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, then don't eat it.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Chobani is the worst.

Why do you need to eat Greek yogurt? If you don't like it, don't eat it.

If the sourness is an issue, you might like getting plain, adding a sweetener, and then adding a bit of vanilla extract. I do that and add blueberries sometimes.
  • MyWhole30Journey
    MyWhole30Journey Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    ciacyrus29 wrote: »
    I know hate is a strong word but I truly hate greek yogurt. I keep trying it and have yet to find one that I like. I tried Chobani and it tasted like soap. I tried another brand and it was sour - perhaps it was bad.

How can I learn to love something I hate and are there specific brands that are better tasting than others?
    Needing your feedback.
    Yogurt is a healthy food, and good for you in many ways. I like to add honey to taste and either frozen fruit or some of my favorite preserves. I jarred some raspberry and apricot jams, they're both delicious on Greek yogurt.
  • piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, you don't have to eat it! However, if you are trying different healthy options and still open to trying it new ways, I would suggest adding some cocoa powder (I use about 3 g per every 100 g of yogurt) and some sort of sweetener - I like vanilla protein powder (I use about 10 g per every 100 g of yogurt). I eat this for breakfast and sometimes dip strawberries in it - delicious!