what are your workouts like? (No gym)

Options
Please share details about your workouts.
1)What do you do?
2) How long do you do it for?
3) Hoe many calories does it burn?
4) How many days a week?
5) What time do you do it?
6) Do you eat back your workout calories?
Thank you and good luck :)

Replies

• victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I do fitness blender workouts on YouTube probably five times a week for 30-60 minutes. The calories burnt depends on what I do and varies a lot but typically estimate around 400 for a longer workout. I eat back half.
  • ajc1309
    ajc1309 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    1)What do you do? Cardio on a stationary bike
    2) How long do you do it for? 45 minutes
    3) Hoe many calories does it burn? My bike says 300
    4) How many days a week? Usually 5 days a week
    5) What time do you do it? Between 11am-2pm
    6) Do you eat back your workout calories? Only a small amount. I don't eat them all back.
  • bhanvi
    bhanvi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I do fitness blender workouts on YouTube probably five times a week for 30-60 minutes. The calories burnt depends on what I do and varies a lot but typically estimate around 400 for a longer workout. I eat back half.
    That is really good.I tried their fiit workout and couldn't last more than 10 minutes.I should start doing it more often.Thank you for sharing. :)
  • bhanvi
    Options
    ajc1309 wrote: »
    6) Do you eat back your workout calories? Only a small amount. I don't eat them all back.

That's great.May I ask how many calories do you eat? I am striving hard to burn the same amount of calories but as of now it's only 200. Good luck to you :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    I don't feel the need for a gym membership until the dead of winter. Right now I garden, walk, hike, swim, and practice yoga. The times for all of these varies depending on how much time I have and how I feel.

I don't eat all my exercise calories back but don't have a system for this - I stop eating when I'm full and usually have a few hundred calories left over at the end of the day. I've heard many people say they don't eat more than 50% of their exercise calories back.
  • bhanvi
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I don't feel the need for a gym membership until the dead of winter. Right now I garden, walk, hike, swim, and practice yoga. The times for all of these varies depending on how much time I have and how I feel.

I don't eat all my exercise calories back but don't have a system for this - I stop eating when I'm full and usually have a few hundred calories left over at the end of the day. I've heard many people say they don't eat more than 50% of their exercise calories back.

Woww...what you do seems like a lot of fun.I love swimming too.What a grear way to burn fat. :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Swimming and water aerobics and at least a mile walk every day...unless it's raining or under 50 degrees. I might swim when it's cold because the water is heated, but I'm not walking around for miles when it's so cold.

I do bodyweight stuff, yoga and sometimes a workout tape in the house.
  • bhanvi
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Swimming and water aerobics and at least a mile walk every day...unless it's raining or under 50 degrees. I might swim when it's cold because the water is heated, but I'm not walking around for miles when it's so cold.

I do bodyweight stuff, yoga and sometimes a workout tape in the house.

Water aerobics *_* That is amazing.Do you do it by yourself?

• Bacchants
    Bacchants Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I mainly do my workouts at the gym, but if I can't go/don't feel it then I use a range of apps called Sworkit. They have lots of different ones, although my favourite is the stretching one. You put in how long you want to work out then follow along :)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I HATE the gym. So I do Fitness Blender type workouts at home, that's pretty much all I did for several months 5 or 6 times a week. Now I've started running outside too.

So now I run 3-4 times a week and do 1 or 2 strength/resistance workouts at home per week.

Running 3.5 miles I burn about 600 calories, I wear a heart rate monitor so eat most of those back if I'm hungry.

I try to run early morning, anything else whenever I can be bothered getting round to it really!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    1)What do you do? Stationary recumbent > 16 mph or walk average 3.8 mph or miscellaneous youtube videos.
    2) How long do you do it for? 40-60 minutes. Occasionally longer.
    3) Hoe many calories does it burn? I enter a guess of 5 calories per minute
    4) How many days a week? 4-6.
    5) What time do you do it? Whenever I get around to it.
    6) Do you eat back your workout calories? Nope because I really don't know how many I burn. I exercise for overall health benefit.
  • ajc1309
    ajc1309 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    bhanvi wrote: »
    ajc1309 wrote: »

That's great.May I ask how many calories do you eat? I am striving hard to burn the same amount of calories but as of now it's only 200. Good luck to you :)

I eat 1200. When I first started out I found it hard to burn even 100 calories. Now I can easily do 300, you just have to build up to it.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my little one will get sick and I refuse to take him to the gym daycare when he's sick (as I hope the other parents will do the same for me) So I have at home workouts-
    1)What do you do? At home workouts using my body weight - push up's, dips, and I have a set of weights that I'll use every so often.
    2) How long do you do it for? Always an hour
    3) Hoe many calories does it burn? I use the, "Calisthenics low moderate effort," exercise on MFP and I think that says I burn 200 in an hour.
    4) How many days a week? If little one is super sick and I can't go to gym at all for the week then I do it it at least 4x in the week
    5) What time do you do it? during the childs nap with is usually 11am
    6) Do you eat back your workout calories? - try to eat back only half.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Woww...what you do seems like a lot of fun.I love swimming too.What a grear way to burn fat. :)

Ya, swimming gave me 711 calories for 64 minutes :smiley: I had 589 calories left over at the end of the day but wasn't hungry enough to eat more.

• bhanvi
    Options
    Sometimes my little one will get sick and I refuse to take him to the gym daycare when he's sick (as I hope the other parents will do the same for me) So I have at home workouts-
    1)What do you do? At home workouts using my body weight - push up's, dips, and I have a set of weights that I'll use every so often.
    2) How long do you do it for? Always an hour
    3) Hoe many calories does it burn? I use the, "Calisthenics low moderate effort," exercise on MFP and I think that says I burn 200 in an hour.
    4) How many days a week? If little one is super sick and I can't go to gym at all for the week then I do it it at least 4x in the week
    5) What time do you do it? during the childs nap with is usually 11am
    6) Do you eat back your workout calories? - try to eat back only half.

Oh wow!! I usually complain about not having time to workout during college time but you have just inspired me to keep doing it no matter what.Keep doing what you do.It is so amazing and motivational.

• bhanvi
    Options
    Bacchants wrote: »
    I mainly do my workouts at the gym, but if I can't go/don't feel it then I use a range of apps called Sworkit. They have lots of different ones, although my favourite is the stretching one. You put in how long you want to work out then follow along :)
    Ohh perfect! I am going to check out the app.Thank you so much for your answer,I needed something I could follow along at home on my convenience.
  • bhanvi
    Options
    I HATE the gym. So I do Fitness Blender type workouts at home, that's pretty much all I did for several months 5 or 6 times a week. Now I've started running outside too.

So now I run 3-4 times a week and do 1 or 2 strength/resistance workouts at home per week.

Running 3.5 miles I burn about 600 calories, I wear a heart rate monitor so eat most of those back if I'm hungry.

I try to run early morning, anything else whenever I can be bothered getting round to it really!

Haha..I hate gyms too lol :D And I love fitness blender workouts, hopefully I would gain the stamina to complete the whole workout.
    It's great that you go out for a run, running on ground is much more effective than running on treadmill. :)

• bezlooney
    bezlooney Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    1)What do you do?
    4) How many days a week?

1. Running on the tredmill, bodyrock workouts, blenderfitness,benderfitness,christin salus hiits.
    2. 400-500 but this depends on your weight, age...
    3. 7 days a week
    4. 5:30am
    5. No
  • bhanvi
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    1)What do you do? Stationary recumbent > 16 mph or walk average 3.8 mph or miscellaneous youtube videos.
    2) How long do you do it for? 40-60 minutes. Occasionally longer.
    3) Hoe many calories does it burn? I enter a guess of 5 calories per minute
    4) How many days a week? 4-6.
    5) What time do you do it? Whenever I get around to it.
    6) Do you eat back your workout calories? Nope because I really don't know how many I burn. I exercise for overall health benefit.

That's great.Thank you for sharing your workout.I actually didn't know what a recumbent is and so I looked online, it looks a lot different than a stationary bike.Does it serve a different purpose? :) keep up the good work.

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    1)What do you do?
    4) How many days a week?

a) stretches, 20-30 minutes + calisthenics ~ 40 mins, daily. No idea re cals burned, do not log. Done in morning ~1 hr after waking

b) cardio machines (stationary bike, treadmill, elliptical), or walking outside, prob every other day or so, 40-60 mins, done either after stretches + calisthenics or later in the day. Cal burn = 200-300, according to machines or websites (not MFP), yes log this. I eat back my calories, yup. Good luck to you as well :)