Been on here for a while but never really got started...

I'm 28 from Scotland and about 3 and a half stone over weight. I'm a generally happy person and have always went up and down from a size 14 up to an 18, almost 20 at my biggest. I would really like to lose weight and be healthy going into my 30 's. Right now I'm a size 16... as I'm getting older I'm not as toned and cellulite on my arms and stretch marks are becoming more visible. I'm a big drinker of wine and Jack Daniels which I know is the cause of much of my weight gain. I'm going to have a month off the drink to see if this helps.... does anyone else feel that alcohol has been a big contribution to their weight gain?

Replies

• mummyhazell
    mummyhazell Posts: 4 Member
    Welcome! So the positive is that you're not at your biggest - that's good! I've used MFP since last October and have lost just over 2 stone to June. Went away for 2 weeks holiday and only put on 4-5 lbs which I was happy with. Since then have found it hard to get back on track (75% of the time I'm fine) and have put on another couple of pounds I think. Trying really hard now - logging food and trying to walk more as I really want to lose 1 and a half stone by Christmas, although I hadn't planned on it taking so long. Yes I totally agree that alcohol is a big contributor. I too love wine and it's hard to stop isn't it. I try and limit myself to weekends only (perhaps Friday, it depends). I drink at home as we don't really go out, which is fatal! It's really mind over matter and once you feel better about yourself/lose weight it does get easier. Plus no headache the next day! I think a month off is a great thing to do - I'm sure you'll see a difference and then you could re-introduce - maybe just weekends? Good luck with it all.
  • Zendrick
    Zendrick Posts: 83 Member
    Hi! I am not from Scotland, but welcome and good luck on your journey. I am in my mid 30's and fighting the slowing down of my metabolism. I have started and failed many times. This time I am eating cleaner 80% of the time, and I am working out 5 days during the week. Working out for me, is a brisk walk, and then lifting hand weights at home. Changing the way I eat is giving the best results so far.. but I am trying to build muscle as I lose, so no lose skin and muscle burns more calories. I will have the occasional beer but its not every weekend.. It's okay to treat yourself sometimes. Yes Alcohol can contribute, but also look at your diet. :) How does Stones Vs Pounds compare?