6 months with no weight loss

Options
So I was 170 pounds and 5'5 when I decided I really needed to take my diet seriously. I am now averaging about 145 pounds. As I am aware, this is not terribly heavy, especially for my height and frame, but I still have a stomach bulge and flab that is pretty unnecessary. Unfortuanatly, through a combination of increased body confidence and a more independant life-style, I feel like I have fallen off the rails...or have I? When I think back on the past 6 months of following my diet, I realise that very little has changed. In fact, since coming home from school, I have been eating better than ever! Other than a few low-calorie tea biscuits with my coffee, I eat mostly balanced meals with grains and veggies. Since I'm only 21, and I really only gained all my weight in my late teens, am I just obsessing over the relatively little weight I must loose? Currently, my goal is 125 pounds. That seems reasonable, but as I've heard people say, the last 15-20 are very difficult to drop. I don't plan on giving up on my diet, thyroid problems mean my metabolism is already slow, but considering how comparably easy it was to drop the first ten pounds, this is really discouraging! Anybody else know about these sort of weight plateaus? I understand that my problems may seem small to someone who has to loose 100+ pounds, but just think of a 6 month plateau! I can't be the only one!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You need to make your diary public. It has to be logging errors.
  • digitalninjadad
    digitalninjadad Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising? Diet will only get you so far. 30mins per day 7 days a week will change everything. I'm doing DVDs at home. Works great !
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I agree about your diary. You should be able to drop the last ten to fifteen pounds. I'm at that point and keep tweaking things. You can check out my diary. Send me a friend request if you want.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    You need to make your diary public. It has to be logging errors.

This. You're eating at maintenance.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Thyroid problems mean my metabolism is already slow.

I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease), and I lost just like everybody else—by eating fewer calories than I burn. Learn to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Logging works.

nnnaq5rggu08.jpg
  • amandandstuff
    amandandstuff Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!! Having trouble losing the last of my weight also. I just get lazy and tend to not excersize as much as I should. Diet isn't every thing!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!! Having trouble losing the last of my weight also. I just get lazy and tend to not excersize as much as I should. Diet isn't every thing!

Nope, diet is everything :) Fitness is for health.