(Men) Does weight matter?

Options

Replies

• CTnicktellis
    CTnicktellis Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    Size doesn't matter. I prefer thicker women...real women have curves!! It's all about confidence. I confident woman is sexy as hell no matter if she's 110lbs or 200lbs. Some women have beautiful faces and the personality to match but aren't fit...the weight can be lost. A great body with an ugly face and personality can't be helped!

This. But with any size....ugly personality makes you ugly no matter if you are a 10 or not. You may be cute, but if you open your mouth and your attitude sucks.....you're a 2, not a 10.

That's what I meant by the last sentence I just added ugly face as well. But that was the point...beauty is only skin deep!
  • Sparky_1113
    Sparky_1113 Posts: 2,888 Member
    Options
    I know lots of beautiful people, I try and surround my self with them, found so many right here on MFP Love em all
  • GabriellaEstrella
    GabriellaEstrella Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Wow tempers are flared, I love this question. I have embraced my curves but that doesnt stop me from continuing my goal to a newer healtier me. But hey different strokes for different folks!
  • SurelyShannon
    SurelyShannon Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I get an input on this one being a woman and all, but I have been everywhere from a size 0 and modeled, to a size 18 (currently size 10). You are going to come across guys that appreciate you for who you are no matter what size you are, and you will also come across some really crappy guys no matter what size you are. One thing I've learned over the years is confidence is everything. I never had a problem meeting guys or dating. I might also be borderline cocky ;)
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Size doesn't matter. I prefer thicker women...real women have curves!! It's all about confidence. I confident woman is sexy as hell no matter if she's 110lbs or 200lbs. Some women have beautiful faces and the personality to match but aren't fit...the weight can be lost. A great body with an ugly face and personality can't be helped!
    'real women'? really?

a woman isn't more or less real just because she fits your aesthetic preferences. we aren't defined by our hips and breasts.
  • Magnustkn
    Magnustkn Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    To be honest I like thicker women cause I like curves, but there is cut off though.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    'real women'? really?

a woman isn't more or less real just because she fits your aesthetic preferences. we aren't defined by our hips and breasts.
    Yeah I was going to point out that line too. It's kind of a white knight line that's supposed to make the guy saying it look like a 'warrior in the fight against body shaming' which is hilarious because by saying it he's shaming smaller women's bodies and even going as far as removing the feminine attribute from their bodies.
    I know we just cherry picked 4 words from his post and he goes on to backpedal and say weight doesn't matter (or at least give a 90 pound acceptable range) but that phrase irks me whenever I see/hear it.
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    Define overweight. If you're using that silly BMI index and she happens to exceed the normal range, then of course. However, if the person is considered morbidly obese, probably not. I'm kind of an old fashion guy. I like to whisk my woman off her feet and carry her sometimes. I know some extremely overweight women who seem to have no problem finding a man. In my locale, some men actually love obese women. We can't really help what we're attracted to.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    [/b].
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    'real women'? really?

Yeah I was going to point out that line too. It's kind of a white knight line that's supposed to make the guy saying it look like a 'warrior in the fight against body shaming' which is hilarious because by saying it he's shaming smaller women's bodies and even going as far as removing the feminine attribute from their bodies.
    I know we just cherry picked 4 words from his post and he goes on to backpedal and say weight doesn't matter (or at least give a 90 pound acceptable range) but that phrase irks me whenever I see/hear it.

That's ridiculous. We all know that the model Twiggy looked like a prepubescent boy and Marilyn Monroe looked like a "real woman." Real women have curves, unless they don't - in which case they look boyish.

I think people's emotional/PC spot is sore from all that militant feminism training.

• paddles34
    paddles34 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I'm shallow; so, yes.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I would date a woman who is overweight. I wouldn't date a woman who is obese.

Overweight can mean life just got in the way of taking care of yourself. Morbid obesity means you gave up. And that sort of thing trickles into all facets of your life, not just fitness.
  • flinx1241
    flinx1241 Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options

Overweight can mean life just got in the way of taking care of yourself. Morbid obesity means you gave up. And that sort of thing trickles into all facets of your life, not just fitness.

So completely and totally true! I mean, heck, I was morbidly obese for years. Years in which I bought a house, raised two children, started my own production company, wrote a novel, wrote and directed short films and videos, worked full time to support my family, managed a little league team to first place (and another to last), ran and played on a softball team every year, traveled the world, etc and so on.

Just imagine what I could have done had I not just given up on life... /sarcasm

Don't get me wrong - I am much better off for being (more) fit now, and having shed the weight. And choosing not to date someone for any reason is obviously one's prerogative. But this line of "reasoning" and extrapolation is so f***ing lazy and ignorant, it tends to elicit a response from me.

Carry on.

Oh, and I like women of all shapes and sizes...
  • QuiznatoddBidness
    QuiznatoddBidness Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    re: "Does weight matter?" Not as much as you'd think. Truth in what @coreyreichle said. Also would echo @flinx1241 . . . except the part about short films, I haven't done the writer/director thing. :)
  • ricomincia
    ricomincia Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Yes. However. I enjoy being kinda physical in terms of what interests I have and want to share with a person! So no problems with shape and weight so long as someone is active and healthy enough wouldn't worry me....
  • Kassi_Lynn
    Kassi_Lynn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I know my husband liked me better when I was just kinda thick. He still loves me and calls me beautiful but isn't as attracted to me 50lb heavier. He's honestly super attractive so he could be with whoever he wanted to and he married me even tho I'm obese.g315relvng3l.jpg
    301.JPG 92.9K
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    It matters to me. I don't have the depth to appreciate flab or rolls. I hold myself to a high standard and I am attracted to fit, thin, toned. Basically a woman who you can just look at and know she works out.
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I have always struggled with my self-esteem... and have been on the "heavier" side, so whenever I liked a guy or was interested, it never worked out and I always thought it was because of my weight. Many of the girls they ended up dating were always smaller than me.. and I think I have a decent personality. I wasn't OBESE by any means, but I wasn't skinny. I have been deemed "thick" and so far, I still believe that I am single because of my size. I get excited when I see guys with girls who are curvy.. it gives me hope. But I do also believe there has to be some sort of attraction physically, along with everything else. I wouldn't date a guy that is 350+, but I don't think I would date a guy who is less than 150 or so. Some meat on the bones is not a bad thing! I hope that wouldn't make me shallow, that is just a preference... everyone has theirs. :) Is it true that guys are attracted a lot to confidence too? Because I feel like because I am not "150" or less... that I get overlooked. Who wants to be with the "fat" girl.. right?
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    flinx1241 wrote: »

So completely and totally true! I mean, heck, I was morbidly obese for years. Years in which I bought a house, raised two children, started my own production company, wrote a novel, wrote and directed short films and videos, worked full time to support my family, managed a little league team to first place (and another to last), ran and played on a softball team every year, traveled the world, etc and so on.

Just imagine what I could have done had I not just given up on life... /sarcasm

Don't get me wrong - I am much better off for being (more) fit now, and having shed the weight. And choosing not to date someone for any reason is obviously one's prerogative. But this line of "reasoning" and extrapolation is so f***ing lazy and ignorant, it tends to elicit a response from me.

Carry on.

Oh, and I like women of all shapes and sizes...

You can buy a house, raise two kids, hell, even start a business while essentially giving up on critical things in life. It's not a huge effort to buy a house. And I know lots of really f'n lazy folk who have 5 kids. I know 1 person who is a generally lazy person and has started 1 business per year over the past decade.

Again, lack of discipline in one area of a person's life tends to show a lack of discipline in other areas. Is it 100% accurate all the time? No, it's a generalization meant to rapidly cull the available options down to a set more easily managed, and is generally accurate.
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    LMAO at all these guys responses, it's pathetic. A fat women (grossly overweight) is not desirable at all. Sorry to burst your bubble. Fat people are lazy and have no respect for themselves. How can anybody want that? You can have the best personality ever, if your spilling out of your xxl clothes then your still disgusting. Inb4 backlash because fat people and guys who desperately need women's approval can't handle the truth I speak.
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    paddles34 wrote: »
    I'm shallow; so, yes.
    Nothing shallow about respecting your self and taking pride in your body.