Options
13»

Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    1)What do you do?
    Powerlifting with a bling session, i.e. traps, biceps, shoulders on Thursday.

2) How long do you do it for?
    75 minutes.

3) How many calories does it burn?
    Yes

4) How many days a week?
    4-5. (5th day optional cardio.)

5) What time do you do it?
    430am weekdays x3, 600am on Saturday. Today, was day 1: Squats in the garage gym.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55uCsWtnagU

6) Do you eat back your workout calories?
    Usually if not more.
  • bhanvi
    bhanvi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    bhanvi wrote: »
    Please share details about your workouts.
    1)What do you do?
    3) Hoe many calories does it burn?
    4) How many days a week?
    Thank you and good luck :)

1) I walk, hike, climb stairs, and cycle ... mostly. I also do a few extra things like spending an hour trying out sea kayaking for the first time a couple months ago, and snowshoeing one afternoon about a month ago.

2) Depends. Anywhere from maybe 15 or 20 min to several hours.

3) Walking burns about 200 cal/hour. Cycling burns 100 cal per 5 km. Climbing stairs burns 30 cal for 5 flights.

4) Every day. But not everything every day. One day I might just go for a short walk. Another day I might climb 25 flights of stairs and go for a longer, brisk walk. Another day I might cycle for 3 hours.

5) All day. I walk as part of my commute. I climb a set of 5 flights of stairs when I get up to use the toilet. I go for a walk at lunch. I ride my bicycle inside on the trainer after work or in the afternoon on a weekend. Whenever I can fit it in.

6) About half.

Kayaking for weight loss *_* can I have your life???

• bhanvi
    Options
    I do belong to a gym which is at my local community center. So it's not the kind of gym filled with people who are already fit and trim. I mean, we do have some of those but then it's just a bunch of regular folks -- old, young, men, women. However, the darn place has been closed for THREE WEEKS, first to set up for our county fair, and then to do maintenance and upkeep. It totally makes sense for them to do that right after the fair when they have all the equipment moved out, etc. But still annoying.

So anyway, it's just too dang hot for me to want to do any walking. I have looked at some videos on youtube but sigh... so boring and I hate them. But then it occurred to me, why am I thinking that I have to do those movements along with music and the person who's leading. So now I've been putting on on-demand episodes of various TV shows that I've wanted to watch but just never got around to it. At the moment I'm working my way through a season of Hell's Kitchen. The show is divided up into segments -- first shorter challenge, winning team goes on reward while losing team slaves away back in the kitchen, prep for the main challenge, then the main challenge. With commercial breaks in there. So I start and do some high step type movements until the first challenge is done. Then I move into some fast side-by-side lunge things like they do in aerobics classes. Then I do some sort-of dance hop things. I move my arms up and down also which gets the heart rate going.

By dividing it up according to what part of the show they're on it makes it so much more doable. I'm always pleasantly surprised at how fast the time has gone. I can't actually make it all the way through an entire episode, not yet. But that's my goal.

So that's been my solution while the gym is closed and it's too hot to walk outside. The gym re-opened today though, but I'm thinking I'm going to keep my Hell's Kitchen Workout even when I do go to the gym. It will just be some extra movement.

Posts like these just motivate me to find a way to workout no matter what.I love how you divided your favourite tv shows according to your weight loss segments.Thank you for sharing this wonderful tip.
  • bhanvi
    Options
    1)What do you do? Another Fitness Blender person here. I've invested in some of their calendar programs and am loving it. I completed the 4 week low impact program and in 2 weeks will start the 8 week fat burning program. I do cardio, weights (I have dumbbells), pilates, yoga, walking, kickboxing and whatever else catches my fancy. I also have a good amount of DVD's I've collected including some beachbody programs, Leslie Sansone walking DVDs, various types of yoga. I pop those in sometimes.

2) How long do you do it for? At least 30 minutes 6 days a week, but it varies and sometimes I go for an hour depending on which work out I'm doing.

3) Hoe many calories does it burn? Typically about 200-300 but sometimes as much as 400, that's really rare for me.

4) How many days a week? 6-7 days a week, the seventh day is always recovery and something very light.

5) What time do you do it? Morning but school is starting and I sub, so soon it will be after school on work days.

6) Do you eat back your workout calories? If I'm hungry I do.

Omg!! I am starting the fitness blender today after getting so many comments about them.I will start the way you did with low impact program.Thank you for sharing. :)

• bhanvi
    Options
    1)What do you do?

75 minutes.

Yes

4) How many days a week?

430am weekdays x3, 600am on Saturday. Today, was day 1: Squats in the garage gym.

Usually if not more.

Oh wow!! your in-home gym looks amazing. *_*
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have major osteoarthritis in my knees. I do a water aerobics class M-W-F for 45 minutes. It supposedly burns about 335 calories but I don't eat back my exercise calories. My class is at noon.
  • bhanvi
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    1)What do you do? run, yoga, aerial yoga, walk
    2) How long do you do it for? running 30-60 min, yoga 30min, aerial yoga 30-120min, walking 15-30min
    3) How many calories does it burn? varies
    4) How many days a week? I walk every day. running about every other day, aerial 2 or 3 times a week, regular yoga here and there
    5) What time do you do it? running in the morning, yoga morning. walking morning and afternoon-dog. aerial in the evening
    6) Do you eat back your workout calories? I try to eat half. but I've been hungry lately so closer to 75 percent

That's wonderful.I have always been amused by aerial yoga, it requires a lot of strength and balancing. Goodluck to you :)
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Oh wow!! your in-home gym looks amazing. *_*
    Thanks! I am not even finished with the build yet... still have the platforms to build once I can get my parent's trailer to haul the wood. Took me about a 6 weeks to buy all the components off of various sellers on Craigslist -- except the half rack -- I purchased that from Rouge.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    1)What do you do?
    4) How many days a week?

1) Mon, Wed, Fri I do SL 5X5---Tues, Thurs, Sat I do calisthenics and body weight
    2) SL takes me 30-45 minutes depending on the workout, calisthenics takes me 15 minutes ish
    3) I have no idea
    4) 6
    5) right after work, around 3pm
    6) No

My calorie goal each day is 1710, 35% fats, 25 % carbs, 40% proteins
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    1)What do you do?

75 minutes.

Yes

4) How many days a week?

Usually if not more.

Beast mode! B)

Garage gym of my dreams!
  • bezlooney
    bezlooney Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bezlooney wrote: »
    1)What do you do?
    4) How many days a week?

1. Running on the tredmill, bodyrock workouts, blenderfitness,benderfitness,christin salus hiits.
    2. 400-500 but this depends on your weight, age...
    3. 7 days a week
    4. 5:30am
    5. No

Heyy!! :) I run (actually brisk walk 3.5 mph lol ) on the treadmill too.How long do you run on treadmill for? I don't get past 30 mins lol. I will lookup the benderfitness and christin hiits :) Thank you for sharing.
    I kind of have a routine i set up for myself so the amount of time i run changes. I currently run for 45min (i get in 5 miles) mon and wed. Followed by strength. Tues and thurs. I run 20-30 min followed by a longer strength hiit session. Friday and sunday i do no running but 1 hour circits and hiit with weights. Saturday i run for at least an hour (7-8 miles)
  • dearestkayla
    dearestkayla Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1)What do you do?
    I am fortunate enough to have an elliptical in my home. However, once and a while I just don't feel like getting on that thing. So I would do workout DVDs. I feel like I lose most weight or lose goal weight for the week when I remain active. For example, in addition to working out, I would go for a walk or play some sport.
    40-60 minutes. I try to at least get an hour activity.
    According to my Polar fitness watch, 300-600 calories
    4) How many days a week?
    I "work out" 4 days/week. I try to be active every day.
    I just fit it into my schedule because my work hours vary.
    Not usually. There was awhile there that I would eat them back, and I wasn't losing anything. So it wasn't working for me. Sometimes it is trial and error. You have to figure out what works for you!
  • jessathemessa
    jessathemessa Posts: 65 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I also hate the gym, but I recently started kickboxing classes and I love them. They are an hour long and I go about 3-4 times a week. However, I know not everyone wants to go somewhere or pay for classes. Here's some things I do at home..

1)What do you do? Blogilates (on youtube, LOVE her), Jump rope, jumping jacks, weight lifting, elliptical, walking/jogging
    2) How long do you do it for? Depends, but I try to get in 30-60 mins of exercise at a time
    3) Hoe many calories does it burn? Depends
    4) How many days a week? Most of the at home workouts are for off-days when I'm not kickboxing so I used to do them more. Now I probably do some/most of these things 2-3 days a week
    5) What time do you do it? Evening, after work.
    6) Do you eat back your workout calories? Sometimes, if I am hungry or feel I need the calories for the day. I used to more when I was eating 1200 calories a day but I've since bumped up to about 1500 (usually land at about 1400), and typically I'm not hungry enough to eat the extra calories.