R u loseing wight looking for love.

Options
psucato
psucato Posts: 71 Member
R u losing wight so you have a better change to find real love? Look better for dating pool, get layed etc. Tell your story.

I know that when i was 500lbs i would not even talk to women and now im down 150 i have self confidence and will at least ask someone out. How about u?

Replies

• marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    No, more like for getting some booty. Also if somebody loves someone cause he's now not so big that's probably not love.
  • psucato
    Options
    true but if you dont have the confidence to talk to her how do u know
  • marcelo_templario
    Options
    psucato wrote: »
    true but if you dont have the confidence to talk to her how do u know

Good point, so true, but I think booty is far more important than love.

• psucato
    Options
    true that but try running game at 500lbs all they are think is he rolls over im going to die lol
  • marcelo_templario
    Options
    psucato wrote: »
    true that but try running game at 500lbs all they are think is he rolls over im going to die lol

LOLOLOLOL...ok man...do it for your health and yourself first, as time goes on you'll love it. And you'll find good friends in the way ;), you got good things on your favor.

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    losing 150 pounds has given me a tonne of attention from people wanting my affections

yes

but it was not my reason for weight loss i got laid when i was fat too
  • psucato
    Options
    Love it Let me say first great job and u look great and yes fat people need love to
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Aside from building my own self-esteem and confidence (and ultimately looking after my health), yes I am looking to lose weight to find love.

I get overlooked when I am a bigger size. I don't attract interest when I'm large. It's facts, it's the truth. I'm realistic that I need to be looking after my health and size to be considered for love.
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Not sure what my take on this is, as far as being a guy that's into fitness I think it's actually become harder to find someone.. In some ways!!

I mean, the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and feeling good about my figure FAR outweigh any negatives.. It seems that a lot of people that are out there (especially in the UK - other countries, I have no idea!) seem to think very deeply about getting with somebody that's deeply into fitness. In-fact I've been knocked back so many times and told it's because they enjoy food too much and they think I'll be a killjoy (not in those words!!).

For someone that just wants to loose weight and doesn't spend subordinate amounts of time in the gym however, that probably woudln't be so much of an issue.. I can only speak from my person situation! Everybody's different.. I've given up looking, with the thought train that, if someone comes along then fair play if not.. I'm pretty happy with my lifestyle as it is!

Anyway, the bottom line is.. There is no denying that loosing weight (or ganing it, depending on the goals of whoever's doing it) is a massive confidence booster. Whoever you meet needs to like you for 'you'.

Have an awesome day :D
  • blu_de_ville
    blu_de_ville Posts: 4,296 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    losing 150 pounds has given me a tonne of attention from people wanting my affections
    yes
    but it was not my reason for weight loss i got laid when i was fat too
    Lmfao "I got laid when I was fat" omg Hahahah
    Everyone can get laid and find love being over weight that much is true. I myself used to be a chubby chaser because I thought they had more heart but they are just as mean as a skinny or fit ect dude. Don't really matter.
    As for myself I trying to loose weight to not be the fat one at my up coming family reunion
  • marcelo_templario
    Options
    Actually some guys like overweight...like fabian_chipper for instance.
  • smtaylo85
    smtaylo85 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Negative
  • Magnustkn
    Magnustkn Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose weight cause I would like to see my penis again. I'm tired of relying on mirrors just to look at it.
  • enchantddragonez
    enchantddragonez Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When u loose weight it makes u feel confident that u can do it and confidence is attractive!
  • flrancho
    flrancho Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I did it for my own health and for hopes of finding love. The health aspect has worked out great, as for the love part - I'm still invisible.

About 25 more pounds to loose and I'll still be working on taking the fat off at the gym as I know I'm going to be in the "skinny fat" zone.
  • sarabeth40
    sarabeth40 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's funny, I originally lost about 50 pounds about 3 years ago (and have since gained it all back). Even at a size 4 I thought I was fat and couldn't understand why guys were talking to me all of the sudden. Since gaining weight and learning to love myself at any size, I've found that my relationships are better because I'm not always worried about gaining weight.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    no if you do it for that reason youll be disappointed
  • Feistychick68
    Feistychick68 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Love is elusive whether you be plus size or zero size. True love shouldn't have a size but visual attraction is usually a requirement in the real world. I personally have the attitude if you can't love me at my worst why the hell would I want you at my best. That is a problem for me if I ever lose weight where I fit that perfect small attractive size... I wil think meh this dude wouldn't have looked twice had he saw me at 200 pounds.
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, yes... because the few men that I have been on dates with/interested in/etc... have not worked out and I have always thought it is because I am not "in shape/fit/skinny". I think my personality overpowers everything... but I have to remember that attraction has to be there. Nothing wrong with me, just not someone's cup of tea. But, I do think i'd get more attention if I was more in shape. Plus i'll be more confident in myself.. which in turn will attract the right person.
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    I'm already in a committed relationship and my current S.O. tells me that one of the first things that attracted her to me was that I was very fit for a man pushing 50 and it demonstrated discipline and sacrifice. To be honest, that makes me want to kill it that much more. Also , I do it for health reasons as well.