My first 5K

Options
I ran my first 5K today! I was hoping to do it in under 30 minutes and my time was 28:48!!

I can't believe how much I enjoyed myself. I am already planning another couple of races this summer. I never thought I would be able to do this and feel such a sense of accomplishment. Yay!

4431657.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Wow - that's an incredible time - my aim for my next one is under 30 minutes. Well done you x
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    Congratulations! Under 30 minutes is awesome! You should try doing a 10K sometime in the near future.
  • TalieMomTo2
    TalieMomTo2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is fantastic!!! I also did my first 5K this weekend (what an amazing atmosphere)....i aim to be under 30 mins next time!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • SunshineShandra
    Options
    Me too! only a 12 minute mile but great for moi. :smile:
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It's so great to hear everyones stories of their first races. Congratulations to all! Keep up the good work and heres to more 5k's, 10k"s and beyond!!

4431657.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    30 pounds down and less than 30 minutes for a 5K....what a fantastic combination!!!! So glad you did well and had fun!
  • mhaskin
    mhaskin Posts: 2
    Options
    I ran my first 5Km this weekend as well. It was an incredible experience and I ran a personal best. I was quite happy with myself. Good for you! We should all be proud just for making the life change and finishing the race! Way to go everyone!
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic! Thats my goal, too but Ive got a way to go...my PB right now is 34:36! You are awesome!
  • amrichard13
    amrichard13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good job! I ran my first one in 30:12 last year with no training just to see what the 5k thing was all about. Very cool experience. Awesome to see a large group of people so interested in their health.

This spring I have been training pretty hard. I am following halhigdon.com Advanced 5k training regimen. My goal was at the end of it to run in under 24 minutes. However, the training program has a practice 5k scheduled in which I did in week 3 of 8 and I ran 23:40. Now I don't know what goal I am looking to achieve when I run my real race. Sub 20 minutes would be amazing but hopefully 22 is reasonable and possible.

BTW, I highly recommend Hal Higdon's training programs. My overall fitness and running ability has increased dramatically. I am amazed how fast I can now run gracefully and with little effort.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!