When you don't want to cook......what do you have to eat?

Options
Would be interested to see the various responses.

Replies

• The_Weaze
    The_Weaze Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Last night I just grabbed some pepperoni slices, a cheese stick, Goldfish crackers and a peach....didn't feel like cooking a meal.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Tuna sammiches. Greek yogurt with fruit. Chips and salsa.
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    That means it's either pizza night or what can you find in the fridge night. Sometimes, I just make everyone a sandwich and put out some cut up veggies (every Sunday I grocery shop and cut up all the veggies for snacks through the week).
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    lean cruisine meal and vegetables. tuna or egg sandwich
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Cheese, olives, summer sausage, fruit, cottage cheese, protein bar, protein shake, sugar-free popsicle, cold chicken I've precooked for snacking on, nuts, celery and peanut butter, pork rinds, dark chocolate
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Cereal, salad, a frozen dinner, leftovers, or frozen soup. I usually have to freeze some of my leftover vegetable or cauliflower & potato soup, and I don't really need to defrost it first. Cheese and triscuits and an apple.

There's also a yummy ramen bar a few minutes from home . . . spicy miso? Even if I do want to cook, sometimes that wins!
  • marsinah1
    marsinah1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    A couple small tortillas filled with grated cheese and tomatillo sauce, or yogurt and fruit, or making a sandwich with turkey pepperoni.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Aldi caesar salad kit - $1.99 a bag and it is soooooooo good. (I like to throw some seared shrimp on top, but that requires some minimal cooking.)
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Meat slices (salami, prosciutto, ham) with Mini Laughing Cow Cravings cubes and a slice of linseed bread, although I very often can't cook so I've got a lot of homemade meals in the freezer that I just have to reheat.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a can tuna mix with 2 oz of hummus and 2 slice of bread. Simple as that
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I've usually got portions of various stews, chillis, etc in the freezer for such occasions.

Cheese, baked beans, toast and canned tuna are also always in stock.
  • Suzley
    Suzley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    A big salad with whatever in the fridge with either tuna or avocado OR a WW ready meal OR 3 egg omelette with spinach or mushroom........
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I don't have this 'not wanting to cook' problem...I enjoy it :smiley: plus I know then whats IN the food :smile:
  • kellellie
    kellellie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I keep jasmine rice and cooked chicken quarters in the fridge at all times. I can usually half-cook something decent using them, or just shred up some chicken in a corn tortilla with some salsa verde.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    No cooking means I am having a large salad with 2 oz tuna, cucumbers, blueberries, strawberries, onion, jalapeno and tomatoes. I put hot pepper flakes on and top it off with a raspberry vinaigrette.
  • mk732
    mk732 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ready-made meals from the grocery store, salads, soups and chilies that I've stored in the freezer for such times, sandwiches, or take-out/delivery from a restaurant.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    We often just go out to eat in those situations. Or my husband and daughter order pizza and I get something from Cracker Barrel (the only non-fast food restaurant in my town.) If I'm really feeling lazy I'll have yogurt or cottage cheese plus some fruit and a granola bar.
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Poached or scrambled eggs are the quickest and easiest cooked 'fast food', IMO! I put one or two on toasted wholemeal bread, and I'll perhaps open a tin of peeled plum tomatoes and use half a tin. Hummus, celery, tomatoes and rye crispbreads for when I don't even want to cook!

For evening meals, when I want more to eat, it'll be something simple like a salad with tuna, ham or cheese. For the 'hang everything' nights, when I can't even muster up the motivation to chop a salad, I'll stick a frozen breaded cod and some frozen chips in to cook for 20-25mins, and nuke a handful of frozen peas to go with it! That's my 'emergency' freezer supply for a quick supper! However, I also have some frozen portions of homemade curry and chilli, but they have to defrost first - I don't like cooking them from frozen. I much prefer to defrost slowly, then reheat, so need a tiny bit of pre-planning.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    cereal and milk or leftovers of any kind, also love making smoothies
  • rachelbouc
    rachelbouc Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Leftovers are always great. For instance I had leftover chicken from one night and leftover baguette from another night. There was pesto in the fridge so I made a chicken pesto sandwich. Yum! Or sometimes I like cheese, crackers, maybe some salami. Make some hardboiled eggs too! Add some fruit and veggies and tada!