Options
    More Carbs + less protein , lost 80 lbs so far

Different approach, same result.

Good for us ;)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Options
    If you are going to cut carbs (which it's impossible to cut all carbs because veggies, fruits, dairy, etc.. all have carbs) you will need to increase fats. Fats and carbs are a source of glucose, which is what your body runs on. So if you do a low carb diet, you will need to make sure that fats are really high, carbs low and moderate protein.

And bare in mind, that there are benefits of cutting carbs or moderating carbs, it is not a requirement for weight loss, unless you have a medical condition like PCOS or are insulin resistant.

Also, when you cut carbs, the few weeks will be large losses due to glycogen depletion (and subsequent water weight loss) but after a few weeks, fat loss will be the typical 1-2 lbs depending on how aggressive your weight loss goal is.
  • alishajnorton
    alishajnorton Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I done a diet calledthe 123 diet 2 months ago and gave my body a rest back on it now with slight adjustments as im going to cal count, but basically detoxing my body then eat meat, fish, egg an salad lost 2st in 2 months but wouldnt recoment to do it for a long period :)
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I done a diet calledthe 123 diet 2 months ago and gave my body a rest back on it now with slight adjustments as im going to cal count, but basically detoxing my body then eat meat, fish, egg an salad lost 2st in 2 months but wouldnt recoment to do it for a long period :)

The thing is, your body doesn't need detoxing. One of the roles of your kidneys and liver are to do just that. And detoxes and cleanses are just the fitness industry playing on people ignorance.

This has a lot of resources regarding detoxes.
  • alishajnorton
    Options
    Everyone has different ways of dieting (Y)
  • psuLemon
    Options

Of course everyone has a different way of dieting, but that doesn't mean that science isn't true. But regardless of they diet you follow, there are basics you need to follow to ensure good health.

Is the 123diet the new HCG diet? How many calories are you eating?
  • alishajnorton
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Its not based on calories so i wouldnt know, but the diet works for me :) since being off the diet for a few weeks and eating carbs ive had nothing but tummache from eating carbs!
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Just a quick question: Do you mean carbs or do you just mean grains (bread, pasta, rice etc.)?

There will be carbs in your salad... I don't eat grains very much and getting a tummy ache when i eat them in any quantity too. I have salad every day and those carbs definetly count towards carb totals for the day.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Oh goodie. Another starvation diet that advocates zero exercise.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options

Whether you lose weight or not depends on calories and being at deficit. Certain ways of dieting would be considered safe and sustainable with a greater chance of success. You are going to find it very hard to eat no carbs at all. Enjoy your diet. maybe read up on weight loss a bit more so you know how it works.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    If this was the Terri Ann 123 diet plan, it was made up diet by a yo-yo dieter with no nutritional background. Low calorie, low carb and low fibre.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

it all boils down to CICO.

I eat 35% carbs and have lost 11 pounds on my most recent cut.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    karyabc wrote: »
    More Carbs + less protein , lost 80 lbs so far

Different approach, same result.

Good for us ;)

^This...........great job! (BTW)

Eating food I enjoy.......losing weight.

This is a lifestyle change for me........I need to figure out some permanent changes so I don't gain the weight back. Losing the weight is only the FIRST step.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

But skinny-fat looks soooo good on the scale.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Its not based on calories so i wouldnt know, but the diet works for me :) since being off the diet for a few weeks and eating carbs ive had nothing but tummache from eating carbs!

Comes on a calorie counting website, doesn't use CICO. Strong post.
  • patrick_yeo69
    patrick_yeo69 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Usually when I am thirsty I drink coke Pepsi and other sugary drinks. Since one months ago I cut all out by drink ice water with a slice of lemon and coffee no sugar with 3 tbsp of low fat milk and green tea. I lost almost 2.5kg within a month. So stay away from sugar if you want to reduce weight.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Usually when I am thirsty I drink coke Pepsi and other sugary drinks. Since one months ago I cut all out by drink ice water with a slice of lemon and coffee no sugar with 3 tbsp of low fat milk and green tea. I lost almost 2.5kg within a month. So stay away from sugar if you want to reduce weight.

Reducing sugar didn't reduce your weight. When you cut out those drinks, you cut out calories and created a deficit.
  • phillipdean299
    phillipdean299 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'll just stick with a clean healthy diet where I control my calories and macros properly along with exercise. I'm not into fad or starvation diets.
  • phillipdean299
    phillipdean299 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

Yea, we need more of these "diets" to mislead people.

• gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    This sounds awful.

I eat low carb, high fat, moderate protein.

Aside from medical reasons, you don't NEED to eat low carb. I do it because I have diabetes. My liver has been acting up so I'm also abstaining from alcohol per doctor's recommendation. If I didn't have to for my health, I would totally eat more pasta and bread.

You need to find something you will be able to sustain over the long haul.

And yes, carb-laden meals do make my stomach hurt now. Last night I had two slices of pizza and my stomach hurt for about two hours. I forgot how very filling carb-laden meals can be and I guess perhaps I'm not used to it anymore. That being said, there is nothing wrong with carbs. Our body needs them. My body needs some level of carbohydrate even as a diabetic.

People going on these "fad" diets annoy people like me (and other low-carbers) who do this in a very balanced way.