one treat a day ok?

Options
13»

Replies

• sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    nicnocz82 wrote: »
    Ok, thankyou so much for speedy responses. I always feel like ive failed if i eat something naughty! Need to reset my thinking.

Sasha 65lbs down! Wowza!!! Well done to you.
    Thank you!!
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I keep fun sized candy bars in the house. Most days one is enough to satisfy my sweet tooth and make me feel like I'm not deprived. Some days its a handful and I walk a little further a little faster when I am walking the dogs. Its all about balance I've learned.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Definitely fine! I usually have one treat a day... or a save up all my, "daily treats," and have a HUGE treat on the weekend. (Like a bottle of wine)
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Everything I eat is a treat! I try to only eat foods that I enjoy
  • nicnocz82
    nicnocz82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No! No treats! You can only lose weight if you eat nothing but vegetables (steamed with no seasoning of any kind). You must not enjoy food EVER!!

^^That's a joke.

Seriously, eat what you like as long as it fits into your goal. I love food and it would make my life less enjoyable if I couldn't fit in my favorites.
    That made me laugh so much! :D
  • nicnocz82
    Options
    Yes. You'll be fine.

I have a daily treat, sometimes more than one :) it helps keep my sanity.

Yep, same as this^^.
    Btw OP, didn't realise Caramacs were still being sold!
    They were one of my favs when i was a kid. :)
    Lol caramacs are great. They do them in button form now too!
  • nicnocz82
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    i Have an incredibly sweet tooth. If i stay within my calorie allowance will having 1 caramac and 1 mint options at night hurt my weightloss? Does anyone else have a daily treat? Does it help. You stay on the wagon?

How many calories do you get per day and how many calories are in the caramac and mint?

1390 is the allowance mfp has set me. Caramac is 173cals and options drink is 38cals.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    msf74 wrote: »
    If i stay within my calorie allowance will having 1 caramac and 1 mint options at night hurt my weightloss?

No, it won't hurt it.

A common suggestion is to reserve 10-20% of your intake for a "treats" which you can choose to use or replace with "non treat" food as you feel.

The 10-20% probably comes from a recommendation from the Choosemyplate program of no more than 10-15% daily calories from empty calories to maintain health. I would suggest as one restricts calories more, the % from empty calories should be closer to the 10% to ensure you get your marcos/micros

http://www.choosemyplate.gov/sites/default/files/printablematerials/mini_poster.pdf

Agreed. Good point.