Foods to avoid

Options
Hi all!

Any foods that you really tried to avoid for weight loss? Or any nutrition tips anyone could give me would be great!

Thanks!

Replies

• Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    anything that you think is not worth the calories.

For me sweets and fried food not really worth it as i cant eat much

but there is nothing you HAVE to avoid. its all just calories. some are just more nutrient dense than others

Put it this way. you don't have to live of chicken and broccoli.

I eat everything and i eat over 30 different meals a week with foods from all over the world

ITS ALL GOOD!!!
  • apittsle
    apittsle Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sydking wrote: »

but there is nothing you HAVE to avoid. its all just calories. some are just more nutrient dense than others

I eat everything and i eat over 30 different meals a week with foods from all over the world

ITS ALL GOOD!!!

Thanks! I just sometimes have a hard time since I still live at home and have to cook meals that my family will like as well. And they're meat and potatoes kind of people lol.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Unless you have an allergy/sensitivity or a food you really dislike, there's no need to avoid any foods.

I personally don't eat cauliflower, beets, liver, seafood, melons or peanuts. But that's all personal preference.
  • AlexisUPenn
    AlexisUPenn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I stay away from processed foods. Cook everything myself.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I avoid gluten. I have celiac disease. I avoid meat. I'm a vegetarian. I avoid beets. I loathe them.

Other than that? I make room for the calories in a portion that fits within my day. I've been banking calories this week for a piece of key lime cheesecake for my birthday coming up.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Sauerkraut. Zod, that stuff is awful.
  • half12345
    half12345 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid fried food. I just feel sick after I eat fried stuff. I also keep "junk" food out of my pantry. Chips, crackers and that sort of thing. If it's not around, I won't eat it and those calories add up during my day.
  • apittsle
    apittsle Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Only one…Key lime pie. Would smash a whole pie easily.
    Other than ^^^, nope, everything in moderation as long as it fits within my calories goals and I have hit my macro/micros for the day.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I avoid buying cookies & potato chips, because they're empty calories and I know that if they're in the house I will eat them.
    All. Within a couple days.

But there's really nothing you have to give up.
    In fact, if you deprive yourself of things you like, you won't carry through with losing weight.
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Sugar or anything containing sugar
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I avoid things that aren't worth the calories, or thast I know will make me feel bad. I love jelly type candy, but it does not love me. I'll kill my calorie allowance with it, and then feel sick as a reward.

I also avoid crappy substitutes for the real thing, because I find that while they may be lower cal (I'm looking at you, sugar-free maple syrup), they aren't at all satisfying. I'm better off to work the real thing into my day and not end up disappointed.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    In my case to manage my pain I stay away from sugars and grains.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    apittsle wrote: »

ITS ALL GOOD!!!

Thanks! I just sometimes have a hard time since I still live at home and have to cook meals that my family will like as well. And they're meat and potatoes kind of people lol.

Meat and potatoes are great. Just make sure you include lots of vegetables too.

I agree with the prior poster, though -- the only thing to avoid are what's not worth the calories.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    coco_bee wrote: »

Yeah, carrots are awful for you.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    apittsle wrote: »

ITS ALL GOOD!!!

And you can eat what they eat, just manage your portions to fit into your calorie goals.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I eat literally everything I ate before just less. Very meat and potatoes!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    coco_bee wrote: »

giphy.gif

• M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I always avoid all food past its expiration date