Any foods you've sworn off for life?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Fried foods, ice cream other than Arctic Zero, non-diet drinks, dairy milk, full-fat salad dressing/yogurt, cheese, cake, cheesecake, doughnuts, whole Oreos, packaged cookies in general, non-diet bread, pasta, full-sugar jams and jellies, peanut butter...

Anything that used to be binge food.

You plan on spending the rest of your life eating Arctic zero, no peanut butter or delicious desserts ever again??? That's depressing
  • mejod6
    mejod6 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've sworn off all major fast food chains especially McDonald's. I haven't had it in almost 5 years now and I feel sick to my stomach whenever I drive past it or smell it.
    Never Again!
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    mejod6 wrote: »
    I've sworn off all major fast food chains especially McDonald's. I haven't had it in almost 5 years now and I feel sick to my stomach whenever I drive past it or smell it.
    Never Again!

I've not consciously sworn off them but know exactly how you feel about the smell. Awful.

I still like a good burger and chips/fries but would rather pay for the gourmet burgers from a local establishment and keep it as an occasional treat.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Nope...
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I some times swear off some things. One year it was burgers. Then an other year it was fries. I ate them for a New Years treat. I am at goal so I eat things like this every few weeks now. So it doesn't effect my weight. I think ice cream is more out of my diet than any thing else. There are few things I don't like. Papaya is the main thing that is icky to me. Stay off things that are bad for you makes you totally enjoy them more when you have them.
  • lalahos
    lalahos Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Chinese food. There's just no way around the sodium and I have a vertigo disorder that means I really have to limit sodium. Plus it's generally terrible for you.
  • J72FIT
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Fried foods, ice cream other than Arctic Zero, non-diet drinks, dairy milk, full-fat salad dressing/yogurt, cheese, cake, cheesecake, doughnuts, whole Oreos, packaged cookies in general, non-diet bread, pasta, full-sugar jams and jellies, peanut butter...

Anything that used to be binge food.

You plan on spending the rest of your life eating Arctic zero, no peanut butter or delicious desserts ever again??? That's depressing

IMO, I would address the root cause or causes of the binging rather then eliminate the food. 19 years old is too young to eliminate different types of food for life...
  • mejod6
    mejod6 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Spike_G wrote: »
    mejod6 wrote: »
    Never Again!

I've not consciously sworn off them but know exactly how you feel about the smell. Awful.

I still like a good burger and chips/fries but would rather pay for the gourmet burgers from a local establishment and keep it as an occasional treat.

Yeah exactly! There's nothing I love more than a fat juicy burger, the real stuff! Not that artificial poison.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    mustard.......I am pretty sure hell is just a pool of mustard.
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Tequila. Multiple times.

Ditto.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Soda, McDonalds and most fast food places (only because I don't like it, stay away ppl), and thickeners. They KILL my stomach.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    mustard.......I am pretty sure hell is just a pool of mustard.
    When I was a kid, my family insisted I didn't like mustard because my friend said he didn't. I'm 23 right now and still cannot stand the taste of the stuff... unless it's honey mustard of course. :p
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Sigh.

New one - Butterscotch Krimpets. Had one yesterday and they must have changed the recipe. Tasted funny - not stale or anything, but a kind of 'off' taste. Maybe they changed preservatives. Either way, it's ruined a childhood treat.
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    peter56765 wrote: »
    Fizzy Lifting Drinks: The one time I tried some (my grandpa swiped it), it gave me the most awful gas. And unfortunately, I got really high on that stuff and preceded to bump into things left and right. Got caught and was royally chewed out. Came close to losing my inheritance over the whole incident.

But, what if it's snozzberry-flavored?
  • KatrineJensen
    KatrineJensen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Meat. Also most dairy, because I found out I was lactose intolerant. I still eat dairy in small amounts occasionally though.
    I also never drink soda, because I hate fizzy drinks. I rarely - if ever - drink alcohol. It's not worth the calories or the hangover, and I honestly never felt like I had more fun drunk than sober.
  • J72FIT
    Options
    Meat. Also most dairy, because I found out I was lactose intolerant. I still eat dairy in small amounts occasionally though.
    I also never drink soda, because I hate fizzy drinks. I rarely - if ever - drink alcohol. It's not worth the calories or the hangover, and I honestly never felt like I had more fun drunk than sober.
    Why do you have to get drunk to the point of a hangover? For that matter, why do you have to get drunk?

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Soda, all kinds. Fast foods. Meringue, especially the version of meringue that's baked to rock-like hardness - to me it has always tasted awful. Anything with trans fat or canola oil in it. Oysters. Anything with unfermented soy in it. Anything that is low fat or no fat. Sushi (with the exception of California rolls, and yes I know a California Roll is not "real" sushi). The first time I tried Sushi I ate two pieces. The first one went down ok. While trying to eat the second piece the fishy smell of the raw Sushi got to me. I choked on it and managed to get that piece down too BUT it was all I could do not to throw up at that point. The urge to urp stayed with me for several hours afterward and I couldn't force myself to try Sushi again. Sugar but I do use sugar substitutes so I get my sweets in regularly. Fruits which are very high in carbs and sugar but I do eat a lot of different kinds of berries. Orange juice. Liver and Kidney. Ugh to both! Sauerkraut. Foods that are high in carbs. Most grains. Something that I'll never give up: CAFFEINE!! Lol
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Why do you have to get drunk to the point of a hangover? For that matter, why do you have to get drunk?
    Absolutely. I thoroughly enjoy a good beer or wine but I've not been drunk in over 20 years.