"That's what you get for living there"

Options

Replies

• flinx1241
    flinx1241 Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Austria. No tornadoes. No hurricanes. No earthquakes. Heck, even the thunderstorms are pretty weak. So, pretty much just nazis...
  • SurelyShannon
    SurelyShannon Posts: 168 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    SW Ontario, Tornados horrible snow storms and horrendous fog that caused an 87 car pileup back in 1999... But you know, I get my feelings checked for free. Thank You OHIP
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Alabama...
    Tornadoes.
    2011, 2013 and 2014 were horrible.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Northern California...so...wildfires and earthquakes. Used to have to worry a bit about snow but it seems doubtful that will ever be a concern again.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    flinx1241 wrote: »
    Austria. No tornadoes. No hurricanes. No earthquakes. Heck, even the thunderstorms are pretty weak. So, pretty much just nazis...

What about biting, stinging things? Like jellyfish, vipers, spiders. You know. Scary stuff.

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    flinx1241 wrote: »

What about biting, stinging things? Like jellyfish, vipers, spiders. You know. Scary stuff.

117177-dumb-and-dumber-good-day-mate-UBDe.gif
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Pnw. Massive earthquake that's supposed to take everything west of i5 under.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Does road construction count? Because half of the highways in the cities look like they were hit by an earthquake
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    coolraul07 wrote: »
    Central Virginia (USA) here. Main one is severe thunderstorm and the like. Ice storms in the winter used to be more common than recent years. The few tornadoes we get tend to be weak F0; way more damage is done by straight lines winds or downbursts.
    In 2011 there was a 5.8 earthquake about 30-40 miles NW of here. Weaker than many Cali quakes, but East Coast quakes are stronger further away because of more granite/bedrock vs. softer/sandy. That's why Washington Monument was damaged a 100 miles away.

Hey! I'm in North Chesterfield VA too. Severe storms, ice storms, the occasional hurricane that wants to move inland and nor'easters. Grew up at the outer banks of NC though so we had hurricane issues every year or two.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    North Central Texas: we get severe thunderstorms with hail, straight line winds, and the occasional tornado. Drought and fire weather in the summer... Ice storms that shut the region down for 3 days every other year or so. Perhaps the occasional earth quake, but those aren't too damaging yet.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    k8blujay2 wrote: »
    North Central Texas: we get severe thunderstorms with hail, straight line winds, and the occasional tornado. Drought and fire weather in the summer... Ice storms that shut the region down for 3 days every other year or so. Perhaps the occasional earth quake, but those aren't too damaging yet.

Oh yeah the occasional straight line winds. They sure can wreak havoc.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Ontario

we get severe snow storms & once in a while tornadoes , we get the typical severe thunderstorms too
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Florida...so we've got hurricanes. Although the last hurricane to make a direct hit on St. Augustine was Dora in 1964. So you might say we are due for a big storm. Currently in the "cone of uncertainty" for Erika. We shall see.

I suppose if I had to choose my natural disaster, hurricane would be my pick, as there is plenty of advance warning.
  • kccurtis2
    kccurtis2 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    So Cal: Earthquakes, and random bullets.

Sounds about right... Throw in a few scattered fires.
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Nashville, Tennessee - dunno if "*kitten* driver epidemic" qualifies as a natural disaster, but it seems like the most prevalent irritant.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Vancouver BC. Currently building my bunker in anticipation of "the big one". Kidding. Sort of.
    Oh, and not to mention the current drought and forest fire situation over here.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Alberta, Canada. Tornadoes and wildfires in the summer, hypothermia in the winter. Traffic accident any time.
    Yup. I was just in Drumheller camping when one of those nasty storms came knocking during the night. We ran like terrified idiots from our tent to our car when the crazy wind picked up. All I could imagine was the Wizard of Oz. In the morning our tent was ankle deep in water. Isn't the saying "if you don't like the weather in Alberta, wait 5 minutes"?

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Rottified wrote: »
    Pnw. Massive earthquake that's supposed to take everything west of i5 under.
    At least I wont have to drive so far to get to the ocean.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Not too much in my Northern CA town, except this ongoing drought! A low-level tornado now and then, very minor earthquakes once in a while (can barely feel them). One bad thing is during fire season (like right now) smoke from wildfires hundreds of miles outside of town tends to settle in the valley where I live. It's been pretty bad this year. CA is a tinderbox right now. Come on El Nino!