ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    millett

Our ancestors cereal
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Probably something with oatmeal! Or just plain oatmeal.
  • rachellcs12
    rachellcs12 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Kashi go lean!
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I only buy Nature's Path or Old fashioned oats.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I like fiber one original. 60 cals for 30g, and gives you nearly a full day's fiber.
  • pinkys008
    pinkys008 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I go with the Special K protein cereals. There's a few flavors for variety. I tried switching out this week for some multigrain cheerios, and was hungry every day. I think it was because of the difference in protein.

Whatever cereal you decide, be sure to measure the cereal, and the milk, and log them both accurately. A "real serving" of the cereal is always smaller than I think it should be. My preference is to go for 1 cup of cereal and 1 cup of milk.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I like rolled oats "cooked" in yogurt for an hour and topped with fruit.

One way to avoid hoaxes is to pass on anything with nutritional claims on the box as this will likely be marketing hype.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

One way to avoid hoaxes is to pass on anything with nutritional claims on the box as this will likely be marketing hype.

It is so sad that this is true, lol! When I see stuff on labels touting the health benefits, my immediate reaction is that the food probably isn't very healthy.

Stuff that is healthy doesn't usually have labels screaming it, lol.

Usually, the more stuff saying it's good for you, the less it will be!

Most of my food is transferred to airtight containers, so I couldn't check some, but the wheat germ is kept in it's glass in the freezer and has only one printed line about being a good source of vitamins, not even in special colors or on bar. No diagonal printing or exclamation marks or anything.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    food-label-claims-cover-dark-bkg.jpg
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    sugar_23.jpg
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean or Fiber One Original.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Bob's Red Mill Muesli
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    0114-red-river-02.jpg
    150 calories, 2.5 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 28 g carbs (6 g fibre, 0 g sugars), 6 g protein per ¼ cup.
    A unique feature of red river cereal is that it swells to four times it's bulk in water.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    my husband likes alf's natural nutrition puffed wheat and puffed rice cereals. Its 70 cals per cup, and only has whole grain as the ingredient. Available at walmart for 1.00 a bag.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I like porridge. Oatmeal, semolina, polenta, or millet. Cooked in water/milk, served with butter.