First Milestone (with pictures)

Options
I joined MFP in January 2013, lost about 8lbs at the time, but only kept it up for a few months, and gained all the weight back. I've been 190-210lbs for many years now.

With my 30th birthday looming, I decided that was IT, I wasn't going to go through my 30s feeling like crap.

I joined the gym by my house (Anytime Fitness,) found my MFP account and started logging everything I ate. The first few days it felt like I was eating so little, I was just surprised at how little 1200 calories can be. I set my goal at an aggressive 2lbs/week loss. Wanting to eat another 300 calories really motivated me to get out and exercise. I had been pretty sedentary, so I was just walking. Using Map My Walk, the first few days I walked 2-3km, but pretty quickly I was getting 5-6km/day with a morning, and/or evening walk.
I got a Fitbit (a Charge HR) in late July and have found all of the data very motivating! After a week or so, I upped the standard 10k step goal to 12k, I don't always make it, but I often do!
I also started personal training 2x/week 3 weeks ago, which is all strength and circuit training.

My mini-milestone is that the scale was 189.9 this morning! I was so happy to not be in the 90s (I know, it's barely, but it's there!)

Time for stats:

5'8"
SW: 203 (July 5)
CW:189.9 (August 27)

Down 13lbs (so far) in 7.5 weeks

A friend took a picture of me with her dog, very similar picture to one she took in April, which I just checked side-by-side today.
The first picture is from April 4, 2015, the second was taken August 22, 2015

9gr2uvb9gcp2.jpg

I'd only recently gotten over 200 again (was once a few years ago) I finally feel like I look like myself in pictures again. Excited to continue, and look like a whole new me!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!