Things I do to annoy my spouse

Options

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I nearly refuse to choose what we eat because she is the picky eater, I am not. From past experiences I know that if I suggest something, she will not want it. Should I actually choose something, she almost tries to make me feel guilty because she "forced" it down because it's what I wanted.

I grew up in a house that was never cleaned, whereas she did. Thus it doesn't bother me when dishes haven't been done, bathroom cleaned, etc.

I'm not a morning person, she is. I'm also a very sound sleeper, so I never hear the alarm and she has to wake me up. I then truly drive her nuts when I'll just lay there for a good 5-10 minutes.

My wife uses a screen reader on her laptop, which I'll turn off when I use it. Sometimes I forget to turn it back on, or even worse, I'll mute the computer and then she doesn't know what it's doing.
  • OctaviaZuniga
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that when Jan rolls over in the night and looks at me, her heart fills with joy, her body flushes with excitement and she silently ruminates on the fortune that she had when she met me.

keep telling yourdel that lol
  • OctaviaZuniga
    Options
    i dont do it on purpose but i fall asleep whenever we drive farther than 10 minutes from home, plus i fall asleep on the couch lol he hates that i am tired all the time but hey what can i do i have a job and when i am home i take care of the kids while he is out side tinkering with whatever it is that men do outside lol i am 100% sure there are a million things more
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    When he asks where to find something and I tell him. Then he doesn't see it so I come in there and go to right where I said it was and hand it too him. He looks with his mouth what can I say.....
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Apparently when I breathe.

But what he really hates...which means I totally do all the time on purpose.
    1. "Lose" His lighters.
    2. Leave cabinet doors open.
    3. Intentionally untuck the sheets before I get in bed.

Other than that....Everything I do bothers my spouse.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    get my son to gang up on her when she flips out about insignifcant crap.................lol.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that when Jan rolls over in the night and looks at me, her heart fills with joy, her body flushes with excitement and she silently ruminates on the fortune that she had when she met me.

Of course she does! :laugh:

I intentionally walk in front of the tv when he is playing Madden. I turn on Anthony Bourdain when I know he hates him.

Hates Anthony Bourdain?? That's not right. I love his show.

Right? I think he hates him just because I am in love.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I like to warm my cold hands and feet on him. :devil: It's not MY fault he has the body temperature of a blast furnace.

^^^this :smokin:

And ice cube trays... I have never ONCE actually filled one. I'll either leave them empty in the freezer or throw them in the sink.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    get my son to gang up on her when she flips out about insignifcant crap.................lol.

My ex-husband did that. I took things seriously because he didn't take them seriously ENOUGH, and he'd react by putting his teenage son on a pedestal and the two of them would gang up on me.

Just ONE of the reasons why he is an ex. :explode:
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Our towel rack is at the other end of the bathroom as our shower. With tile floors, it pisses her off that I get out dripping wet to get it and water gets on the floor making it crazy slippery. So I end up bugging her nearly every morning for my towel because apparently I'm not capable of remembering to get it myself :)

You're just hoping for some action once she sees you naked... here's a hint: if you get it yourself, it may make her want you more..
    As for that breathing .....in and..... out??? OVER and OVER...??? Well, that's a different story.. :bigsmile:
    oh yeah... love ya... :wink:

Joyce,
    I know there will be no action coming to me. That big ol' boat of hope has shipped and sailed away. I just want my ****ing towel.
    That is just sad! You're too young to see that big ol' boat of hope sailing away!
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    apparently I am incapeable of doing much right....

but it especially bugs him that my feet have to be outside the covers at night... meaning my side of the bed is Always untucked at the bottom... he hates that for some reason.

I am sure there are hundreds of other things. but that's all I can think of ;)

DUH *head smack* I think his Biggest annoyance at the moment is MFP!!!!
    LMAO, he Hates that I am on this site All the Damn time lol

...gonna have to get over that one
    ;)
  • carriep2010
    carriep2010 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i dont do it on purpose but i fall asleep whenever we drive farther than 10 minutes from home, plus i fall asleep on the couch lol he hates that i am tired all the time but hey what can i do i have a job and when i am home i take care of the kids while he is out side tinkering with whatever it is that men do outside lol i am 100% sure there are a million things more

I am the same way, falling asleep in the car.
    My husband hates that I take a nap on the couch, then I stay up to late and he hates that too!!
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Exsisting.....

ummm

Taking to long to get ready when he is ready to go....it drives him mad....

But really he hates most things I do LOL
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Everything. :]
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I allow my inner child to rule me way too much. We just had this discussion with our kids the other day, and they informed him he doesn't even have an inner child. He agreed. So anything fun - camping, hiking, swimming, pranks, staying up late to watch movies - all my ideas and he endures them.
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    but it especially bugs him that my feet have to be outside the covers at night... meaning my side of the bed is Always untucked at the bottom... he hates that for some reason.

I do the same, our bed sure would look funny if we were together.
  • ginagn73
    ginagn73 Posts: 89
    Options
    The flipside of the other thread.

Ever since we got dark counter tops, I dont' see crumbs as much. I SUCK at remembering to wipe them down when I clean the kitchen.

I can't sleep with any light in the room. I will literally block a clock with a pillow just because of the light it gives off

When chicken wings are at the table, I leave her very few because I can devour chicken wings like no other.
    Your actually trying to annoy her???!!!LOL!!!I have to agree with some of the others...I just wake up..doesn't matter what i do its always wrong!!!!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    The flipside of the other thread.

Ever since we got dark counter tops, I dont' see crumbs as much. I SUCK at remembering to wipe them down when I clean the kitchen.

I can't sleep with any light in the room. I will literally block a clock with a pillow just because of the light it gives off

When chicken wings are at the table, I leave her very few because I can devour chicken wings like no other.
    Your actually trying to annoy her???!!!LOL!!!I have to agree with some of the others...I just wake up..doesn't matter what i do its always wrong!!!!

Wha? I don't try. It just happens organically.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I'm pretty happy that I'm single and can do things however I want.

In my last relationship the thing that drove him completely nuts was that when I did laundry I would fold all the clean laundry and then leave it on top of the dryer. And he did most of the cooking and when he told me it was my night to cook I'd always end up coming home with a frozen pizza and insist that because I was the one to put it in the oven that I cooked ;-)
  • ginagn73
    ginagn73 Posts: 89
    Options
    Our towel rack is at the other end of the bathroom as our shower. With tile floors, it pisses her off that I get out dripping wet to get it and water gets on the floor making it crazy slippery. So I end up bugging her nearly every morning for my towel because apparently I'm not capable of remembering to get it myself :)

You're just hoping for some action once she sees you naked... here's a hint: if you get it yourself, it may make her want you more..
    As for that breathing .....in and..... out??? OVER and OVER...??? Well, that's a different story.. :bigsmile:

Joyce,
    I know there will be no action coming to me. That big ol' boat of hope has shipped and sailed away. I just want my ****ing towel.
    Does jsrodgers have some marital issues!!??LOL!!!Oh ya dont we all..at least most of us are in the same boat. Nothing beats marriage.wink: