Water Enhancers

Options
I haven't heard much either way, but just wondering if Mio (or any other water "flavor enhancer") is shown to be good or bad in any way. They don't seem to offer much but I find that I'm not drinking enough water and it helps for that. Before Mio came along I would sometimes water down Crystal Lite iced tea or lemonade, or add a spritz of lemon juice or lime juice to add some flavor to water so that I would drink more of it.

The Mio in particular seems to have a fairly strong sweet flavor (with a big enough squeeze) which leaves me wondering if there's some tradeoff for using that to flavor water, since it seems to have no caloric value and adds quite a lot of flavor. It also leaves me wondering why all lemonades or fruit punches (or whatever) aren't made this way.

Mio on CalorieCount: http://www.caloriecount.com/calories-mio-liquid-water-enhancer-i260370

Any input here would be helpful! Also any tips or tricks that anyone might have for making it easier to drink more water (especially when you get sick of the flavor[lessness] of it). Thanks!

Replies

• OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    I use them now and then. Anything can be detrimental if you overdo it, but artificial sweeteners don't cause weight gain, so it's not like drinking a soda or something.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Tea. Don't forget tea. Surely not all great tasting things are inherently bad.

I also like Biosteel just because it freaks out my all-natural daughter. It's pink.
  • dragonmaster69
    dragonmaster69 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I don't like the taste of room temp water so I use them quite often. I don't suggest buying the Dasani ones. Get the Mio or Crystal Lite ones. My first drink option above anything else is extremely cold ice water, but that's unusually hard to fine when in in a class for two hours or in the car, so flavor enhancers to the rescue.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    I drink 1-2 gallons of water a day using store-brand enhancers. They're greatness, imo.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I am fond of the Aloha Pineapple Coconut Crystal lite right now. I call it Pineapple Pixx.
    recap42.jpg

I also have the Hawaiian classic, Somewhere Over the Rainbow, playing over and over in my head. I wonder what that means?
  • amelialoveshersnacks
    amelialoveshersnacks Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    I also just make big pitchers of water infused with fresh fruit slices - currently sipping a lovely tangerine/lime combo.

Cucumber, mint and lemon is nice too. Or berries with mint. I get bored of water sometimes so its nice to switch it up
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    The Mio in particular seems to have a fairly strong sweet flavor (with a big enough squeeze) which leaves me wondering if there's some tradeoff for using that to flavor water, since it seems to have no caloric value and adds quite a lot of flavor. It also leaves me wondering why all lemonades or fruit punches (or whatever) aren't made this way.

Because some people like sugar.
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Kool-aid makes Mio style enhancers that are good. I use them all the time.