weigh yourself!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    mops89 wrote: »
    I will not check bazillion of threads just to get a simple answer. If you don't like it, don't answer. ;)

Good answer! I wouldn't even respond to that negativity.....you go ahead and ask whatever you want xo
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    I weigh myself every 3 or 4 days....but the number never changes. The scale sits on 131 lbs regardless if I eat clean, workout heavy or light , or just chill out for days on end. I guess as long as it isn't going UP I should be happy...lol
  • Coley88
    Coley88 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every 3 or 4 days....but the number never changes. The scale sits on 131 lbs regardless if I eat clean, workout heavy or light , or just chill out for days on end. I guess as long as it isn't going UP I should be happy...lol

Then you are probably eating at matainance and not eating in a deficit.

I weigh myself every morning.
  • JustMissTracy
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Good morning Coley! Actually, I do eat at a deficit, but I think my issue could also be related to my age...I'm twice your age, so it's a little harder to keep my girlish figure now than it was 20 years ago. I don't think I could eat much less, or much cleaner...but I could definitely give up the booze on the weekends, I've always felt that gets in the way of my success. On good days I just tell myself that at 46 I'm pretty awesome, and probably at the size God wants me to be anyways....Love the edit button! Might I add that I had lost 70 lbs until the last two years when I plateau'd at 130-131.... xo
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I am going to be 45 next month, and I have not had trouble losing weight at a deficit at all. I have lost 21 lbs since June 21 and I am going through menopause.

I weigh myself every day when I first wake up, before I jump in the shower. I like to see the trends. I do fluctuate daily, but the daily fluctuations are becoming lower and lower.
  • stickers456
    stickers456 Posts: 7 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    You should weigh yourself at the same time of day, preferably in the morning before you eat. Only weigh yourself every week or so, since you weight can fluctuate often.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »
    I am going to be 45 next month, and I have not had trouble losing weight at a deficit at all. I have lost 21 lbs since June 21 and I am going through menopause.

I weigh myself every day when I first wake up, before I jump in the shower. I like to see the trends. I do fluctuate daily, but the daily fluctuations are becoming lower and lower.

You've lost 21 lbs since June 21! That is outstanding!! Good for you!! xo
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Sarri93 wrote: »
    Good lord, some people are so sensitive.

@steponebyone and everyone else who's getting offended by someone saying to look for the million other threads. Some places have rules in place that you have to make sure something hasn't been posted or asked recently before posting. It clogs up the content for other legitimate, unasked questions and conversations.

This place has rules that say that MFP "explicitly allow members to post questions that have been asked previously by other members".

9. Do Not Post the Same Topic on Multiple Boards or Groups

Please choose the most appropriate board or group for your post and post it once. Posting the same message to multiple boards or multiple groups is a form of spam. Please note that this is NOT a guideline against inadvertently posting a question another member has asked before. We explicitly allow members to post questions that have been asked previously by other members. If you see a member post a topic that you think has been asked before by another member, please respond politely or simply move on. However, the same member cannot ask the same question or post the same topic more than once.

@OP I weigh myself every day, but use a graph to see the trends (so that the little, natural blips don't concern me!)

In my experience, forums that forbid asking questions or creating topics that have been asked before and "to utilize the search feature" are a ghost town.

This forum would certainly be dead if people couldn't ask questions or post topics that had been asked before.

As an aside, it is apparently against the rules to point out that something is against the rules. Which makes me pointing this out also against the rules, and so on and so on until the universe implodes.

OP, I weigh every morning, without clothes on, after going to the bathroom.

• strangesoul79
    strangesoul79 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I weigh about every 2 wks always in the morning. I might jump on the scale first thing in the morning some days in between just to see how things look but I don't worry about it. I need to start measuring again as well. It is to easy to get discouraged if you weigh every day. Big thing is scales lie. It's why measurements and progress pictures are fairly important. Even if the scale doesn't move much inches may be going away.
  • 89GermanG
    89GermanG Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    :)
    I will not check bazillion of threads just to get a simple answer. If you don't like it, don't answer. ;)

Good answer! I wouldn't even respond to that negativity.....you go ahead and ask whatever you want xo

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Every morning, right after peeing, always wearing the same thing.

Except today. Forgot. Weighed an hour later and had yesterday's weight, which means there's a good shot I'd have lost today, dang it.

But usually every morning. :)
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options

I'll do the work for you. If you'll fall to pieces because of normal fluctuations, weigh weekly. Otherwise, weigh daily. You're welcome.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

I'll do the work for you. If you'll fall to pieces because of normal fluctuations, weigh weekly. Otherwise, weigh daily. You're welcome.

Well said, however there is still variation when weighing weekly and anyone that falls to pieces due to these normal fluctuations is going to be even more troubled because now they have to wait for another week before the next weigh-in.
  • lastfarewell
    lastfarewell Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi mops89. I weigh myself every 10 days or so. If I weigh myself too often, I know it will be easy to get discouraged. On the topic of searching for other threads, I think the rude poster might have been suggesting that you use the search function at the top of the page. I tried it by putting in "weigh yourself" and got "bazillions" of threads on the topic. Sometimes I do use that function when I just want a quick answer (it can be faster than writing a post), but sometimes, dang it, we all want a little conversation and attention. No need for that poster to be so rude! Keep up your hard work.
  • joshreza10
    joshreza10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Once a week when I wake up in the morning.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I like data and am not bothered by fluctuations. I weigh myself daily, soon after waking, after bathroom, and naked. I take tape measurements once a week. I only record weight loss on mfp once weekly, update my fitbit with every loss, I only update measurements on mfp when there is a decrease. I keep these stats and others in a private spread sheet with graphs that show trend lines.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Weigh whenever you want, there's no right or wrong to it.
  • ciaralizabeth
    ciaralizabeth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I typically weigh myself every other week. My goal is to lose 1 pound per week. Doing it more than that would not show much of a difference in weight.