Post here if you want more friends!

Options

Replies

• UpcyclerGirl
    UpcyclerGirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This dieting thing is not easy, and sometimes, we crash and burn. But every day is a new day to try again. That is how I am choosing to look at it. My story....

Two years ago, I weighed 60 lbs. less than I do now, thanks to this website. But when I hit a plateau that lasted 6 months with no change, no matter what I tried. So, I gave up - and in one year, I had gained back everything I lost. I admit, it was fun to eat again, but I am paying a terrible price. Two years ago, I could wear clothes off-the-rack. Now, I have to special order or shop at the fat girl stores. Two years ago, I kicked blood pressure meds. Now I am on twice as much medication that I was on before. Two years ago, muscles were toned and my stamina was incredible. Today, I can barely walk a block without wheezing, and my hips and knees burn. My shape has so radically changed, I can't even wear the same fat clothes I wore before I started my amazing journey here two years ago. I'm not looking for pity - in fact, I hope my story will encourage those of you working hard at this to STAY WITH IT! Going back to Fatland is no picnic. At my age (55), it's also bloody dangerous, too.

I am now committed to getting "back in the saddle again", and hope you will befriend me. We're in this thing together. :)
  • steeliebob
    steeliebob Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add .... just over a year here on MFP. Sadly, not too many active friends these days and I enjoy seeing an active feed, not only to share their accomplishments, but to kick me in the rear a tad on the days I need it as well.

Much of my story in in my profile and my diary is wide open. I'm usually pretty good about logging everything .... sometimes miss, either on purpose if I have a rough day (know I should anyhow), or if not around computer (I can work terribly long days 20+ hours sometimes) .... but I always seem to get back up soon if I stumble some!
  • avilancaster871
    avilancaster871 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Im always wanting more friends to help and support me along the way! I joined today so very new to this but need to get things moving on this weight loss journey! Feel free to add me :) x
  • jazzyjasper68
    jazzyjasper68 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love friends on here, so that we can encourage and motivate each other. I've been using this app since 13th July and have only just filled in my profile. I didn't realise we could do this, so it looks fun. I'm in England, but happy to have friends from anywhere :)
  • kevinmcfadden464
    kevinmcfadden464 Posts: 11 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hello

I'm in UK (outer London) I have just started MFP last week and want to stay focused and get to my right weight so I can be healthy and be more energetic (most importantly set a positive example for my kids) I am 19.1stone and being 6ft 1 I should be about 13 stone. I'm targeting 5 stone but would like to get to my correct BMI and be able to run again! Would be great to get some other people linked in to my page who are doing something similar to keep my motivation up.

Thanks

Kevin
  • Cjbiobaby
    Cjbiobaby Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    if anyone still posts here... looking for a few more friends close to my age, that we can talk about health and ideas and support each other during this process. add me if you will!! thanks.
  • sarahcailan14
    sarahcailan14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've had this app for awhile, but I haven't used it much. Today I decided to fully commit to using this app and to being health conscious! I have no friends yet, so please add me!
  • arematore464
    arematore464 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me! Please☺☺☺ would love more friends
  • P1ckleface
    P1ckleface Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on MFP for a while now but don't have many friends! Ilike having people to chat to and keep the motivation up! :)
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • assoff0
    assoff0 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    therocpile wrote: »
    Post a reply below if you want people to add you, Let's keep each other motivated and on the right track!!

Anyone is welcome to add me!!!

Hii I'm Abigail and I would like to have more friends here! Add me if u want!
  • ALovelyChange
    ALovelyChange Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Always looking for more like-minded people :) Active daily! [almost to 100 days going strong!]
  • Winston817
    Winston817 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Up for friends. .Bacon Worshippers welcome B)
  • xxsoniax
    xxsoniax Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Friends needed!!! :-)))) xx
  • 1HappyTurtleRunner
    1HappyTurtleRunner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Need...ok want more friends starting this again lost close to 20. want to lose more or at least go down a couple sizes. :)
  • sazhol
    sazhol Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I need more MFP friends too, feel free to add me.
  • ColwellCat
    ColwellCat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Would love some more active MFP users who will post and give support. Please add me if this is you.
  • HG93022
    HG93022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi, today is Day7 for me and it has been going pretty well. I am nervous that the food calories and activity calories are not accurate- anyone have comments on this and an opinion on how much it matters if they are truly precise?
  • _Sheesh_
    _Sheesh_ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Pick me! :)

• brittanyyy96
    brittanyyy96 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me everyone! :)