Down 125lbs! If I can do it, you CAN DO IT! Thanks myfitnesspal!!

Options

Replies

• deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    k4tie82 wrote: »
    I’ve decided to share my weight loss story in hopes that it will help someone who is struggling with their weight and trying to live a healthier lifestyle.

In the last 3 ½ years I have lost 125 lbs. Before starting my journey I was 270 pounds, almost type 2 diabetic, and I was morbidly obese. I was depressed and miserable in my own skin, self-soothing with food and candy. My weight and lifestyle were slowly killing me. I wanted to be healthy, I wanted to be happy again, and I wanted to be the wife and mother my family deserved. Those things combined gave me the final push I needed to change my lifestyle.

I didn’t follow a specific program or go through weight loss surgery. I swapped all my sugar loaded drinks for water, started tracking my food using myfitnesspal, and added exercise into my daily routine. I wanted to change my lifestyle so this would become a permanent way of life. I started with small, achievable goals so I didn’t get overwhelmed with how much weight I still had to lose. I have had amazing success with myfitnesspal! I love that you can share your diary with friends, encourage one another to make healthy choices, and it’s not a specific diet plan! If you choose you can look at all your nutritional value for the day, which has been extremely helpful for me.
    I joined a local gym and I discovered a whole new passion for fitness. I reached out and found other ladies to work out with at the gym. We encourage each other, hold each other accountable, and have fun! When one of us struggles, we help each other. I started personal training and improved my strength, lost more weight, and melted away body fat. Myfitnesspal has helped me track my protein so I could build muscle, as well as my fiber so I can keep things moving ;) I have been able to accomplish things I never thought possible, and I have learned to believe in myself! Please know that weight loss is a journey and it takes time. If I can do this, you can do this! I finally have my life back and I feel great! Thank you myfitnesspal for being part of my journey!
    xmwtn3rwiv0i.jpg

• deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration. You look wonderful and so strong. Thank you for your story.
  • k4tie82
    k4tie82 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    @creationscrown you are so supportive... Thank you so much :) the story is back up! ❤️
  • kcampbell1969
    kcampbell1969 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for posting this!!!! I just started 11 days ago and I have 125 lbs to lose. I'm finding it so helpful reading all these success stories. The motivation you all provide for sharing your journeys is invaluable. <3
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm so very grateful you shared your story! You look amazing! Everyone's success stories keep me on track! Yours is fantastic !
  • rjivory
    rjivory Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. I am one of those who needs it!
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Amazing......this is a true success story in more way than one.....way to go. The hard work is always worth it.
  • k4tie82
    Options
    @kcampbell1969 You are SO welcome... You CAN do this!!!
  • ajgordo150
    ajgordo150 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Way to go you look amazing
  • grate4heart
    grate4heart Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You are awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your story. You are an inspiration. I needed to read this.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Great story!!! You look amazing and are in inspiration to everyone!
  • 15feb
    15feb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi I need to lose 55 pounds so if I stay on a 1200 calories a day and exercise for 60 minutes each day as of right now I last week started Zumba 3 days a week for an hour and 2 days a week 1 Hr on the treadmill hopefully this will help me shed these pounds I believe the lack of exercise that I have not been doing for the last 3 years is why I put on the weight because I weighed 125 for 22 years then the weight started I do like to have drink wine in the evening can I just include the calories in my daily 1200 and still lose ?
  • jezele
    jezele Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the inspiration! I am starting at about the same weight you did (currently 5 months pregnant so I may start a little bit less in January) I really LOVE to be active, live in the country with my husband and young boys, so there's all kinds of farm chores, love zumba, swimming, hiking and really looking forward to doing my first mudrun with my husband when I get in shape. My biggest question for you is how much focus you put on the nutrition side of your weight loss. That's definitely the hardest part for me. Thanks in advance!
  • k4tie82
    Options
    @15feb I messaged you ;)
  • k4tie82
    Options
    Thanks for the support and kind words everyone!!
  • AliciaToniak
    AliciaToniak Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! You look amazing!!! You should be so proud of yourself for this accomplishment because losing that amount of weight is a very hard thing thing to do!!!!! I am truly inspired. I have at least 80 lbs I want to/have to lose but more would be great too. I too have cut out pop and am tracking my food on here and am much more active. I am hopeful for an amazing transformation like you have had!! I am definitely going to add you as a friend because I love to surround myself with successful people to encourage and motivate me. Thanks for posting your story!!
  • mpeterson86
    mpeterson86 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!!
  • michelleellis
    michelleellis Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Agreed! My fitness pal is a great app. Well done. I've gone from 156kg to 84kg it's no easy task.

7zpt7129axa0.jpg

best part is you look so happy!
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    jezele wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the inspiration! I am starting at about the same weight you did (currently 5 months pregnant so I may start a little bit less in January) I really LOVE to be active, live in the country with my husband and young boys, so there's all kinds of farm chores, love zumba, swimming, hiking and really looking forward to doing my first mudrun with my husband when I get in shape. My biggest question for you is how much focus you put on the nutrition side of your weight loss. That's definitely the hardest part for me. Thanks in advance!

80% of weight loss is nutrition. For breakfast I eat steel cut oats with unsweetened peanut butter and ground flax, for lunch I eat 1 pound of bitter greens, beans, onions, mushrooms, berries and seeds daily, a 4 oounce burger with blue cheese and mayo for dinner. I've lost 14.5 pounds in 40 days.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!