Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The Single Best Ab Exercise You Can Do

2»

Replies

• wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    Thanks for posting! These look pretty cool and worth trying, although I have a feeling there maybe an injury in my future!!!(not a very graceful person!)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Ok, I looked at this earlier today but didn't post because I hadn't tried it yet. Now I have so I'm going to comment.

WOW!!! and OWW!!! :D

I've been doing P90X but the ab part of the program has been hard for me because it's making my lower back sore. I've tried the modifications suggested but I'm still having issues and was getting pretty frustrated. This morning after seeing your post I thought I'd give this exercise a try and even though it was extremely difficult I was able to do it and best of all, it didn't hurt my back! I felt every single muscle in my abdominal region while I was doing it. We'll see how the area feels tomorrow. :)

Thank you so much for posting that link. I'll be using that for a few weeks at least to see how my core shapes up. While I'd love beautiful abs my main goal is strength and fitness. If this can give me a strong core for Taekwondo I'll be a happy camper!

IMO Ab ripper x has too much back flexion exercises and not enough straight back exercises (like this one). You need to work the muscles in your lower back in a safe way to create a strong core otherwise there could be muscle imbalances.
  • I'm imagining myself trying this, getting set up on the ball, moving my booty up and...
    Face plant.
    These look awesome and super helpful but with my history with exercise balls I fear them. xD
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    We do a similar one in my circuits class, but not quite that hard!
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Thanks!! This makes me want to blow up my huge ball, again.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    I have a ball at home, never had the chance to use it but I definitely will now!

Thanks for sharing that, having a bad back I believe this will be the ideal exercise for me!
  • GHD sit-ups are probably the best thing I've ever come across for building abdominal strength. So much in fact if you're a guy and you do too many the first time you'll end up with fluid first in your stomach then in places you don't want a week later ;)