In for 60 miles!

Sept 1st - 4 mi

Total - 4 mi
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    First off, with a 20-25 mile week, 7.5 is close to the maximum for your long run anyway.
    Let's say you are running 25 this week. 25% of 25 miles is 6.25 miles and 33% of 25 miles is 8.25 miles. So in a 25 mile week, your long run is limited to 6.25-8.25 miles.

Assuming a 25 mile run week. Also assume you do a 7.5 mile LR. leaves you with 17.5 miles on the rest of your weekly runs divided into 3 more runs. The average of that is ~5.83 miles. Or 3x 6 milers (aprox). If you don't feel like doing a 6 miler in one shot, you can run 3 in the morning and 3 at night. If that seems a bit much (and it may since you have the hip problem), you can dial it down to a 20 mile week.

Assume the same 7.5 mile LR. This leaves you with 12.5 miles for the rest of the week in 3 runs.

That is 3 4 milers (well one of them is a 4.5 miler). Or you can do 1 6 miler at the beginning of the week. Then all you have is a 3 miler and a 3.5 miler.

Hope this helps. Be careful tho, if you have a hip injury, you may have to dial the mileage down a bit more.

Edited: I forgot to calculate the LR percentages based upon a 20 mile week. 25% of 20 miles is 5 miles while 33% of 20 miles is 6.67 (or 6-2/3) miles. So 7.5 miles is actually a little over 37%. A bit high but doable for a long run on a 20 mile week. You be ok to do this a few times. But with an already hip injury I would suggest to dial the long run down if you go with a 20 mile week.

Thank you so much--that's what I was thinking I could try (the 3, 6-milers and one 7 miler a week) to aim for. I won't try to do it though, until I'm feeling more like I don't hurt the whole run. I set my goal for the month at 75 so I could keep my weeks around 20. I have a half street-half trail 10K at the end of the month that I really want to do well in, and the Marine Corps 10K at the end of October. That one will determine my corral placement for the half marathon I have lined up in February. So my goal is to train well, but also smart--and uninjured. :)

@skippygirlsmom I am having some chronic hip flexor problems. At first it hurt only on trails and only in my trail shoes, but now it's hurting every time I run, starting in the first mile. It doesn't really stop the whole run. I don't think it's injured, just tight--but it's worrying me because I don't want to stop running!

@shanaber I am doing clam shells, donkey kicks, and butterfly stretches (as well as my normal strength training). I just saw a video on how to do the Samson stretch, so I'll add that too. I understand that pigeon pose is good, but I haven't tried it yet. Any other good stretches/exercises?
  • BeccaKay96
    BeccaKay96 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    September Goal is 30! Starting small because I've veen off my running game for about a month.. Just need to stick with it this time!!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    9.1.15- FAIL/WIN! No AM run- didn't make my 4:45 time slot to run- so 10:15 it was. I just got back. Not really thrilled running that late at night- it slows me down- just enough light to eff up my vision- but to dark to really make out the ground. it's annoying. Never the less

9.1.15... 3.04...26:30

August: 66.23 of 75 miles
    September 3.04 of 104.5

Total Half Training Mileage
    96.15 of total 225
  • endlessenigma
    endlessenigma Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    9/1- 2.06 miles walking

exercise.png
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    September goal 65 miles

September 1 3.51

Total 3.51

Ticker is my goal for 2015 and accumulation to date:

exercise.png

• patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    01/9 12 miles
    02/9 12 miles

good 12 miles today, 8C, dark - I tested my £8 headlamp and it was quite good
    sadly won't be able to go to my favourite wood anymore, too dark even with lamp and too muddy
    new waking up time is affecting my pace too, but amen, no alternative
    nice moon and stars in the sky gave me a sense of peace
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm off the mark!

01/09 - 4.52 km

exercise.png
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    In for 30 miles.

2nd September = 1 mile
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    9/1 - 5.25 miles
    9/2 - 3.55 miles - 98% humidity - not sure how that is possible at 4:30 am but it was!

exercise.png

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for September

9/1 10.5 miles - 10.5
    9/2 6.6 miles - 17.1

exercise.png

• snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    9/1 rest day
    9/2 4.2 miles -- wasn't that easy for some reason, but done!

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Rest Day for me, the legs were kinda tired yesterday so it came at a good time. Since it's rest day I need to post a picture :smile: You all are champions!!!

lbm7uz5iou8g.jpg
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • krdews
    krdews Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 100 for September; two vacations will significantly impact my mileage this month; but the challenge should hold me accountable for the other days... doing the run challenges has been the best thing for me... #helping me maintain my goal weight #increased my running speed #increased my miles (especially during the summer months) #discovered new routes - longer run, need a new scenery.
  • mwilliams0818
    mwilliams0818 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wBE9y5B/]
    exercise.png

New personal best last night (for distance)! I ran 2.5 miles without stopping, slowing down, walking, etc. Prior to that I topped out at a mile before having to walk. My goal is to be able to run a 5k without having to walk at all. I know it's a small goal, but I've got to start somewhere. My last goal was to finish a 5k and so far I've completed about 4 of them.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    You all are out of the gate and I'm still at the starting line.

9/01 - Rest
    9/02 - Rest

Sept Goal: 135 Miles
    Sept Progress: 0 Miles
    Remaining: 135 Miles

I called an audible Monday and ran that night instead of last night because Monday was forecast to be a bit cooler and Tuesday we had a soccer game to go to. That put 8 miles into August that would have been in September. Tonight I'm taking my son to the Minnesota Twins game.

On the other hand, for the 7 days ending Monday, I had run over 41 miles so a two day rest isn't all bad I guess.

• AngieFlames
    AngieFlames Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

Sept 2 - 2.63 miles
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    You all are out of the gate and I'm still at the starting line.

9/01 - Rest
    9/02 - Rest

Sept Goal: 135 Miles
    Sept Progress: 0 Miles
    Remaining: 135 Miles

I called an audible Monday and ran that night instead of last night because Monday was forecast to be a bit cooler and Tuesday we had a soccer game to go to. That put 8 miles into August that would have been in September. Tonight I'm taking my son to the Minnesota Twins game.

On the other hand, for the 7 days ending Monday, I had run over 41 miles so a two day rest isn't all bad I guess.

Sounds like a lot of fun. The Royals have been hot making it hard for the Twins. You guys enjoy yourselves.
  • terihalsey62
    terihalsey62 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

exercise.png

1 mile down 09/01