Weigh in question

Options
RockPrincess080
RockPrincess080 Posts: 10 Member
edited September 2015 in Getting Started
HEY HEYYYYYY! (Edited because my previous post didn't show all the text. Weird.) anyway....I see some people checking their weight every day and sometimes multiple times a day. I planned on doing it every Monday. What do you suggest?

Replies

• cathliz71
    cathliz71 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was weighing myself every day, but I really think once a week is best. I say this because your weight fluctuates so much from day to day. Once a week is more of the average. I also find if you are a person who is influenced by the scale and you don't like what you see one day, may be discouraging and unmotivating. Just my thought...I am going to do my weigh ins every Thurs.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you! :)

I weigh-in every Friday morning.

Make sure you weigh in at the same time of day, weighing the same clothes (ideally wearing nothing at all!). Also, don't place too much bearing on the scale as they should just be used to keep on track. Take your measurements each month and you'll really surprise yourself.
  • tthoma5201
    tthoma5201 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning. I only track once a week though.
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I weigh 2 or 3 times a week. I only record my results once a week on Thursdays though.
  • rainah84
    rainah84 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning once a week and get measurements once a month.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    rainah84 wrote: »
    I weigh first thing in the morning once a week and get measurements once a month.

Heh. I weigh once a month and take measurements weekly.
  • RaeB1013
    RaeB1013 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Monday morning and take my measurements once a month. That is my suggestion, only because of how much your weight can fluctuate on a day to day basis.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    HEY HEYYYYYY! (Edited because my previous post didn't show all the text. Weird.) anyway....I see some people checking their weight every day and sometimes multiple times a day. I planned on doing it every Monday. What do you suggest?

The less the better, it takes time to see a difference.

People who check daily have a bit of an issue and almost always blame something they did the previous day... however it's really something they did probably 3 weeks ago ...
  • Cynthiamr2015
    Cynthiamr2015 Posts: 161 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I read somewhere, when you weight in, it is best to do it in the morning before you even eat. I weight myself every day to keep on track with my weight loss. I only log when I lose lbs. Maybe I should log at the same time each week? (Once) but I will always weight in several times a week just to keep track of any weight gain, that way I know what my calories are for the day, if I should eat less for that day and work even harder in my workouts. :)
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself at all... for me the scale is a demon and I become obsessed with it. I just gauge where I'm at with how my clothes are fitting.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    No more than once a day. Always same time same place same clothes (if any). I weigh several times per week which I started to understand my fluctuations. I record each new low and log in MFP when trainer weighs every 1-2 weeks. Last year we measured about every 6 weeks, now that I'm 15 months in we will measure @3 months. We will measure next week and I can't wait to see big changes since June!!