Under-arm fat/ "Bat wings"

Options
2»

Replies

• noxxmod
    noxxmod Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have them as well, even after doing alot of arm exercises over the years. I just keep plugging away and don't think about them like I used to (very self conscious). Now, I'm like, who cares. I'm more than my arms. Take it or leave it.

By the way, those rope exercises are great for toning upper arms and shoulders. They're called battle ropes and come in different weights and lengths.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    My advice for loose skin: time (if you've lost weight recently) and building up muscle nearby as well as over that particular region. I realize that the extra skin is under your arm, but if your shoulder/delts/biceps get bigger, I've found the extra stretch needed for those will come a little from the saggy part. This of course only works if you have no shoulder/delt/bicep muscles already.

This at least is what I found in my arms and legs. After losing 100 lbs, I had skin that sagged over my knees. 2 years later, it was better but still there. Building my quads and hips seemed to help my knees not look like that anymore (and when you're self conscious, ANY CHANGE you yourself perceive can add confidence! And building my glutes seemed to help with my belly/FUPA saggy skin.) YMMV.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Consistent weight training and patience is the answer. When I got to my goal weight, I hated the bat wings. But since I've been at maintenance for a while and lifting heavy regularly, my arms have gotten toned a heck. Random people tell how nice my arms are (profile pic is old, but that's when I first started to feel happy about them). lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My arms are toned enough to my liking but the bat wings never went anywhere. But again, I have loose skin and stretch marks there, and fat loves my stretch marks (I have more stretch marks on my right arm = bigger batwings there).

But yeah, losing more fat/building more muscles is probably the answer, but I don't want more muscle on my arms and losing more weight has been difficult, so I'll have to learn to live with it.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    id rather have bat wings than 100 pounds of extra fat....

just call me bat girl ;)

^^^THIS!!
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Callanetics - by by Callan Pinckney. That is what I am using to get my skin to tone\tighten.