The Usual Suspects...

Options

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Blue Moon Peanut Butter Ale? I don't think we can get it here :(

Hm, I haven't even heard of this; I figure it would be readily available because Blue Moon got bought out by Miller, but maybe some of the smaller batches are still not widely distributed.
  • osmith1999
    osmith1999 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I do keep temptations out of my house in the beginning. Once I have a system in place to avoid them, then I keep them again.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're addicted to Keyser Soda.
    I hear the greatest trick Keyser Soda ever pulled was convincing the world he's not addictive.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Maybe you're addicted to Keyser Soda.
    I hear the greatest trick Keyser Soda ever pulled was convincing the world he's not addictive.

Was it sugar? i don't recall?
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    This may be the best thread in the history of the Innerwebz.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    First day on the diet, you know what I learned? How to spot a cheat food. Let's say you cut out three foods for the same reason. You put them all in the trash overnight and cover them with dishsoap. The next morning, whichever's not there is your food of choice. You see, if you're addicted, you sneak downstairs, you wipe off the soap, you hork that **** down.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Man, I was in a mean people thread tonight!

Is it Friday already?
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I hear Takeru Kobayashi works for Kaiser Soda.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    It didn’t make sense that I’d be there. I mean, these guys were hard-core thread hijackers, but there I was. At that 2 point warning I wasn’t scared, I knew I hadn’t done anything they could do me for. Besides, it was fun. I got to make like I was notorious.

Solid. ****ing. Gold.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Well, I had a bad weekend. I went into it all pumped up, but I ate way too much and blew my calorie goals. Didn't even log the last part of Saturday and all of Sunday! It was the usual suspects...beer, sandwiches, peanut butter.

I wanted to rid my house of all that stuff, but you know what? How can you overcome something if you are simply never around it? Am I going to avoid peanut butter for the rest of my life? Can a person be truly good if they never have the opportunity to be bad?

I woke up this morning with a renewed sense of purpose and drive. I have almost half a jar of peanut butter left in my cupboard and a brand new bottle of 120 Minute IPA under my bar, and both of them are going to stay right where they are, because I can do it! The greatest trick my refrigerator ever pulled was convincing my brain that willpower doesn't exist!

Thanks for listening, MFP. Just needed to vent.

No you can't avoid your trigger foods, for the rest of your life; that isn't sustainable but what I do every month is, I buy 1 trigger food or 2, if I lost more than my month's goal weight. I am only 74 days into my healthy lifestyle change, so while I did consume my entire package/carton of my trigger foods in 1 day; it took me many more hours to do it each time & I didn't consume anything else Caloric besides those trigger foods, so that I didn't excessively; go over my Calorie goal. I also bank 100 Calories a day, for 1 or 2 weeks before buying it, so that I have extra Calories to spare/if I lose control & binge on my trigger foods. This seems to be helping me prolong the amount of time that I consume, those foods & hopefully someday, I'll be able to consume no more than a serving of them daily.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It didn’t make sense that I’d be there. I mean, these guys were hard-core thread hijackers, but there I was. At that 2 point warning I wasn’t scared, I knew I hadn’t done anything they could do me for. Besides, it was fun. I got to make like I was notorious.

You're amazing.
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    See a hypnotist. Peanut butter does not taste THAT good. It is not speculaaspasta (Belgian cookiebased spread, Conquering the USA now, apparently)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

You. Win.

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    This thread explains the avatar changes.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

:wink:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    ElkeKNJ wrote: »
    See a hypnotist. Peanut butter does not taste THAT good. It is not speculaaspasta (Belgian cookiebased spread, Conquering the USA now, apparently)
    I completely misread that as see a hypotenuse. I need more coffee...