OMG Fitbit customer service are amazing!! one very happy customer!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• sarahharas5
    sarahharas5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Don't even need a receipt or to have bought it from their website. I got mine at Sports Authority and the band started lifting off the plastic part. I just had to tell them when I bought it, the color and size. Mine was in the mail next day.

Would you please tell CS that for me? I got told I need a receipt for a replacement Zip or I can fiddle with a tiny, copper piece that might fix the problem or break off and render the Zip useless.

When I just dealt with them today, I didn't have to show any proof of purchase. I'm not sure if maybe they looked up my history based on email address or something but they just helped me to trouble-shoot and then told me they were sending out a replacement. Is yours over a year old? Maybe that's why?
  • ColinsMommaOC
    ColinsMommaOC Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

Would you please tell CS that for me? I got told I need a receipt for a replacement Zip or I can fiddle with a tiny, copper piece that might fix the problem or break off and render the Zip useless.

Not sure they would listen to me about it! If you ordered it from their website then you should have an order history. Or if you paid for it with a Credit Card it will be on your old statement... I told the CS person that I bought it at Sports Authority and when I bought it. They looked up to see if it was eligible for a replacement (took like 2 minutes) then came back and said my replacement was processed and I should consider recycling my old one.
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I wish I'd thought of this when I lost mine. It came off because the fastening was poorly designed, and my husband had already lost one for the same reason. Mine just wasn't up to the task of carrying a struggling toddler a few blocks, so when I got home it was gone (and my dog had eaten part of my yoga mat--it was a bad day, fitness-wise).

I did go back and try to get it to sync, actually, but no dice. I was up over 18K steps that day, too, and none of them got counted. :(

Anyway, I wound up buying a Charge HR, which turned out to have a much better clasp, but it's nice to think that FitBit might have just replaced the one that fell off. Hopefully there won't be a next time, but if there ever is...
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I can't get my Flex to sync with my phone or my PC, and I'm not getting any responses to my followup emails. I'm hoping I hear something soon. I'm glad everyone else had great experiences.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I can't get my Flex to sync with my phone or my PC, and I'm not getting any responses to my followup emails.

Did you reset it? http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-restart-my-tracker
    1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port and insert your tracker into the charging cable.

2. Insert a paperclip into the small pinhole on the back of the charger.

3. Press on the pinhole for 3-4 seconds.

Your Flex is now restarted. Take your tracker out of the charger and insert it back into the wristband.
  • Yoshirio
    Yoshirio Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    The first fitbit I had was glitchy and they replaced it with no hassles.The one I have now works great. Very good company.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Mine went for a swim in the washing machine., then started malfunctioning. I reported the malfunction, not thecause, and they replaced my One with no questions asked!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I can't get my Flex to sync with my phone or my PC, and I'm not getting any responses to my followup emails. I'm hoping I hear something soon. I'm glad everyone else had great experiences.

Did you try to do a reset? Put the Flex on the charger then take a paper clip and insert it into the little hole near. I had to do that every so often. But I eventually upgraded to the Charge.

My husband lost his Charge last week on a roller coaster. I'm going to try to email them to see what they say. Thanks for the tip!
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I bought my Charge HR at Target in May. The display would not work at times so I had to plug it in and reset it a few times. They sent me a brand new charger without asking for a receipt or anything. I also think it is pretty amazing that they do not ask for the old one back.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I received mine as a gift in April and the battery quit holding a charge on June. Contacted the company and they replaced it no questions asked eve thought I didn't have a receipt. I am pretty sure that my experience is part of why several of my friends also now have a Fitbit.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear things worked out! I remember your post from a few days ago. Back when I was using the One, part of the back clip started to break down and Fitbit replaced it no charge. They even gave me the black color I wanted (burgundy was a mistake :s )
  • orchidbutterflies
    Options
    I've dealt with customer service twice and they were super quick and helpful.
    I'd had my flex for just under a year and after wearing it everyday (including showering) the band started to separate from the plastic window. I was also having issues getting the contacts to connect consistently with the charger so I had to fiddle with it before it would charge. I messaged them and I received a response the next day and got my replacement two days later. They forgot to send me a new band though so I messaged them again and 2 days later had the new band.
    Some of the best customer service I've dealt with, hands down.
  • ColinsMommaOC
    ColinsMommaOC Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Mine went for a swim in the washing machine., then started malfunctioning. I reported the malfunction, not thecause, and they replaced my One with no questions asked!
    Mine swam 5 times before giving up... I switched to the Charge after that
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options

To be honest, I have had so much trouble with emailing them, it seems I never get a good answer, because they repeat themselves to me. If you call or do a live chat(chat isn't always an option), you will be more than happy!
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I didn't need a receipt when I lost my Fitbit Flex. They sent me another one no questions asked. When I decided to upgrade I didn't even look into other brands because customer service was so great with them. I bought the Charge HR.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I love their customer service. I bought my fitbit Charge in December and the band started pulling away from the tracker. I sent them an email and they sent me a new one pretty much no questions asked. MY boyfriends charge was eaten by our kitten and they sent him a new one as well.
  • MissAbbee
    MissAbbee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    MissAbbee wrote: »
    I just wish they gave you the option to upgrade or something, like trade in your old one. I want to trade my One for a Charge HR!

You can sync more than one tracker to your account. So use the One when you dress up.

Now that I have a Charge HR, I lend my old tracker to friends.

More to do with the fact I can't afford to spend £100+ on a new one, but if they let you trade in it wouldnt be so much :smile:
    Will have to just keep hinting to the boyfriend!
  • sarahbe89
    sarahbe89 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started using my flex again after a year of not using it and the battery was dying pretty quickly so I called them and they sent me a new one free of charge even though my Warrenty was already over. I love e company AMAZING customer service!