I want to gain weight!

Options
13»

Replies

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i gained a pound, i think it was from eating crap at my friends house though. lost it a couple days later plus a little extra. my therapist is gonna be so disappointed she was excited when i told her i gained a pound.
  • AShearman90
    AShearman90 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to get those calories to stay. I find that I'm always gaining a few pounds then losing a few pounds a few days later. I need to remember the more exercise I do the more I need to eat.
  • mandylynnie
    mandylynnie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    For hard gainers I don't think 2000 to 2500 is going to be enough to do the trick. I never saw any results until I started eating a minimum of 5k a day.

this is so true!!!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    keem88 wrote: »
    i don't want to gain weight but my outpatient team hadn't weighed me in a long time, and when they did again (i had gotten sick with lyme and had lost my appetite and were concerned as illness causes set backs many times for people recovering from eating disorders). i am down to 106 at 5'5 and they want me to gain to 120. idk how to do that, it sounds terrifying. when i first gained weight with them i was in a research study taking zyprexa and i ballooned up super fast, and was not comfortable with that at all. scared that will happen again, back to only mostly consuming fruit and veg. feel free to friend me anyone trying to gain as well maybe we can help each other out.

Was this in Ottawa because I was in a zyprexa research study too
  • thepinklion
    thepinklion Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! :)

I have been hovering around 95lbs for the past 5 years. I'm hoping this website is gonna help me get up to 110lbs.
  • breezygoals
    breezygoals Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am too! Been trying to gain weight off and on for ten years, but it takes a lot of hard work and dedication.
  • ChloeJoanneSmith
    ChloeJoanneSmith Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm currently trying to gain some weight :)

It'd be nice to have some more friends that are trying to gain weight!
  • MeriadocM
    MeriadocM Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to the party, but I'm also trying to gain weight by reverse dieting! I was wondering if any of you have any tips on how fast to increase calories (like how often should I up them, and by how much?)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    MeriadocM wrote: »
    I'm a little late to the party, but I'm also trying to gain weight by reverse dieting! I was wondering if any of you have any tips on how fast to increase calories (like how often should I up them, and by how much?)

100 to 200 calories per week