Kayla Itsines BBG and food!

Options
aringler36
aringler36 Posts: 12 Member
edited September 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello! My name is Alyssa and I am just finishing up week 24 of Kayla Itsines BBG guides ! I love her work outs and her recipes, but after plugging in some of her meal plans from her H.E.L.P guide, the macros for my, myfitnesspal, were off the charts incorrect ! It's a bummer but at the same time I wanted to make some new friends and meet people who are doing the BBG guides and see what other people's macros and calorie deficit is! I'm trying to lose some weight and tone up, and I think these workout BBG guides are the way to do so! It's just the food that I struggle with. I hope everyone else is enjoying them as much as I am! And the more support the better for success !

Replies

• linaj1988
    linaj1988 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey Alyssa! My name is Lina, I'm on week 3 of Kaylas BBG 1.0 and it's great ! I always thought to lose weight you have to be working out for a few hours a day but she's definately turned that around for me. I love trying out her recipes too.. I didn't purchase the HELP guide but in using her food blog on her website.
    It's hard to stay on track with my food so I need some motivation :)
  • aringler36
    Options
    Oh okay awesome ! Most of her recipes on her blog are in the guide anyway so that's fine ! And yes me too! Finding consistent motivation is so important !
  • amybugfit
    amybugfit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I picked up her BBG 1.0 guide, is the food guide really worth it?
    I've been following IIFYM pretty well.
  • FitFunFabulousNicole
    Options
    Hey Alyssa! I am just finishing up week 1 BBG 1.0 - I have already done it once and took a few months off and now I am starting it again. I love it and I can't say enough good things about it! I use to think I had to spend hours at the gym too. I don't follow the H.E.L.P guide but just the workouts. Feel free to add me and we can cheer each other on <3
  • linaj1988
    linaj1988 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just added you girls :) I love that I can leave the gym all sweaty after just 28minutes !! Never thought it was possible. Sometimes I do a cardio session afterwards but it isn't always necessary.
    I have problems with toning my lower body so I hope this will do my butt some good !
  • klippeke
    klippeke Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello girls :)

I just started BBG 1 yesterday! I'm only doing the pretraining guide right now though because I'm so out of shape
  • aringler36
    Options
    Hi Everyone ! I'm so pumped that I'm
    Not the only one that does BBG on myfitnesspal! I have trouble with my lower body too and these guides have definitely helped. The HELP guide isn't really necessary in my opinion - I have been able to look up great recipes on a "Yummly" app which I love ! And I can't believe how great the workouts are either! It's the best :)
  • tinaolsson
    tinaolsson Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    klippeke wrote: »
    Hello girls :)

I just started BBG 1 yesterday! I'm only doing the pretraining guide right now though because I'm so out of shape

The pre-training is a great build up! I did that before and are now on week 2 of the "real" program. :)
    Feeling so much better after starting this!
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I finished week 1 of BBG and looking forward to week 2. Lets motivate each other and please post progress pics if you have any...
  • aringler36
    Options
    Sounds good to me !! No judging here!
  • barbh2001
    barbh2001 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6 of BBG, also did 4 weeks pre training. I couldn't even complete 7 minutes when I started. Pretty out of shape. I'm feeling stronger now, but I haven't lost any weight. So I'm trying to focus on more on mindful eating and thought MFP would help. Happy to see some other BBG gals here!
  • kar_yne08
    kar_yne08 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies - I finished two weeks of BBG 1.0; however, had to take a week break due to a knee injury. I'm back at it today. I'm 2.8 lbs down and feel better already - I didn't purchased the HELP guide either - just focusing on MFP calories and macros. Best of luck ladies :)
  • sullyxo
    sullyxo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I have been interested in starting the BBG Guides for a while now. According to this thread, it seems like it is worth it. Are the workouts home friendly or do you have to go to a gym?
  • sixpacklady
    edited September 2015
    Options
    sullyxo wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I have been interested in starting the BBG Guides for a while now. According to this thread, it seems like it is worth it. Are the workouts home friendly or do you have to go to a gym?

Most of the exercises are home friendly , but I use 5 - 10lb dumbells for some of them.

• sixpacklady
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hey Alyssa! I am just finishing up week 1 BBG 1.0 - I have already done it once and took a few months off and now I am starting it again. I love it and I can't say enough good things about it! I use to think I had to spend hours at the gym too. I don't follow the H.E.L.P guide but just the workouts. Feel free to add me and we can cheer each other on <3

OMG, you just look fabulous, I want those abs :) Please share your tips :)

• aringler36
    Options
    Hey everyone ! I'm so happy to see that there are girls out there who are part of her programs! We can all definitely support and motivate one another - I know there are times where I am not feeling up to working out but seeing you guys progress and get better gives me motivation ! And these guides are definitely worth it - the HELP is something optional I think, and the workouts are worth buying. I go back and forth with the HELP guide to fit my macros :) and yes these are home friendly! But I agree to invest in Dumbbells, a mat, and one of those ball weights, I forget the name. They are like 8lbs and up. And I'll do a better job responding lol I need to change my notifications !

• Ela_525
    Ela_525 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Ela starting week 3 of BBG1.0! Just getting used to using this to log my meals, but I'm not too sure about the accuracy of some of the food I log but I'm just sticking to the HELP guide and hoping for the best!! Hope everyone's enjoying it!!
  • Kargx
    Kargx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on week 4, loving it. But I'm struggling with a healthy diet, which is why I've decided to start reusing mfp!
  • aringler36
    Options
    Hey girl! Tracking on this app will definitely be super helpful and once it becomes a habit it's like, you can't live without it ! I track my meals the night before too so I can plan ahead:) and the BBG guides are great !
  • amybugfit
    amybugfit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 1 of the pre-training and it kicked my butt (in a good way!).

I'm super sore and loving it.