Anybody have cure for hangover anxiety?

Options
Lots of drinking last night. :| Terrible. Started with beer and ended with bourbon whisky. :# I got the spins really bad that never ended. My mind fought this for like 3 hours until I finally fell asleep. I was deadly scared. I kept waking up. It was a nightmare. I have never felt so dreadful in my life. :/ Scary feeling. I've ate today. I had pizza, breadsticks, coke zeros water green tea. And for dinner I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with milk. The anxiety has calmed down towards the night now however, I still feel not like myself. Anybody have this issue? Or have any suggestions on how not to feel this scared? Please help.

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I think its fairly common... maybe drink a bit less next time tho. Be safe :kissing_heart:
  • Missycvt
    Missycvt Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    No suggestions, just sympathy. i get awful hangover anxiety. You think it would teach me to drink less.
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options
    Anxiety...

a43aec536d26d8488ebcd107e02ab57907dc2c1a8a1b3a184bfa923a0a04ccb9.jpg

It's just a hangover.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Anxiety...

It's just a hangover.

Nah, seriously - If I get a nasty hangover, particularly off red wine, I have the most epic panic attacks the next day. I do get anxiety otherwise, but hangover anxiety is a hell of it's own.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I think its fairly common... maybe drink a bit less next time tho. Be safe :kissing_heart:

Be safe? From what?
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Anxiety...

It's just a hangover.

Nah, seriously - If I get a nasty hangover, particularly off red wine, I have the most epic panic attacks the next day. I do get anxiety otherwise, but hangover anxiety is a hell of it's own.

This seems like it has a fairly simple solution....
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Anxiety...

It's just a hangover.

This seems like it has a fairly simple solution....

Menudo. She should eat some menudo. That'll fix her right up.

That's what you meant, right?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is a depressant, it alters your brain chemistry. If it makes your anxiety that bad then reducing or stopping drinking is the only real way to stop this happening.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I really think that drinking water, a hot bath and time are your best friend. Don't worry too much, your body will recover just fine
  • rats2010
    rats2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Start hammering Gatorade as soon as you wake up to pee the first time after some sleep... drink it the entire 1st day after then keep up with the water. B-Vitamins will help also as alcohol depletes them in the body.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I deal with anxiety on a daily basis. If something as optional as alcohol augmented that, I would sure a hell stop drinking it.

• hollie894
    hollie894 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Ah the fear is strong with this one...
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    It's common. It's known as 'beer fear'