Is there any one food or item you've completely eliminated from your diet?

Options
I am somewhat addicted to Fresca, and had been drinking 2-3 cans a day, every day. Even though there are zero calories, I've learned how bad artificial sweeteners are, so I've taken them out of my diet completely.
Anyone else cut anything out totally?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    No.

Where did you "learn" how bad artificial sweeteners are?
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweeteners aren't bad.

I've eliminated meat. I'm a vegetarian and I don't really like meat and I have ethical issues.

I've also eliminated Swiss chard. It tastes like dirt. I like most other leafy greens, though.
  • orchidbutterflies
    Options
    I cut out all pop and majority of fruit juice. I'll still occasionally drink orange juice or cranberry if I am craving something sweeter to drink than water; It's very rare though & I measure it so I can log accurately.

Before I would drink 6+ cans of pop a day. I feel I have more mental clarity when I just drink water ^^
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I haven't eliminated anything but regular soda. Who wants to waste their precious calories on a drink!? Lol, not me! Seriously though, if you like Fresca, I say drink it--a few cans a week won't hurt. :)
  • yogacat13
    yogacat13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms, because I don't like them. Blech.

Seriously, though, I have cut down on fruit juice to just a very rare thing, because there was a time I could drink a litre of orange or pineapple juice without even trying.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I don't really care for fried "pub" foods. I haven't completely eliminated them but that is the easiest thing to drop for me.
  • pooks1976
    pooks1976 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Regular soda. I was drinking about a can of coke a day and when I started looking at my diet, it was the first thing to go. I still occasionally have a rum and diet, but no full calorie coke. I try to really limit the calories I drink as I don't find them very satisfying.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    No.

There are foods I don't eat at all because I don't like them (kale and hot dogs being good examples) and foods I limit because I don't like the way they make me feel (sugar being the number one example of that). But I haven't totally eliminated any foods that I truly enjoy.

Thankfully, I have no issues with artificial sweeteners and have seen no credible evidence that they're "bad."
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Pretty much just chips. I have a hard time not binging on them, so I just don't buy them. Also, Tobasco flavored Cheez Its for the same reason.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Indian takeaway - Whilst i'm still losing weight.
    When I get to maintenance, I'll find a way! I'm determined! ;)

But to reach my weekly goals, an indian takeaway is just too high in.... EVERYTHING for me.
    Although very, very tasty!
  • k_nelson_24
    k_nelson_24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid pizza from restaurants because two slices is over half my dang calories for a day!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    no. i eat what i want.

now, a lot of times i make different CHOICES than i used to would have. I have one large meal a day as opposed to 2 or 3. I generally opt for a lighter salad dressing than a full calorie one, i use non stick food spray for cooking more often than butter or oil.

oh and i dont eat a tub of peanut butter in a day.

that does kind of make me sad, though...... ;)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I haven't eliminated anything, but there are certain foods I practically don't eat anymore which are so calorie dense that the amount I'd like to eat is not possible to fit in and/because there are so many other foods I enjoy and can eat to satiety.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I mostly don't drink calories, and I try to be mindful about anything high cal, especially if it's in the lower nutrient or "junk" food category and not eat it unless it's really worth it. So basically I have eliminated high cal foods I'm not that into.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I mostly don't drink calories,

okay, i didnt think about that. i did eliminate full calorie sodas and killed a nasty dr pepper habit..... LOL
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Yes. Potato chips. Specifically Utz brand ridges chips, nice and salty. lol. There no way I can just eat a small portion of them so it's best not to eat them at all.
  • BrianaDuBois
    BrianaDuBois Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Indian takeaway - Whilst i'm still losing weight.
    When I get to maintenance, I'll find a way! I'm determined! ;)

But to reach my weekly goals, an indian takeaway is just too high in.... EVERYTHING for me.
    Although very, very tasty!

I LOVE Indian food! I haven't cut it out. I'm making healthier versions of it myself! Skinnytaste has a chicken curry recipe that was delicious. Are large bowl of it was only ~250 calories. I made the chicken tikka masala from Skinnytaste, though, and it really wasn't good without a creamy sauce (loaded with heavy cream). That's on my list for something to eat when I'm in maintenance.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,532 Member
    Options
    I don't eat any raw broccoli or cauliflower anymore. I cook it up. And I've also did away with raw Kale (never cooked it, too nasty.) But that's cuz I noticed it caused me issues with my bad thyroid.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Hot dogs. I use to eat like three or four of those for lunch, with bread
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Sugary cereals because once I start, I can't stop eating them. And mostly sodas with sugar in them, but maybe once every couple of months I'll have a dr. Pepper or something.