Is there any one food or item you've completely eliminated from your diet?

Options

Replies

• Naomibunluv123
    Naomibunluv123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    gluten. not only do I have a sensitivity, it's just bad for you.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

why is it bad for me?

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

It's not bad for me.

• North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. I'm stubborn that way. ;-)
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    The only food I have eliminated for the most part is red meat, only because it upsets my stomach.

Otherwise, I eat everything I did before as long as it fits in my calories for the day.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

It's not bad for me.

Me either.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options

It's only bad for you if you have a problem processing it (sensitivity, celiac's, whatever). Period. End of story. I'm so tired of this fad. xD
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Caffeinated products, sugared drinks have been completely eliminated. Alcohol, starchy foods, "white" grains have been mostly eliminated.

Oh, and if it comes in a can or a box - probably eliminated, because I'm tired of the sodium bloat cycle.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of them I've eliminated, some for weight loss and some for health reasons, but only a couple I miss (and I can't have them even if I were in maintenance). As my daughter said, I just took a big dose of "get over it" and moved on.

Although, I'd have a coke filled with peanuts again, if I could. I'm pretty sure the love for that is genetic. ;)
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I no longer eat "diet" food like low fat milk, yogurt, cheeses and butter
    I just eat the full fat, but less
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Alcohol. At least, I'm trying to. It's only been 10 days.
  • ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I eliminated beef, pork, and poultry a few years ago for personal reasons.

I eliminated caffeine due to doctor's orders (benign heart arrhythmia). I already consumed it sparingly, as I have ongoing insomnia issues.

There are many foods I choose not to eat, usually due to calorie density or taste/texture issues, particularly anything that leaves my lips or mouth feeling greasy.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I have given up Pepsi. I did have a diet Pepsi (couple of refills) for lunch Friday. I didn't sleep well that night and craved it like a crazy woman all day Saturday. I don't think I will be drinking any caffeinated drinks any time soon.
  • khamiis
    khamiis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Soda went from the very beginning but apart from that there isn't anything I no longer eat other than pizza for some reason I can't operate a satisfactory portion control with it so it's just gone out the window maybe it's all that bread and cheese and oil.
  • SunshineBdoll
    SunshineBdoll Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes. I did an overhaul of my food just to test if it would make a difference. I didn't count calories for an entire week and the impact was huge. I come from a family that makes food a reason to hang out and bond. Butter, oil, fried, and baked cakes and cookies for days. Making pies from skratch, and even pizzas. After I realized how many calories were in everything, I made the choice that I'd rather eat more and be full. I also substitute things where I can to have that cheat effect. Also after eating clean for over a month I challenged gluten back in, and my migraines came back along with bloating, and more uncomfortable symptoms. I was hoping to be one of the lucky ones, but for now I believe that will be a once in a blue moon thing for me. I love life more without migraines.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Soda and juice
  • heatherlewisis
    heatherlewisis Posts: 118 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Indian takeaway - Whilst i'm still losing weight.
    When I get to maintenance, I'll find a way! I'm determined! ;)

But to reach my weekly goals, an indian takeaway is just too high in.... EVERYTHING for me.
    Although very, very tasty!

I LOVE Indian food! I haven't cut it out. I'm making healthier versions of it myself! Skinnytaste has a chicken curry recipe that was delicious. Are large bowl of it was only ~250 calories. I made the chicken tikka masala from Skinnytaste, though, and it really wasn't good without a creamy sauce (loaded with heavy cream). That's on my list for something to eat when I'm in maintenance.

Just a tip- in almost any recipe, fat free half n half
    Can be substituted for heavy cream... And a whole cup is only 160 calories as opposed to 821 for a cup of heavy cream! I used it when I made a copycat zuppa Toscana (like from Olive Garden) and it was really good!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I am somewhat addicted to Fresca, and had been drinking 2-3 cans a day, every day. Even though there are zero calories, I've learned how bad artificial sweeteners are, so I've taken them out of my diet completely.
    Anyone else cut anything out totally?

Bagels
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Kale.

snorts