Is there any one food or item you've completely eliminated from your diet?

Options

Replies

• Nanoo2013
    Nanoo2013 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have completely eliminated McDonald's and dark soda! 2 things I would normally have twice a day. It's been over a year for both! Yaaaay!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Indian takeaway - Whilst i'm still losing weight.
    When I get to maintenance, I'll find a way! I'm determined! ;)

I've actually not had this since I started (in Jan '14). And I used to have it at least once a week.

What I do instead is go out to an Indian restaurant about once a month, usually on a big workout weekend (twice I've gone as my pre half marathon meal). At first I tried going and just sticking to lower cal choices and no naan, but eh, I'd rather fit in a more indulgent dinner and not worry about it.
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat bread. Now when I do, I feel bloated.

I also rarely drink fruit juice, it I'm drinking calories, I want alcohol in them.

I never ban anything, just aware and portion size. Or substitute.

I don't eat / drink things I don't like, no matter how good for me... So no fruit or herbal teas, yuck...
  • AriesGal329
    AriesGal329 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    No.

Where did you "learn" how bad artificial sweeteners are?

From a licensed nutritionist.
  • owensy12
    owensy12 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Haven't eliminated anything. Just eating less.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    One item? That would be "regular overeating" :p
  • Texassage65
    Texassage65 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    No bananas for me! No sodas! No fried foods!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    No.

Suggest you change to a dietician with a recognised qualification.
    Or alternatively ask your "nutritionist" why it is that every food standard agency in the world disagrees with them.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Canned soups, simply due to very high sodium.
    I just make my own.

I eat everything I like in moderation. That was a much harder than actually eliminating..
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    While technically there's no foods I've arbitrarily cut out of my diet, there are quite a few that I choose not to eat/drink. Its quite easy to not eat foods that you don't want to eat.
  • AriesGal329
    AriesGal329 Posts: 236 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    No.

sijomial wrote: »
    No.

Suggest you change to a dietician with a recognised qualification.
    Or alternatively ask your "nutritionist" why it is that every food standard agency in the world disagrees with them.

Look, I don't want to get into anything here, but I think you are making a lot of assumptions. I know that the title "Nutritionist" can be used by people who have merely completed a course on line, but this person is a dietician, has her masters in nutrition and is highly regarded. But, having said that...let me rephrase my statement. Based on the information I received from a highly regarded dietician and nutritionist whom I admire and trust regarding how artificial sweeteners are made and how they affect the body, I have chosen for myself, and not to insinuate that I necessarily recommend it for others, that I will be eliminating them from my diet as much as possible. Is that OK?

Seriously...doesn't the word "artificial" speak for itself?
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Breads and baked goods. I am addicted to them. If I avoid them totally, I don't crave them after about three weeks. :'(

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Definitely, there are foods that I've stopped eating. I no longer drink regular sodas (or diet sodas). I no longer eat candy bars, candy, or pastries. Not worth it to me. It's been about 14 years now since I stopped my daily candy bar habit. Snickers was my go to. I also stopped eating most fast food about 14 years ago.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Soda and juice. Alcohol too I guess as I haven't justified the calorie hit for it in two years.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I haven't really cut out any foods, I have however cut out my daily morning run to Dunkin Donuts for a large coffee and a sausage/egg/cheese croissant! That was over 1/2 my calories for a day.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Grains and almost everything man made that has added sugars
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    While I use an absurd amount of artificial sweeteners, and I know all of the tests have been done on rats and human studies haven't shown any harm, I think it's awfully naive to think that there isn't some downside to them.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Nothing I cut out completely. I drink diet soda all the time and I love it.
  • ShandaLeaS
    ShandaLeaS Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Sweet tea and regular Coke but only because I don't have the will power to only have in moderation. 1 sweet tea=me drinking a gallon of it literally
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Salt ( but that was because of a medical issues) At this moment slowly trying out adding some salt...very carefully

For the rest nope

95069916.png