A water WTF!?!

2»

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    I always ask for a pint of water with lemon in restaurants. After that, the server treats me badly because they think I'm cheap.
  • wilyz
    wilyz Posts: 37
    Put the water down...drink beer! Lite beer o' course.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Since we live in the desert, most place have large cups available for water and nobody looks at you funny for just ordering water. That being said, I usually order non-sweet tea at restaurants.
  • Lsng4good
    Lsng4good Posts: 86 Member
    I went to a really intense Kettlebell class last week and was dying of thirst afterwards. I went to a nearby Wendy's and asked for a large ice water. She's looking at me, in work out clothes, sweating horribly with a bright red face and....she gets a Dixie cup size for water. I told her "Ma'am, look at me. I'm thirsty. Can I have a large?" She says "Water comes in a small cup" to which i replied, "That makes absolutely no sense. I will PAY for a large cup if the 15 cent large cup is the problem!" She rolled her eyes and gave me a large.

Our society is so messed up!! I'm very glad that someone else noticed this absurdity and posted about it!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Ha! Ha! I know, its crazy.

One of my fav restaurants doesn't even serve water.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    I know right! It's bad on airplanes too. You ask for water and they give you this little cup. I usually drink it in 1 gulp real quick and give it back to be refilled. :blushing:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    It's not too bad at here in the uk. I even went somewhere where they gave you a bottle of complementary fitered water on arrival... Just wish I remembered where!

I do feel bad for ordering tap water, as I know that's where a lot of their profit comes from, especially in small local restaurants. If there is an interesting, non-alcoholic option i'll take it, but often there isn't.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    I manage a Dunkin Donuts.
    We have to charge 34 cents (for cup, lid, straw, ice, our time, etc) but we use the 24 oz cup and will even use the 32 oz if someone asks, no problem...
    and sometimes I give it for free if its hot out and the person has no money on them. I don't want to be responsible for dehydration...or if its for someone's dog...the person can go to the drinking fountain nearby but the dog needs a container to drink out of....or if someone needs a cup of hot water to warm a baby bottle....

I guess I bend the rules a lot, but oh well...lol
    But in general it's 34 cents for a huge ice water.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    There is nothing special about bottled water so it's generally as easy to bring your filtered water from home thats pennies a gallon. Stainless steel reuseable for the win.
This discussion has been closed.