Is this ok or am I going too hard?

Options
inmoonlightdreams
inmoonlightdreams Posts: 11 Member
edited September 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm 24, female, taking hydroxycut max women, 1500mg garcinia Cambogia, and doing p90x 2. On top of that I'm doing a 1000 calorie diet (healthy/clean eating is a lot of food and on the pills I don't feel hungry past 1000 some I've cut out calorie drinks). I'm not over exerting myself even on workouts, I'm sitting down at work, pace myself, cook and clean at home. I'm wondering if I'm over doing it.
The reason I ask is my mother gets surgery, had her stomach/back/butt/thighs done and now is doing p90x 3. She is fit and always putting me down for my weight. I'm trying and doing good, she even was encouraging me until she found out I'll be 2 sizes smaller than her current body she paid for, even though I'm shorter. She's saying I'm unhealthy but I'm really looking into what I'm doing and not doing anything I don't feel good with. So am I over doing this?
Edit: I eat more if I'm hungry, I'm usually not. I can eat up to 1300 on days with a really hard workout. And the pills are helping me, even if it's just a placebo.

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    You're taking pills that really don't do what they claim, failing to fuel yourself appropriately yet still have to ask if you're doing this wrong?
  • Venus_Red
    Venus_Red Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    The pills you are taking won't do a thing - and you are probably not eating enough to fuel your body.

Not touching the unhealthy relationship you obvs have with your Mom.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    1000 calorie intake is really really low. Recommended intake for females is 1200 a day. I would also cut out the weight loss pills/supplements. They're placebos and you're just wasting money. I can't really say anything about p90, though my sister and her husband did well on it, so if that's helping, go for it.

My question is, why worry about what your mom thinks? If you're in a healthy weight range and are comfortable, then it's not her business. If you're concerned, talk to your doctor and get their opinion. They're in a much better position to give you advice than the internet. And that way, if she complains, just say you're following doctor's orders. Kinda hard to argue with that!
  • myheartsabattleground
    Options
    You're taking pills that really don't do what they claim, failing to fuel yourself appropriately yet still have to ask if you're doing this wrong?

amen.
  • inmoonlightdreams
    Options
    The pills help me, at least the placebo effect does. and I eat more if I'm hungry but don't feel it most of the time.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I think you ARE going at it too hard.

You don't need the Hydroxycut or the Garcinia Cambogia. All you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit, but you should net at least 1200 calories a day to make sure you are getting the nutrition you need.

If you lose weight too fast, you are not only losing fat, but you are also losing muscle.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if you just want to throw your money away, i can give you my paypal address.....
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm 24, female, taking hydroxycut max women, 1500mg garcinia Cambogia, and doing p90x 2. On top of that I'm doing a 1000 calorie diet (healthy/clean eating is a lot of food and on the pills I don't feel hungry past 1000 some I've cut out calorie drinks). I'm not over exerting myself even on workouts, I'm sitting down at work, pace myself, cook and clean at home. I'm wondering if I'm over doing it.
    The reason I ask is my mother gets surgery, had her stomach/back/butt/thighs done and now is doing p90x 3. She is fit and always putting me down for my weight. I'm trying and doing good, she even was encouraging me until she found out I'll be 2 sizes smaller than her current body she paid for, even though I'm shorter. She's saying I'm unhealthy but I'm really looking into what I'm doing and not doing anything I don't feel good with. So am I over doing this?
    How are you measuring your calories? Are you weighing your foods or using more generic entries? How much weight have you been losing per week?

From the sounds of everything, I'd say you're overdoing it. I'm 23 right now and messed myself up (I'd rather not get into specifics) a few years ago eating around 800-1200 calories for nearly a year. I'm eating a lot more than that right now and still losing according to Trendweight.

I would quit the Hydroxycut and Garcinia. They're both useless.

I'd recommended reading these posts and speaking to a doctor.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    The pills help me, at least the placebo effect does. and I eat more if I'm hungry but don't feel it most of the time.

At the very least find yourself a cheaper placebo then
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Stop wasting money on scams, get an appointment with a dietitian because you desperately need to figure out what a healthy diet looks like regarding calories and get a therapist to help you deal with your mother. I am not being sarcastic or trying to be funny, you need help. When you are in the middle of a very dysfunctional relationship, even more so when you are raised in such an environment, the problem is you cannot even realise what the problem is and end up hurting yourself in an attempt to fix the wrong things. Stop starving yourself and learn to deal with your mother.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an accident looking for a place to have it
  • inmoonlightdreams
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Stop wasting money on scams, get an appointment with a dietitian because you desperately need to figure out what a healthy diet looks like regarding calories and get a therapist to help you deal with your mother. I am not being sarcastic or trying to be funny, you need help. When you are in the middle of a very dysfunctional relationship, even more so when you are raised in such an environment, the problem is you cannot even realise what the problem is and end up hurting yourself in an attempt to fix the wrong things. Stop starving yourself and learn to deal with your mother.

I'm not starving, I'm so full usually, just trying to make 1000 makes me feel sick. I usually easy 1400 when I'm not dieting, I don't eat allot to begin with. My mom's words are dumb, I know that, I was just asking if that for someone like new who doesn't eat a lot naturally, if I'm over doing it. I have spoken to a dietician, I should have mentioned that in my post. I'm actually encouraged by them. Yes them I've seen more than one.
  • inmoonlightdreams
    Options

At the very least find yourself a cheaper placebo then[/quote]

I might, they are easy to get and money isn't a problem for me, just what I used
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    With all due respect, you should tell your mom to go dig a hole.

What does your dietitian think about the supplements?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    What's your height, how are you measuring your foods to get your daily calorie count, and how much weight are you losing per week?
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Come and sit down with Aunt WBB and let me give you some advice that will make a huge difference for the rest of your life:

You are an adult. (1) Stop comparing yourself to your mother and caring what she thinks. Think for yourself. (2) Google "effects of VLCD" and ask yourself if those are the kind of effects you're looking for.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

I'm not starving, I'm so full usually, just trying to make 1000 makes me feel sick. I usually easy 1400 when I'm not dieting, I don't eat allot to begin with. My mom's words are dumb, I know that, I was just asking if that for someone like new who doesn't eat a lot naturally, if I'm over doing it. I have spoken to a dietician, I should have mentioned that in my post. I'm actually encouraged by them. Yes them I've seen more than one.

If this were true you wouldn't have 65 pounds to lose. If you're not weighing out your food with a scale and using proper MFP entries, you're most likely eating a lot more than you think.
  • inmoonlightdreams
    Options
    synacious wrote: »

If this were true you wouldn't have 65 pounds to lose. If you're not weighing out your food with a scale and using proper MFP entries, you're most likely eating a lot more than you think.

I do, my metabolism is great at staying at my weight. I had gained this weight when I had a personal problem that I was dealing with, that led me into starvation mode. When I was coming off starvation mode I gained the weight. You don't know all the facts, and not every body works the same.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    umm. . isn't starvation mode a myth?
  • inmoonlightdreams
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »
    umm. . isn't starvation mode a myth?

If you count eating 1400 calories a day to 200, not really. Your body holds all the nutrients it can. And going next day back on 1400 made me gain weight like crazy.