Goal of Losing 55 Pounds by end of year

2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,940 Member
    skrace wrote: »
    So you are saving I starved? My fitness pal calculated 1200 calories for me to lose on here its not that different. I assure you I didnt starve and we still had pizza every friday night. I remember it like it was yesterday.
    1000 calories a day for a person 5'9" at 34 years old at the time...................yes. And you can eat pizza and lose weight. You just have to be in a REASONABLE calorie deficit.
    I've had friends that were very slim who ate nothing but pizza and M&M's, but they ate like once a day and not in large portions. Hard to get fat on 800 calories a day, but that's also an issue of not getting in the right macros/micro nutrients one needs for essential health.
    People with eating disorders will always claim they aren't starving. Should I believe them because they say it?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    May I ask why you are so against this challenge? People on biggest loser committed and lose quickly.
    Sure. And out of the 200+ contestants that have been on the show, 90% of them gained back a SIGNIFICANT amount of weight or more (including the winners). The only people they have on the show from past seasons are the 10% who stayed somewhat within range. That's not deception, right?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    I think the new studies are showing gut bacteria plays a major role in obesity. So eliminating the sugary drinks and drinking fermented tea and eating peppers can most certainly effect gut bacteria and thus metabolism.
    Somehow I'm more sure that over consumption is the reason for obesity and not gut bacteria since human physiology is pretty consistent (if no health issues are present) with every human on Earth. The same foods in the US are available to other countries outside of it. These countries just don't have people that eat portion sizes that feed 3 of them.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • Lwilso87
    Lwilso87 Posts: 16 Member
    I would love to get in on this challenge. Please anyone feel free to add me.
  • hundredthirty
    hundredthirty Posts: 1 Member
    Hey y'all :) I'm 20 years old and trying to lose 55 lbs by new years! I would to help support y'all and join this journey with y'all!! <3