The struggle is REAL

Options
This morning, my boss asked me to go get breakfast tacos and kolaches for some of our staff. I chose to eat a banana instead of a kolache. I'm having the biggest mental struggle right now... the struggle is REAL!! But I've made a decision to change my lifestyle. And I will not falter from my decision. Cheers to all of you who have successfully changed your lifestyles. Any additional advice is much appreciated! #lordhelpme

Replies

• adopp062715
    adopp062715 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I know your pain. There are bagels and pastries here today and I want one but not as badly as I want to lose. I'm staying away and chugging my water. Keep strong!
  • lgraham66
    lgraham66 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The struggle is really real, I also work where there is food all the time. Just keep logging and know what is more important! Good Luck
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Had to walk past peach cobbler all day Sunday and Monday. It's awesome, but not worth overeating at this point.
  • maggiemay530
    maggiemay530 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't work anymore but remember those temptations! Now, whatever is here in the house is what I have available. Believe it or not, there are chips, brownies and who knows what else in my pantry and I have no interest... I cannot have pastries with creamy fillings, or pies or doughnuts etc. Bravo to you who have those in your face daily and avoid them. I honestly identify!
  • dazlindiva630347
    dazlindiva630347 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I also feel your pain... I work in a catering unit and Im surrounded by delicous treats 8 hrs a day 5 days a week, The struggle is very very real! We all just need to keep focused on our goals and stay strong! This is why I am finding this app amazing, its showing me Im not the only one and is keeping me motivated!!! We will all get there with each others support and positive vibes.... WE CAN DO IT!!
  • carla1522
    carla1522 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Glad to know I'm not alone!
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Deprivation has not worked very well for me, so I would've just fit the kolache into my calorie goals for today if I wanted one.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It gets easier!

It is hard. You may even slip or go through periods where you fail. Most people do.

But it can be done if you stay strong and really want to do it. And as time goes on, it really, REALLY does get easier.

One day, you'll be wondering why it was so hard. :)
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    What is a kaloche?
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I consider many items off limits for me. There are times when healthy options are limited. I eat breakfast at home and carry a snack. The only other option is to reduce the portion that you take, difficult but possible.
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    If the resteraunt he got the food from has nutrition info you could simply fit it in your daily calories
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    suziecue20 wrote: »
    What is a kaloche?

py62cyev3yjl.jpg
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    carla1522 wrote: »
    This morning, my boss asked me to go get breakfast tacos and kolaches for some of our staff. I chose to eat a banana instead of a kolache. I'm having the biggest mental struggle right now... the struggle is REAL!! But I've made a decision to change my lifestyle. And I will not falter from my decision. Cheers to all of you who have successfully changed your lifestyles. Any additional advice is much appreciated! #lordhelpme

Would it have fit in your calorie goals?

If yes, what's wrong with eating a kolache?

If no, then so be it. :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Had to walk past peach cobbler all day Sunday and Monday. It's awesome, but not worth overeating at this point.

For me, therein lies the point. Some foods I eat just fine in moderation, other foods I just want to overeat them. I always have the choice, but I do play mind games with myself whether or not I choose to engage in said food I love to overeat. :)
  • carla1522
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

For me, therein lies the point. Some foods I eat just fine in moderation, other foods I just want to overeat them. I always have the choice, but I do play mind games with myself whether or not I choose to engage in said food I love to overeat. :)

I agree COMPLETELY! I can't have just 1 kolache. It's nearly impossible. I can pass up lots of stuff and it's fine, but moderation is a big thing for me and I just haven't mastered it yet.
  • carla1522
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    I consider many items off limits for me. There are times when healthy options are limited. I eat breakfast at home and carry a snack. The only other option is to reduce the portion that you take, difficult but possible.

I bring my lunch to work every day with healthy snacks, otherwise I know I'll make bad choices. But man, kolaches!!
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Every time they have donuts in the lab I eat one. I then look at my log and see if I care or not. Sometimes I work it off by walking between the buildings, sometimes I just eat less later, and sometimes I say screw it, I'm only going to lose 1.4lb this week instead of 1.5lb this week.

Its all about knowing what you are doing and making conscious choices.
  • DeguelloTex
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

I had 300 grams each day. I literally could have eaten ten times as much. I could've eaten all the peach cobbler in the house and probably more than was there.

I guess I'm saving those calories for chocolate pie on Thanksgiving, at which I will eat the whole damned pie by Friday afternoon.

• JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of a breakfast taco. Is it like a breakfast burrito but not rolled up?
  • DeguelloTex
    Options
    carla1522 wrote: »
    rsclause wrote: »

I bring my lunch to work every day with healthy snacks, otherwise I know I'll make bad choices. But man, kolaches!!
    I hear you. For some reason, I always need gas when I drive through West.