Dog owners on MFP

Options
withchaco
withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
Who else has a dog? I want to see some pictures of your furry, tail-wagging friend(s), talk about all the wonderful and not-so-wonderful things they bring into our lives, etc.

I'll start...
I live with a female Alaskan Malamute named Chaco. She will be 2 years old on July 26th!
She was this big when I first got her at 8 weeks old:
chaco_090919-b.jpg

11 months later...!
chaco_100825b.jpg

(Yes, that's me in the first pic, and no, that's my cousin the second pic... not me. I haven't lost THAT much weight yet!)

She is my third malamute, by far the most energetic and most baby-like in personality. She LOVES meeting people :) Sometimes I take her to Woodbury Commons (an outdoor mall) just so she can meet lots of people.

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Aaah! You have a GORGEOUS animal!!!! :D Let me dig up some of my favorite doggies!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Holly cow, she's big! It looks so much like a husky. How much Chaco weight? I'm guessing more than I do :-)
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    You dont need a picture of mine cos he looks just like yours (although maybe a bit bigger) lol
  • Rockstar_rabbit
    Options
    Love it! I have two dogs too. I don't know how to post pixs here :sad:
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful dog you have!!! I inherited my dog, when my daughter had an accident. She's fine now, and visits him, but I can't give him up... I love him.
  • yodacho
    yodacho Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is my dog Ginger - German Shepherd/Collie/Husky mix. Very smart, fun loving, great sense of humor, and mischievous. Is 13 1/2. The picture is her telling me she would like some of my dinner, please.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    RylieandBailey.jpg Rylie (Australian Cattle Dog) is my girl on the left. The one of the right is one my mommy fosters

Ryliepoopybutt.jpg Rylie in the cold! She needs a jacket :)

Raygeninsnow.jpg The gorgeous and lovable Raygen (Australian Cattle Dog) <3

Rykersnow.jpg Ryker (Border Collie) or as I call him, my favorite aardvark :D

I WOULD show a picture of the second border collie but apparently MFP is editing his name because a certain four letter work for the male anatomy is included in it. D:<
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Awwww! So jealous of the snuggling picture. I lost my Siberian Husky, Kenai last September. I miss snuggling up to him like that most of all. Your dog is so beautiful!
  • HisBeloved65
    HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
    Options
    We have a 6 yr old chocolate lab/female named Kessie. she is about 85 lbs and yes, she is a lap down. when I am able to walk to is willing to walk up and down and up and down the neighbors driveway (we live out in the country so walking on the roads is not safe) she is a great joy in our lives!
    i dont know how to post a pic within this message.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    3 Australian Shepherds 2 brother and sister recently turned 3 in april and a 8 year old male turned in may (not as big a fan of the 8 year old the little girl is mine )

when they were puppies

puppies.jpg

3 years later

mB.jpg

My little Girl :)

IMG_0213.jpg

the 3 together

dogs.jpg
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    Your Dog is beautiful..and I can tell you take great care of her. I have 2 German Shorthaired Pointers. A 12.5 year old and her 7.5 year old granddaughter. And I have no clue as to how to post pics. But you can see them on my web page Kimskennel.com
  • zooflute
    zooflute Posts: 50
    Options
    What gorgeous dogs!

I'm not having any luck posting a photo.
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Here is my little guy. Completely detrimental to weight loss, because all he wants to do is sit on your lap. His name is Nano, but he's an enormous Pomeranian... 16 pounds. He's not fat, he's just BIG, haha.
    VintageNano-small.jpg
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    OMG I Love this idea. PUPPIES! These are my two brats (and of course I'll have to show off the baby pictures)

Jackpot as a puppy...not sure what mix he is, we got him as a stray.

l.jpg

He's about 5 yrs old now...and this is him sleeping with our puppy chaos we just got last year.

17345_108164202533511_100000197965864_212140_4841489_n.jpg

Chaos again as a puppy (he was so cute! Then he grew up haha)

19145_108034272546504_100000197965864_208677_3716484_n.jpg

He just turned 1 last December 2010. He thinks he is a small lap dog, and is ALWAYS sitting on our daughters lap or sleeping on her lap.

73090_172979722718625_100000197965864_639724_8293768_n.jpg
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Your Malamute looks like the Siberian Husky that we had who passed away 7 years ago.
    We now have a Coton De' Tulear (same family as a lasha apso) who is my shadow & travel partner.
    Our son got a pure white shepperd/husky mix that has blue eyes a year ago from the pound. They found him under a tractor & he was black with grease & mud.
    I don't know how to post pictures of I would of our coton de' tulear & husky mix.
  • zooflute
    zooflute Posts: 50
    Options
    Here's my doggy. I got her to help me exercise:

ZarapupWithPack.jpg
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Everyone has such beautiful dogs! I have been thinking of getting a dog who is more suited to exercise. Nano is a couch potato, though I take him out for short walks.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    @NeuroticVirgo - Chaos is definitely an Austalian Cattle Dog mix! How cuuuute! :D
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    We just rescued Jet in April. We are loving him! He's 4 years old, house-trained and just awesome. He came to us very underweight, but in 2 months he's gained almost 8 pounds! YAY!!

Today was our nature hike...he had a good time.

191-Copy.jpg

112-1.jpg
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is my dog Ginger - German Shepherd/Collie/Husky mix. Very smart, fun loving, great sense of humor, and mischievous. Is 13 1/2. The picture is her telling me she would like some of my dinner, please.

What an interesting mix there. Beautiful dog