Does This Happen to Anyone Else?

Options
Hi sometimes when I'm way under my calorie goal (like today I only had 200 cals) and I try to submit my diary but it gives me a message saying "You have not consumed enough calories today." and the diary will not post in my feed as submitted. However if I'am over my calorie goal then the diary will post! Is this because I had too low of calories or is there a glitch that needs to be fixed? I'd like to have all my diaries post because it just doesn't look organized in my feed lol. Thanks for your help!!!

Replies

• Ajirvin
    Ajirvin Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yea it's done this to me. It's healthier to consume your recommended calories, so if you don't consume at least 1200 calories, MFP will fuss at you and not let you finish. Very bad to only have 200 calories! Your body will go into starvation mode. (Not trying to preach, I've just been there, trying to give advice).
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    the site can't recommend a calorie total under 1200, so it doesn't "advertise" it when you finish with a low calorie total.

The site is set up to not promote undereating disorders, though there may be legit reasons to finish a day under 1200 cals.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Hi sometimes when I'm way under my calorie goal (like today I only had 200 cals) and I try to submit my diary but it gives me a message saying "You have not consumed enough calories today." and the diary will not post in my feed as submitted. However if I'am over my calorie goal then the diary will post! Is this because I had too low of calories or is there a glitch that needs to be fixed? I'd like to have all my diaries post because it just doesn't look organized in my feed lol. Thanks for your help!!!

Sorry, Miss, but you have a eating disorder and MFP doesn't want to promote that lifestyle!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    MFP won't endorse you eating like someone with anorexia. So stop it, eat human amounts, and your completed diary will post just fine.
  • DerangedPixi
    DerangedPixi Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    200 calories? How did you not eat someone's face?

You are a 19 year old man, you need to eat way more than 200 calories.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    That happens to me. My nutritionist wants me to eat no more than a calorie count that I won't mention here lest my post get nuked. I'm used to it, though.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Eat more. End of story.

It's not a defect in the app, it's a defect in your diet.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    6xl5notvf36s.jpg

200 calories in one day? Seriously dude, eat more. That is absurd. I am probably not the first person to tell you this, and I am sure that I won't be the last.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I think you just found a solution. If you post less than 1200 calories in your diary, you get no response. If you post it in here, you get all kinds of responses.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    while sometimes i do eat less than 1200 cals, it's not on purpose and it's not frequent.

Please eat more than 200 calories. It's not healthy
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    it is normal, it happens to me on the days i don't hit at least 1000 calories (you have to eat/log at least 1000 calories for it to complete your day & post to your diary..at least that is the way it is for me as a female at 1200 calories).. kinda glad it does that, makes me go eat more food like i should be doing.
    Since i don't have to eat a lot of them, i will go eat some raw walnuts. they are great for when you need to make your calorie goal but, are really not hungry for whatever reason.

200 calories? going to assume there was suppose to be a 1 typed in front of that number..
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I hope that's a typo and you meant to say that you were 200 calories under, not that you only consumed 200 calories all day?
  • AlwaysOnline6200
    Options
    Hi everyone thanks for replying!!! I know I should eat more but I never feel like getting up for breakfast and lunch so I just eat dinner lol. Thanks again for your help!
  • AlwaysOnline6200
    Options
    6xl5notvf36s.jpg

200 calories in one day? Seriously dude, eat more. That is absurd. I am probably not the first person to tell you this, and I am sure that I won't be the last.
    I LOVE that meme!!!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Not sure why MFP promotes the 1200 calorie broscience

to keep the ignorant from starving themselves into illness.
  • auroracrew
    auroracrew Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone thanks for replying!!! I know I should eat more but I never feel like getting up for breakfast and lunch so I just eat dinner lol. Thanks again for your help!

Honestly you probably don't feel like getting up because you have no energy, because you don't eat enough. Make the effort to get out of bed in the morning, and contribute to society and to your own well being.