what's the sorest you have ever been?

Options
2»

Replies

• peytjalmom
    peytjalmom Posts: 76
    Options
    Sore for two days after squats. Gave out in pain and plopped the last 4 inches down to the toilet seat and screamed out in pain while pushing the clutch in my car. Tried not to go out of second gear! Just putted around for a couple days.
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    before I got pregnant with my son, I was in a bootcamp, and my awesome trainer made us do sumo lunges/side steps..... I couldn't sit down for days, and it physically hurt my legs to sit on the toilet.... probably lasted about 3 days
  • muriah2
    muriah2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The first time I ever worked with a trainer, I did lots of arm exercises. The next day my arms hurt so bad, and I couldn't raise them or straighten them for days. My uncle told me the name of the tendons that I had hurt, and said I should steer clear of working my arms for about 6 weeks. I had to take about four days off of working my arms but I got back to it and healed up just fine.
  • linhanh
    linhanh Posts: 1
    Options
    After a 30 minute intensive ab class. Abs are my weak point and it hurt to get up from a chair or the bed or laugh for four days.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I've been so sore that I couldn't walk down the stairs---or it was VERY difficult. The soreness lasted about 4 days but it subsided by day 2. Now I take BCAAs when I know I will workout hard. This has really helped minimize the soreness.
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I would have to say my worst was after I did the 3 day breast cancer walk. After sitting in the car ride home everything froze up and I my hubby had to carry me up the stairs after finding me on all fours trying to crawl up them because my knees, hips, and feet hurt so bad. I didn't work through that one. My next worse would be the second time I ever went snowboarding. Every muscle in my body hurt. It hurt to breath. It hurt to just exist. I didn't work through that pain either. Normal workout extreme soreness I have worked through but those two was all about rest, water, ice and ibuprofen!
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago after my first Kettle Bell work out. Ouch, Hurt to sit down for 2-3 days
  • jen_42
    jen_42 Posts: 26
    Options
    After walking ..very fast pace for 60mins, boxing then squads ..damn hurt...trying to go to the loo was the worst.. :blushing:
    love the hurt..it knows i have down a workout that has done my body good!.. the best way for it to go away is todo it all again..that way ur body gets used to it quicker..only lasts a few days..
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    About a month ago after my 1st lower body strength training routine (part of the 12 week body transformation plan on bodybuilding.com). I literally had to waddle and hop down my stairs and had to hover to pee (tmi). I considered myself to already be in great shape as it was only a month ago... but it totally kicked my butt and it was the sorest I have ever been in my life.

Before that, the worst time was the first time I did Day 1 of the 30DS when I first started MFP at around 190lbs. I was totally out of shape and I was sore for a few days after that one, almost as bad as the time a month ago.
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The day after my first day of 30 day shred I had rode my bike for 60 min that day as well as doing my regular exercise routine which was over an hour by itself. I still exercised the next day it was a bit harder but I got through it. That was full body I have had my legs so sore I had issues walking down the stairs but I had done 80 proper squats in a matter of 20 min. that I skipped a day and just went back at it the day after still sore as hell.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    After day 1 of 30 Day Shred. That was my first real work out in about 5 years (how sad is that?) and it totally kicked my butt. I had to hold onto the railing to get up and down the stairs. It lasted a few days and yes, I worked through it. Doing the 30DS again actually eased the soreness a little.
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    my first day of the 30DS way back in january. i couldn't walk properly for 2-3 days, my body kept shaking. it was ridiculous! sometimes i'm still a bit shakey after workouts but not like that.
  • MoonShadow_1au
    MoonShadow_1au Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Every time I have a long break from the gym and then go back I almost always over do it and the next few days are killer, but there was one time I started back with a PT (a real hard one). By the time I got down stairs to the showers I realized I could not lift my arms to wash myself.

But for absolute pain (and I assume we are talking after exercise or attempting to exercise) it would have to be when I fell of my stationary bike. Trying to get on it shifted and I over compensated in the wrong direction. Fell only my hip and bruised the bone which took 3 months to heal. Thank god for doctors who like to prescribe pain killers 8)
  • Jennys511
    Jennys511 Posts: 4
    Options
    After one of my kick boxing classes. It lasted about 3-4 days for me. What I noticed in the class is that if I worked out tues night and then again on wed night I wouldn't get sore but if I'd skip wed then I'd wake up soar on thursday. Weird if you ask me. :)
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Has to be yesterday and today, did 50 pushups and 300 bicycle crunches and ran 5 miles. I could only eat a bowel of cereal last night i hurt so bad. Tossed and turned alllllllllll night and this morning i feel like ive gone several rounds with a UFC Champion. But its a good sore just gotta figure out how im gonna get dressed for church lol.
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    During my first week of Insanity. I had to lean on the sink in order to sit my butt down on the toilet lol and one night I just slept on the couch because I didn't want to deal with the pain of walking up the stairs. I pushed through it though and it went away as my body got stronger.
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Has to be today. I walked an 8 mile trail with my 27 lb niece in a carry pack on my back. It wasn't to bad down hill it was the 4 mile hike back up that totally kicked my butt. Plus I had my son with me and when he got tired I actually carried him in the front for a good 20 - 30 mins ( he's only 3) wth was I thinking lol. So needless to say every muscle in my body hurts today lol. I do have a training session later this afternoon which I will go to, but I am nervous about that lol.