5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    9/1 Strength training and elliptical
    9/2 6.5 miles (6 at 11:29 and .5 at 15:00) on the treadmill
    9/3 4.5 miles at 11:59 on the treadmill
    9/4 3 miles at 11:00 on the treadmill and strength training
    9/5 Rest Day

9/6 5 miles-nice trail run with 4 at 11:35(ish) and 1 walking
    9/7 1.5 miles at 12:00 with my 10 year old.
    9/8 1.5 miles super-slow walking on the treadmill on max incline plus strength training
    9/9 7.75 miles on my local park trail at 12:33 I decided to give my hip flexors a break and wore my bouncy shoes instead of my trail shoes and tried a 3:1 run/walk interval. The nice thing about intervals is that they break things up and gave me something to look forward to. The disadvantage is that 12:33 is pretty slow, even for me.

Goal: 75 miles

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options

9/9 7.75 miles on my local park trail at 12:33 I decided to give my hip flexors a break and wore my bouncy shoes instead of my trail shoes and tried a 3:1 run/walk interval. The nice thing about intervals is that they break things up and gave me something to look forward to. The disadvantage is that 12:33 is pretty slow, even for me.

Goal: 75 miles

Not to me it's not :-) Skip and I did a 12:50 on our trail run this weekend. Though I have to admit there was a lot of look at that, cool, take pictures, did you stop your watch going on LOL. Great run!

• madilws
    madilws Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Joining in a little late but I really like this idea. I'm relatively new to running, aiming for 30 km this month (don't know what that is in miles, despite driving in miles I like to run in km XD) and so far done:
    05/09 - 2.62km
    08/09 - 10.07km
    Today's run was cool, only my second ever 10k training run so to scrape 6 minutes off my last time was fab (yes I'm slow, but I enjoy it)
    12.69km done, 17.31 +km to go!
  • estepicursor
    estepicursor Posts: 500 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    09/02--3 miles
    09/05--3 miles
    09/08--4 miles

10 miles down, 30 miles to go.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Managed to fit that long run in after a 10am meeting, so it was an extended lunch. Work only called once while I was out!:smile:

9/1 - 6 mile steady run (6 total)
    9/2 - 4 mile easy run (10 total)
    9/3 - 8.5 mile long run (18.5 total)
    9/5 - 13 mile long run (31.5 total)
    9/6 - 4 mile easy run (35.5 total)
    9/7 - 4.5 miles fartleks (40 total)
    9/8 - 4 mile easy run (44 total)
    9/9 - 9 mile long run (53 total)

Goal 166 miles

exercise.png

• aprilcanrun
    aprilcanrun Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Ran 10km tonight, my longest non-stop run to date. Did it in about 70 minutes and felt pretty good the entire way round. Beautiful sunset along the beach and good company made the time fly! Never thought I would be saying that :)
    exercise.png[\img]
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    ACSL3 wrote: »
    Are there any HRMs out there that connect to a watch via bluetooth? I use digifit on my phone during my runs and I have a HRM that's a chest strap only and connects with digifit via bluetooth. The problem is that I can't wear my phone on my arm because it rubs and causes injury so I use one of those belt-type things that has a pocket for phones. I can't look at it easily to see my HR or distance though. So I'm wondering if there's a HRM out there that has a watch I can wear but will also connect to digifit on my phone.

Not sure about bluetooth. Garmin connects to any ANT+ enabled HRM. I believe that is how most watches connect to a HRM, but I am not possitive on this.

EDITED: I found this that might fight your needs:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sport-Cardio-Connect-Womens-Heart/dp/B008EX4P74/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1441806836&sr=8-11&keywords=runtastic+heart+rate+monitor

Thanks! I'll look into it :)
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Ran 10km tonight, my longest non-stop run to date. Did it in about 70 minutes and felt pretty good the entire way round. Beautiful sunset along the beach and good company made the time fly! Never thought I would be saying that :)
    exercise.png[\img]

Well done on the run :-) My run buddy and I are planning a 9 km run tomorrow evening which will my first ever of that length too. We've been running about 36 mins for 4.5 km so a sub-80 mins would be good but is doubtful. Only aim is to finish and not stop on the way :-)

• annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    September goal 100km
    9/1—Rest
    9/2–-5.3 km
    9/3–-6.24 km
    9/4—exploring
    9/5—rest, exhausted from exploring couldn’t get my butt up
    9/6—12.5 km, walked three times, but that’s okay
    9/7—rest
    9/8–5.06 km
    9/9–5.44 km
    9/10–5.15 km
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options

Not to me it's not :-) Skip and I did a 12:50 on our trail run this weekend. Though I have to admit there was a lot of look at that, cool, take pictures, did you stop your watch going on LOL. Great run!

Trail runs really are different beasts, aren't they? This park trail I was on is only a little hilly and the actual terrain is either gravel or packed dirt (and some bits are paved). I actually run more like 13:30-14 on a *real* trail--mostly because I'm climbing over ginormous tree trunks and steps that are graded for giants...and I'm afraid of falling down the steep hills!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options

Trail runs really are different beasts, aren't they? This park trail I was on is only a little hilly and the actual terrain is either gravel or packed dirt (and some bits are paved). I actually run more like 13:30-14 on a *real* trail--mostly because I'm climbing over ginormous tree trunks and steps that are graded for giants...and I'm afraid of falling down the steep hills!

They sure are. I never wear my glasses when I run, but I had to I was afraid I'd fall over a root or something. :smile:
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @9voice9 dang, I couldn't find the original post on what happened. I trust you are alright?

I was side-swiped while running last Thursday. No breaks/fractures, but except for a trial run on Saturday, I haven't been running since (waiting for better healing).

That sounds like a scary ordeal. I'd have PTSD from such an event. Glad you're doing well and taking it cautiously.
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Was in the hot south, and just snagged a new triathlon bike (as I've committed to both a 70.3 and full ironman next year), so I've been putting in much more time in the saddle to help get adjusted to the more aerodynamic body positioning. Regardless, just arrived back in the relatively cooler north this afternoon (and away from my tri bike), so I should be spending more time on the trails & track in my sneakers, and am hoping to get in 50-60 miles this week.

9/1 - 5 easy miles
    9/2 - 6 miles total (1.5 run + 4.5 run)
    9/3 - 11 miles total (1.5 run + 4 run + 5.5 run)
    9/6 - 6 miles
    9/7 - 5.5 miles
    9/9 - 5 miles

Total: 38.5 miles
    Goal: 150 miles, 5 speedwork sessions
    Remaining: 112.5 miles, 5 speedwork sessions
  • rogue024
    rogue024 Posts: 1,484 Member
    Options
    September goal: 35 miles

9/1 - 3.1 miles
    9/2 - strength day
    9/3 - 2 miles
    9/4 - strength day
    9/5 - 4 miles
    9/6 - hiking (2.5 hours)
    9/7 - 3 miles
    9/8 - unscheduled day off
    9/9 - 2 miles

September: 14.1 of 35 miles completed
  • endlessenigma
    endlessenigma Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Second day of the third week in C25K. It was definitely tougher than the first day but I made it through!

9/1 - 2.06 miles (walk)
    9/2 - 2.76 miles (run/walk)
    9/3 - 2.26 miles (walk/run)
    9/4 - 2.82 miles (run/walk)
    9/5 - 5 miles (walking) also kayaked about 4 miles!
    9/6 - 2.16 miles (walk)
    9/7 - approximately 4.42 miles. (Run/walk)
    9/8 - 2 miles (walk)
    9/9 - 2.46 miles (run/walk)

exercise.png
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I had a bit of a variety pack 8.5 mile run tonight. After reaching 13.1 miles on a long run Monday I decided I was ready to start adding a tempo run to my week. My intent was 1 mile easy, 2 miles tempo, 1 mile easy, 2 miles tempo, 1 mile easy, but ended with easy > tempo>easy>hill sprint>easy>fartleks>easy.

Overall pace was 10:42, tempo was just under 9:00, and the hill sprint which was just a quarter mile was 7:48. The tempo run part felt really great and I look forward to doing more of those. The second tempo run was to start, by coincidence, at the base of a large hill. Screw it, I decided to sprint it. Good little HR spike there!

One thing I noticed after the tempo run and hill sprint is that when I felt I was back at an easy pace, my HR was just 127 rather than my usual goal of 132 to 136.

9/01 - Rest
    9/02 - 6.1 Miles, 11:03 pace, 137 HR, 72F
    9/03 - 5.0 Miles, 10:53 pace, 142 HR, 77F
    9/04 - 8.1 Miles, 12:11 pace, 136 HR, 83F
    9/05 - Family Day! - Innertubing down a nearby river and going out to eat.
    9/06 - 7.7 Miles (5.2 + 2.5), First run: 11:05 pace, 139 HR, 76F, Second run with the kid. Also got in a 3 mile walk with Kody.
    9/07 - 13.1 Miles <-- New distance PR! 10:59 pace, 138HR, 68F
    - 2.3 Miles with The Kid
    9/08 - Rest
    9/09 - 8.5 Miles, 10:41 pace, 142 HR, 69F

Goal: 135 Miles
    Progress: 50.8 Miles
    Remaining: 84.2 Miles

396dkib163hl.jpeg
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Congrats on a new PR :). That's why I enjoy my Wednesday/Sunday Runs as they are usually with a group="Good Company" that does help the time fly.
    LOL Great Mental Picture's :D of you trying to get over the trees and steps ( Alice in Wonderland ). But that's the crazy variety that makes us Love the Wild Trails with the terrain changes over the Super Smooth Paved Paths.
    Just back from 2 very long work days so hope to get a few Km on the shoes tomorrow night after work.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    snha wrote: »
    So many of you are amazing runners. It's great to hang out here with you and see your accomplishments. I might never be as serious a runner as many of you are, but hey, I might at least share the joy :)@kristinegift @shanaber @Stoshew71 @7lenny7 @skippygirlsmom just to name a few!
    @snha - thanks for including me in this group! Like @skippygirlsmom I don't know how 'serious' a runner I am - I haven't been running long and I am 'older' so I just run - because it makes me feel great and I can eat/drink pretty much whatever I want :) I enjoy competitions so I like to race and I have found HMs to be my favorite distance - as in the 3 bears... it is just right!

@HonuNui - love your snorkeling pictures!!

Today was my rest day and it was a brutal work day - I felt like I didn't move all day and my eyes are exhausted from working on the computer. After feeling so cranky and out of sorts today I know I really need to run in the morning but it isn't supposed to cool off over night and it is so humid - thunderstorms and all! Since when did CA sign up to be part of the South or East?? I am pretty sure I didn't agree to this weather when I moved here :) I will get a run in early in the heat before it gets really hot. Hoping this is the last week of this terribleness before we move on to actual Fall weather or as close as So California gets to actual Fall weather!

I do have a question for the women here (and wives or significant others) - do you wear a HR/activity monitor watch/GPS and if so which one? I am looking at the Garmins, FitBit Surge and others but they all are so big on my arm. I don't really need the GPS as I have the apps on my phone but want the other features (HRM, Pace, steps, etc...).

• GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    Options

exercise.png

10Km this morning

• patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    01/9 12 miles
    02/9 12 miles
    03/9 10k
    04/9 12 miles