• vaughnk09
    vaughnk09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes please.
  • janenightingale
    janenightingale Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    @janenightingale I go for ice cream when I have leftover calories...it's good and doesn't leave me hazy the way wine always did.

If I had got some ice-cream in the freezer I would have done but I had already hoovered that up at the weekend lol!
  • roxannechantelle
    roxannechantelle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing this for September. I'm actually working weekends so this should hopefully be easier not too drink. The struggle is hard when there's a big social event though! Good luck everyone and feel free to add me if anyone needs support or would like to also support me
  • jesha00
    jesha00 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So last week I decided to try sparking water. All of you seem to enjoy it and it's a good alcohol substitute. Ok -- I tried 4 different kinds and I believe it's the grossest beverage I've ever had. Yuck!!! I don't know how you guys can stand it!!!

I have not made it the entire month without alcohol, but I will say that I've made great strides at working on it. Last weekend I actually went to a small party and did NOT drink. I still had fun and felt great the next morning :) now all I need to do is continue to do that more often. I'm noticing that it's getting easier to have days off from drinking ghee more I do it -- which is a good thing. When I first started cutting back it was horrible going one day. Now I'm easily doing 3. I have not made it past day 4 yet though....hopefully I can, eventually. Right now the thought is scary :/
  • MyWhole30Journey
    MyWhole30Journey Posts: 175 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @jesha00 sorry the sparkling water didn't work out for you. Personally I don't know what's not to like, especially the lemon or orange, not much different than having a slice of lemon in your glass of water. Going 3 days is good, especially if that's been difficult for you in the past. You can easily do 4, Mon., Tues., Weds., Thurs. Week nights are easier to do without.

Today is Day 41 for me. I'm feeling great. It's a habit that took me 33 years to change, drinking not less than a bottle of wine a night. My poor liver! I want to live a long healthy life and I won't do that if I continued down that road. Hopefully it's not too late.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I also found the first few days very tough. Once I managed to get through the first Friday night where I really really wanted wine, I found everything else got easier. I was able to go out to eat with friends and go to a banquet with free wine and just stay committed to my goal.

Since the chocolate helped with the banquet I might try bringing candy to my next big social event and if I feel tempted, eat a Hershey's bar or hide some chocolate kisses in my bag. 4 kisses would probably do the trick.
  • VanderB_55386
    VanderB_55386 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Day 3 for me!!! Now is when I will start to burn fat correct??? Because I am not trying to purge the poison of alcohol from my system?
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hang in there ;)
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    Managed to not drink at a huge party tonight. This one had me worried. I had a blast anyway! I'm not sure if I'll drink again. Is a pain and causes problems. I don't do moderation well.

Same here.

• dogcatac
    dogcatac Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    ooo ill join yall. dont drink very much as it is, but how bout just none :P
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Day 13 for me. A couple days have been tough but I haven't faced any real tests yet like a social occasion. I've been avoiding them which I realize is not a long-term solution. What I can't figure out is why I start again when I feel so much better without it?!? I am determined to get through all of September at least!

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Good luck with this weekend everyone!! I hope we can all stay the course!
  • dogcatac
    Options
    la croix ftw
  • phillytoast
    phillytoast Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I didn't know this was a thing ! I'm on day 3 and nearly tearing my hair out
  • MyWhole30Journey
    Options
    I didn't know this was a thing ! I'm on day 3 and nearly tearing my hair out

You can do it, if you really want to. They say you can break a habit in 21 days, after that it's a choice, not a craving. I'm on Day 42 and feeling pretty great right now.
  • MyWhole30Journey
    Options
    dogcatac wrote: »
    la croix ftw

I've only tried the Coconut and wasn't thrilled, prefer my Poland Springs. I do want to try LaCroix's new flavor, "Watermelon". Yum!!! :)
  • dogcatac
    Options
    orange is the best!! coconut is actually my least favorite haha. i also love mineral water!
  • delladear
    delladear Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Drinking a glass of wine while reading all these posts. I am not trying to be a jerk, I'm trying to figure out if this is something I want to do. I guess my thinking is do you really lose more weight not drinking? What if you count your drinking in your calorie allotment? I would love to hear the results. Right now for me, I am going to moderate myself and see how that goes.
  • dogcatac
    Options
    always helps me :)