Sober September

Options

Replies

• Forciblyfit4fifty
    Options
    Ok, I'm in. I have tried to do this before and haven't even made it until the next day. So, tomorrow will be day one. I like water, but I might get some sparkling water tomorrow for a treat.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Are you all going af permanently? I am not planning to be af forever... just for now. It helps me lose weight and feel better to not drink. Also, I still haven't mastered the whole "one drink" thing, so for now I need to have none.
  • MyWhole30Journey
    MyWhole30Journey Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    37 Days and all is well. I was a little concerned for you all yesterday, this thread was pretty bare. Hoping the Holiday weekend didn't overtake your god intentions and hard work. Congrats to all who are succeeding and good wishes to all who continue to put forth the effort :)
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I blew it yesterday. Looks like it's going to be mostly sober September for me. Scratching lotto tickets with my mom and then watching the new Mad Max together (pretty stupid movie. I don't ever need to watch it again) drinking just sounded soooo good. Back on the wagon today.
  • tmbg1
    Options
    Trying la croix berry sparkling water tonight... Very good!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Managed took
    M

M
  • fiddletime
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Managed to not drink at a huge party tonight. This one had me worried. I had a blast anyway! I'm not sure if I'll drink again. Is a pain and causes problems. I don't do moderation well.
  • fiddletime
    Options
    P
  • fiddletime
    Options
    iPhone problems!!
  • lilyann1981
    lilyann1981 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I failed on Saturday. I went to a wedding and before I knew it I was drinking wine and dancing with the bride to classic rock.

Feeling horrific, even now. This is me officially off the booze.
  • janenightingale
    janenightingale Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    6 guests for the start of Strictly Come Dancing ( UK Original of Dancing with the Stars) and managed to drink fizzy water all night, guests assuming I was on g and t. Invited to neighbours on Sunday (good weather in England? Wow! ) so took a bottle of Rose with a glass taken out of it and carried a glass of water with food colouring in it. Stayed for 30 mins because I had to get back to make our meal and left bottle there. Don't like being deceptive, but much easier than everyone asking me 'how is it going?'and being disappointed if I fall off the wagon, or offended if I don't have a drink with them. So far, 7 days af. Yesterday a bit of an ice-cream binge in compensation!
  • fiddletime
    Options
    Sorry about the posts. I had to switch to my computer as my phone appears to not be working to well. It keeps jiggling around and deleting things and adding letters and posting on its own and stuff.

I think that each time you say "no" to alcohol at an alcohol event, it gets easier. For me at any rate. When I was offered a glass of wine last night, the first thing I said was "no thanks, I'll have one later". That bought me some time to think. Then I went and ate some candy, so I wasn't so hungry waiting for the big banquet dinner. By the time the food and drinks came, I was mentally prepared to just not have any. I was tempted though.

Next time, I hope to just not be tempted, cuz I know that I can hold the line and not have any, but still have a great time. It takes practice, getting confident enough to go to big parties and know that you can have fun, and can also not drink. Because I didn't drink, I tracked my calories as well, even the candy. And was only a couple of hundred over and didn't have desert. I'd have had seconds and desert if I'd been drinking.
  • MyWhole30Journey
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Glad to hear you're all making it through this long weekend and the final summer hoorahs. @fiddletime, smart move on your part. I could substitute candy for anything and be happy lol. @janenightingale, good for you too! We should never have to make excuses for doing the right thing, but we do. Sometimes people just don't understand, or don't want to.
    Day # 38 for me.
  • tmbg1
    Options
    Ok I had two glasses of wine tonight at a dinner out. The good news is that I stopped after two which I normally can't do. The bad news is that I am supposed to be dry this month. Back on it tomorrow!
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I'm trying for a Sober September so I'm in! So far, so good. I always wonder why it's so hard not to drink when I feel so much better when I don't drink. Ah, well, most of what I feel doesn't make sense so why should this be any different? Lol.

• tmbg1
    Options
    Stressful day but not medicating with wine!
  • MyWhole30Journey
    Options
    Sober September! Day 40 and all is good.
  • janenightingale
    janenightingale Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Today is feeling really hard. I'm grumpy and tired and would normally have a large gin and tonic or glass of wine to cheer myself up. However, I've lost 3lb, 2.5 since giving up alcohol for September so that has to be my motivation for today. I still have 300 calories left so might go on the hunt for something else comforting
  • tmbg1
    Options
    @janenightingale I go for ice cream when I have leftover calories...it's good and doesn't leave me hazy the way wine always did.
  • Louz163
    Louz163 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I signed up for stay sober for september for cancer research ( UK ) got this badge sent to me & thought id share with everyone else staying sober this month rlfb1czbzkha.jpg