In need of friends! Leave a comment below to have others add you as well. We've got this!

Options
Hi Everyone!
I'm looking for friends to help keep me motivated, share tips/advice, and INSPIRATION on my weight loss journey.

I have been in a weight limbo my whole life. I was the "heavy" girl with the "pretty" face until I lost the extra weight going into sophomore year in high school. I went from a stuffed size 16 to a confident size 7. (I still thank my Dad to this day for keeping the kitchen stocked with fresh fruits and vegetables)
I rode that thin-fit-and-happy wave until my first pregnancy in my 20's, of which, sadly I lost all control. Now I'm 30 and have a hill to climb and do not want to do it alone. I've spent too many days inactive and in a haze of self shame and procrastination. Those days are now behind and are being replaced with positive thoughts and affirmations to a healthy and fit future ahead! Good luck on all your own personal journeys. Add me to share in our successes.

Replies

• DRheault89
    DRheault89 Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Good luck!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ...you are more than welcome to add me ...wishing you much success :)
  • TimiaWhittaker
    TimiaWhittaker Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Jewel, I need friends too. I am a 45-year-old mother of two. I'm trying to lose 15-20 lbs. I lost 45 pounds some years ago and did a pretty good job of keeping it off until the last couple of years. I even gave my testimony on The FIRM's infomercial because of my weight loss success. Unfortunately, I have gained more than half of it back even though my workouts have been consistent. It's been mainly due to overindulgence and partially due to my metabolism slowing down once I hit my forties. Hope you will add me as a friend. Good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • JewelAlexander
    JewelAlexander Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you, and thank you for your story. I look forward to sharing our success together. :)
  • KimberLinzey
    KimberLinzey Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Let's be friends!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Marinemomm
    Marinemomm Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Always need friends !!
  • sunshine21491
    sunshine21491 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • drabbeardsley
    drabbeardsley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'd love to inspire, support, and charge my challenges as well.
  • Kasymira
    Kasymira Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :blush:
  • krebeka9393
    krebeka9393 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Always in need of amazing friends !:) feel free to add me
  • theycallmearth
    theycallmearth Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi, you're welcome to add me if you want.
  • Tintin13
    Tintin13 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm enjoying this fitness journey of becoming a better me
  • ericawomack90
    ericawomack90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I'm new to the weight loss journey!!! I'm in Houston Tx and I need meal plans also I have a thyroid issue
  • gggirl67
    gggirl67 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Would love another friend! Let's get this done!!
  • clarkkent4523
    clarkkent4523 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me.
  • jgomez0720
    jgomez0720 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me, Jewel I sent you a friend request! I'm always up for motivation and giving it! We all can do this!!!
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. I am confident you are on the way back to the person you want to be.
  • Blake3693
    Blake3693 Posts: 56 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Good luck with your journey! Stick with it and you'll be back to a size 7 in no time :)
  • geotraveling
    geotraveling Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me.
  • Endless_Journey
    Endless_Journey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place for support, I have lost 111lbs so far. I wish you Good luck on your journey to a healthier you!!