Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Can you open your diary?

Yeah 0822 is the code
  • Littleowl101
    Littleowl101 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    I'm going to buy a food scale and start measuring everything. I've also connected my Fitbit too :)

No need to log any step-based activity—your Fitbit is tracking it for you. Log non-step exercise (like swimming or biking) either in Fitbit or in MFP—never both. Exercise logged in MFP overwrites your Fitbit burn during that time. (So I log exercise in Fitbit.)

If you connect your Fitbit with Trendweight.com (it's free), you'll see a moving average of your weight without the "noise" of water weight. It really helped me lose the weight + maintain.
    Do I have to have a wifi scale for trend weight?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Littleowl101/
    0822 is the code

Logging is simple, but it ain't easy. Weigh everything rather than using cups & spoons (including spreads, oil, and packaged foods).

Learn to identify accurate database entries. Anyone can put in anything they want, and using a low-calorie entry will never get you closer to goal. Never, ever use anyone else's "homemade" entries—some people are downright delusional.

Use the recipe builder. In the app, go to More > My Recipes & Foods > Recipes > + (at top right).

When you scan a barcode, verify the entry against the label. Also, weigh the food. If the label says 1 serving = 100g and you've got 150g, that's 1.5 servings.
    Do I have to have a wifi scale for trend weight?

Nope. Just a Fitbit or Withings account. (Some people even set up a Fitbit account just to use Trendweight!) MFP sends your weight to Fitbit, and Fitbit sends it to Trendweight.