How do you like your cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• nacs246
    nacs246 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I was never one for Cottage cheese but I tried it with Low fat mayonnaise ( Bout 1TablsP) ,Freshly cut mushrooms and onions Mix all togh.Add Salt and pepper if u want. it tastes fine without as well. Slapthe mix on Bread or Baked Potatoes.
    Try this out. Its the only way I learnt to eat Cottage cheese esp the chunky one. Good luck.Let me know if u like it?
  • nalopez
    nalopez Posts: 39
    Options
    I like it anywhere besides in my mouth. Sometimes I like to wear it on my nose. Other times I like to throw it into my little brother's hair. Personally, I think it's just fine sitting in it's container in the grocery store.

Bwaaahaaahaa!
  • ladybugss
    ladybugss Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like my cottage cheese with blue diamond bold salt and vinegar almonds. I mix about 12 salt and vinegar almonds into about a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. Yummy!!!!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese with pineapple as a sandwich filler with really good quality wholemeal bread.
  • shufie
    shufie Posts: 11
    Options
    bump! STILL trying to be a fan of cottage cheese, maybe trying a few new ways to eat it will help!
  • Maggs2742
    Maggs2742 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like it on a piece of wheat toast with a slice of tomato and just a little salt and pepper.
  • Jodanna128
    Options
    I chuck it in with some Tuna and add to salad - just gives a bit more flavour to Tuna when you are getting over the canned fish!!
  • mardavlais
    mardavlais Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Large curd with a little catsup. My mother used to eat it this way when I was a kid. I thought the idea was disgusting, however, when I tried it, I loved it! I like cottage cheese by itself, though - so not sure you'll be as convinced. ;)
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I take a 1/2 cup and lightly salt and pepper beat it a min or so
    and use as my salad dressing it is awesome.

I also love to chop up a fresh soft tomato and add to cottage cheese
    very refreshing and filling.
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I love it with canned peaches, mixed with some of the juice
  • d_smith85
    d_smith85 Posts: 94
    Options
    I like it spicy, this might sound super off the wall. Especially for those of you who like your cottage cheese sweet. I put a bit of Vietnamese chili garlic sauce in it (you only need about 1/4-1/2 tsp) its soooo yummy! Sometimes just with pepper, Epicures garlic pepper is yummy!

I'm really hungry now! lol
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    with Hot Sauce/ Buffalo Sauce and a little chicken... Ummm Yummm!
  • harryandsally
    harryandsally Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Toast a piece of bread and top with cottage cheese. Sprinkle with Splenda and cinnamon. Put it under your broiler just until cheese starts to bubble (watch any bread edges for burning). It's a bit like a guilt-free Danish.

In a pinch, you can heat it in a microwave, but the toast may get soggy. Still tastes good, though.
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I like it with mandarin oranges!
  • allisshiney
    allisshiney Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I add a few tbsp in my salad. YUMMY!!
  • stephierue
    stephierue Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    On bread with lots of pepper. Sometimes with tomatoes salt & pepper on bread. Think odor it as a cheese sandwich!
  • allybtucker
    Options
    Wow, these are some amazing ideas of how to eat cottage cheese. My reccomendation is to make sure you try the different brands. They vary greatly, some are really soft and runny, others are more firm with less liquid. Some I love, others gross me out. It isn't a cost thing, expensive or cheap, they're just different.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of cottage cheese either, but I AM a fan of chips and salsa with sour cream. What I've traded chips and salsa for is veggies and cottage cheese mixed with salsa. Mix (to taste) cottage cheese with your favorite salsa and dip your veggies in it! I've alse eaten these with triscuits and wheat thins - very delicious and much healthier than my previous dip! Not exactly the same, but the strong taste of the salsa really distracts you from the taste and texture of the cottage cheese. High protein snack!

This is mine, too. Half and half salsa and cottage cheese. I also like it with pineapple or fresh berries.
  • angelakathleen77
    Options
    I go for the small curd - smooth and creamy - and mix it with fruit. Lately it has been pineapple and blackberries. I also add it to my smoothies for added calcium and it thickens the smoothie. Good Luck
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I love it with grapes! Especially the green ones. Usually always add salt to mine too. Yum!