Replies

• yallen8832
    yallen8832 Posts: 68
    Options
    Lol you go Jan!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    1 word: envy. It's quite the sin. You should remind this person of that...

And, you should be proud of yourself :)
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You are pretty awesome lady and as I always say -an inspiration! Glad you are my friend!

Awww...thanks Kim!!
  • Janworkingitout
    Options
    You know what? First, I think it was awesome that you called her and stuck up for yourself by explaining how rude her comment was, and secondly, a large frappe to church???? Really??! That's almost as stupid as the comment. Well, I don't know the frappe in church might have been dumber. But what in the world are people thinking some times?? Anyway fantastic job on your weight loss and way to be assertive. People can be so ridiculous.

Thank you! The frappe was a little ridiculous! She sounded so shocked when I told her she couldn't bring it in!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    It's funny, church has been where I've had the most comments on my weight. I started losing when the head bell ringer asked if I was pregnant, although I was just fat. The next comments were to check I wasn't ill or to tell me not to lose any more. Now, finally,I'm mainly asked how I did it :laugh:
  • Janworkingitout
    Options
    Good for you for standing up and letting her know how hard you have worked to look like a crackhead! lol

Funny!!
  • celestedavis
    celestedavis Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    At least you are too skinny, I've lost 76 pounds and someone asked me yesterday when my baby was due! Ha! I had on a "peasant top". I think next time I'll say tomorrow and then they will say, wow you aren't very big.....reverse psychology!
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I think were right in address her comment........Team Jillian Michaels.....luv that comment.......
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Jan...I am so proud of you for all of your VERY hard work. You've really fought to turn your body into a healthy one, especially with your family history of heart disease. You're such an amazing person and you deserve a lot of credit for beating the odds. You look wonderful and you're a good friend too. Keep up the good work, stay focused on your goal, and keep on being HEALTHY!!!! Besides...that person was probably just JEALOUS!!!! LOL!!!!!!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    In CHURCH no less. (not that it's acceptable anywhere, but doing something like that IN CHURCH is what has me blown away!)
  • ladyluck5210
    ladyluck5210 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well this was a really nice story!! You go girl!
  • CallmeKellie
    Options
    U go girl!!!! I had a "friend" (who is bigger than me) tell me that if I lose 30 lbs I would look like a crackhead. I'm at 167 now and used to be 125lbs at 5'5". At not one point in my 30 years on earth have I ever looked like a crackhead. In my mind, I thumped her in her head. Some people just don't want to see you progress, because they have no aspirations to do better with themselves. It's called hating. Let her do her job and you just keep improving on you. Maybe one day she'll join you in working out instead of working out her lips. LOL
  • MattAxtell
    MattAxtell Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    In church? really?

Sure the comment was uncalled for, but you need to learn to turn the other cheek and exercise some self control.

Roid rage
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Best 2 quotes ever - Don't mess with me, Jillian is my trainer and the high road is closed today.

Good for you for calling her out. I'm not a big fan of people insulting others and then passing off their insensitivity as "just joking". They know better and so do I; who do they believe they're fooling? Good job and you are right, no addict works this hard.
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    If you are unhealthy and are gaining weight, in my experience, no one says a word. Start getting your crap together an get healthy, and people say the meanest things. To be fair, lots of people are nice and say good job, but so many have no problem making negative comments about weight loss. I don't get it...

"Not everyone will agree with how you change your eating strategy. Some friends, family co-workers and even neighbors will suddenly develop "concerns" they insist you should have. What I find interesting is that MOST people who bring up these concerns never batted even an eye lash when you were eating wheat, corn, soy, GUZZLING soda, MSG, hot dogs, chips, veggie oil which caused you to get allergies, headaches, IBS, arthritis, autoimmune disorders, etc... which may have led to you taking meds and/or become unhealthy and FAT. BUT, as soon as you start to make a move, BAM, they suddenly have "concerns" to remind you of." ~ FitRichWoman
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Crack head!! Oh.. sorry. I couldn't help but to laugh just a bit!

If your what a crack head looks like, then crack heads are some good look'n folks!
  • LadyKP
    LadyKP Posts: 31
    Options
    I had my boss at work pull me into the office and tell me that my 'weight loss has been extreme" and that I 'look sickly' and that I looked like I "was on drugs". I was thisclose to filing a complaint because she was talking about firing me, but I had a great evaluation later and I told her that her comments were inappropriate, irrelevant, and disrespectful.

Good job on sticking up for yourself. Good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • Janworkingitout
    Options
    In church? really?

Sure the comment was uncalled for, but you need to learn to turn the other cheek and exercise some self control.

Roid rage

I do?
  • Janworkingitout
    Options
    If you are unhealthy and are gaining weight, in my experience, no one says a word. Start getting your crap together an get healthy, and people say the meanest things. To be fair, lots of people are nice and say good job, but so many have no problem making negative comments about weight loss. I don't get it...

"Not everyone will agree with how you change your eating strategy. Some friends, family co-workers and even neighbors will suddenly develop "concerns" they insist you should have. What I find interesting is that MOST people who bring up these concerns never batted even an eye lash when you were eating wheat, corn, soy, GUZZLING soda, MSG, hot dogs, chips, veggie oil which caused you to get allergies, headaches, IBS, arthritis, autoimmune disorders, etc... which may have led to you taking meds and/or become unhealthy and FAT. BUT, as soon as you start to make a move, BAM, they suddenly have "concerns" to remind you of." ~ FitRichWoman

Amen!
  • nanaBeth55
    nanaBeth55 Posts: 24
    Options
    I think you look fantastic, Jan! You are an inspiration for me so you just keep on keeping on! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!