Recommendations for high protein, high carb breakfast for very lazy people!!

Options
Hola, I currently buy instant porridge pots cos I can just stick hot water in them when I get to work, but though I'm getting carbs, I could do with more protein and healthy fats.

there seem to be lots of lovely healthy breakfasts about but they all require a bit of prep and I just want something quick and easy!!!

any tips??

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Sausage sandwich, high in all 3 and tastes amazing. Brown sauce is optional ;)
  • tmsix
    tmsix Posts: 21 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Boiled eggs and wholemeal toast, make it before work and take it with you.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    My latest discovery - P28 high protein pancakes. Just add water. 340 cals, 28 g protein, 42 g carbs. Delicious!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs? Cottage cheese. High protein greek yogurt. Milk or Almond milk with whey protein powder.
    Nuts.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I had instant oats with protein powder mixed in yesterday. It was amazingly good.
  • rdlhuskers
    rdlhuskers Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Low Fat Cottage Cheese
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Protein shake. Porridge.

Wallah.

Peanut butter for some extra fats... preferably in porridge ;)
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    premade sausage breakfast wraps.
    Do a bunch up at once,cool,close and freeze in saran wrap,nuke for 2 minutes when you want it.
    Food for days.
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I make a batch of egg muffins every Sunday that become my breakfast Monday through Saturday (12 muffins = 6 serves). I usually do 2 whole eggs plus 250 grams of egg whites and then whatever veggies/cheese I want. Carb count will depend on what veggies you choose. Just microwave them for a minute and then you can even eat them while driving!
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm a big fan of overnight oats these days. This is what I put in mine:

1/2c rolled oats
    1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
    1 scoop protein powder
    1/2c unsweetened almond milk
    2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
    1 tbsp PB2

There's tons of different recipes for it but it's so easy and so yummy! And sticks with me for a while. I just make batches of two at night and then I have breakfast for the following two days!

If you wanted some more healthy fats just add some hemp hearts or substitute the PB2 with real peanut butter.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Instead of hot water....how about hot milk? A few chopped nuts are good in oatmeal. Look for a refrigerated oatmeal (or overnight oatmeal).....recipes typically use yogurt.

I like Greek yogurt, berries, nuts, and a bit of high fiber cereal. I'm lazy in the a.m. So I dump the wet ingredients in a bowl, cover & refrigerate. Then I measure the dry ingredients (store in a plastic bag)....in the A.M. I can just mix together.
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    premade sausage breakfast wraps.
    Do a bunch up at once,cool,close and freeze in saran wrap,nuke for 2 minutes when you want it.
    Food for days.

Heck yeah, one Sunday afternoon I made up about two dozen breakfast burritos (low-ish carb wrap, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, cheese, and green or red chile), wrap each individually in foil, write what's in it, put in the freezer. The best and easiest grab & go breakfast or lunch, and comes in around 20 carbs and 20 g protein. If you wanted to bulk it up you could add mushrooms, spinach, onion, or whatever else veggies you like. It's like, the smartest thing I've done in the past 6 months.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Crustless quiche. Just reheat a portion in the morning.

Breakfast burritos in low carb tortillas. I don't even have to make them ahead... it just takes 5 minutes to microwave an egg and sausage and assemble.

You could add some protein powder/PB2 in your oatmeal too.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Eggs and toast. You'll need to spend about five minutes making it, but it's high-carb and high protein. People more spend more time waiting in the drive through line for McDonald's than it takes to make eggs and toast, so I'm not sure that a sausage McMuffin with egg would be faster, but it might be easier.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    swift13b wrote: »
    I make a batch of egg muffins every Sunday that become my breakfast Monday through Saturday (12 muffins = 6 serves). I usually do 2 whole eggs plus 250 grams of egg whites and then whatever veggies/cheese I want. Carb count will depend on what veggies you choose. Just microwave them for a minute and then you can even eat them while driving!

I do this, but just a baked crust less quiche type of meal in cake pans. 4 servings at around 140-160 calories each quarter. We just swap out the meat/veggies/cheese.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I cook an entire package of bacon on the weekend and put two slices each in snack bags. I also boil eggs and keep them ready in the fridge. When it's time for breakfast, I can peel and halve two eggs, dump the bacon on the paper plate, and stick it in the microwave. I may also have a toasted sandwich thin with orange marmalade. I can even do this at work. Very satisfying and easy.
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Easy would be sprinkling/mixing in 3 tbsps of manitoba hemp hearts into your porridge cup, it would add 13g of fats (1 saturated) and 10g of protein. although they are seed pieces, they have a very mild nutty taste and they are quite tasty, i add them into shakes/quinoa/omelets/etc.. Only downfall, is that 3tbsp is 170 calories but, they are good for you calories and help keep you feeling full, so they are worth it to me..
  • caci88
    caci88 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Every day I have oats, raspberries, protein powder & pb2.. but if you want higher fat replace pb2 with straight up peanut butter.
    Alternatively make protein pancakes with ground oats, banana, protein powder & egg cooked in coconut oil.
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean and milk or protein plus soymilk.